Cornwall Football Forum

32 minutes ago, Mr Justice said:

I'm hearing a rumour that Ryan Reeves has left Penryn to Wendron.

Ryan Reeve & Russell May both informed myself on Saturday evening that they will be leaving to join Wendron. Can't knock either man, both have been loyal to Penryn over many years. I wish them all the best, Wendron have got a couple of cracking players & top men. 

2 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

True.

Nearly the whole team has left now.

Nothing better than modern day loyalty.

That's two managers left and almost two teams left in the last few years. 

Surely no one can suggest these two players haven’t  been more than loyal to Penryn!

Both can hold their own at SWPL level and as Penryn can’t give them that level football, why not look for it elsewhere. Good move lads and Wendron have made two useful signings with these two joining . 

23 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Surely no one can suggest these two players haven’t  been more than loyal to Penryn!

Both can hold their own at SWPL level and as Penryn can’t give them that level football, why not look for it elsewhere. Good move lads and Wendron have made two useful signings with these two joining . 

Also both stayed when they dropped out the old Swpl West....two very loyal players over the years... couple of great additions for Wendron! 

2 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Not suggesting anything. Merely a generic comment on what is happening to a lot of clubs.

Two excellent fellas.

Stop fishing for a thread!

On 04/07/2022 at 10:31, Jeremy Wade said:

Luke Johnson is playing Rugby

Will they be paying Ed Timmons mortgage?

Justin Miles to play Vets?

JW

Luke Johnson a good player 

ref the other 2 what are they like 40 odd .

with penryn losing everybody I’ll assume it will be illogans league again .

maybe Truro if they’ve kept everyone bar the Falmouth pair . 
and have porthleven added to there squad?

On 04/07/2022 at 14:47, Dave Deacon said:

How have the boys not been loyal? Are they just expected to not play football now anymore? The type of players your meaning do exist in this league, but this is not an example of that

21 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Read the thread...you are a mile out.

Read the thread, yet that is what you have said is coming across like, as myself and a few others have all felt. If that’s not what you meant then I don’t get what point it is exactly your trying to make?

On 04/07/2022 at 11:59, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

True.

Nearly the whole team has left now.

Nothing better than modern day loyalty.

That's two managers left and almost two teams left in the last few years. 

Explain to me how your not implying what many of us seem to think?

4 hours ago, supportcornishfootball said:

Read the thread, yet that is what you have said is coming across like, as myself and a few others have all felt. If that’s not what you meant then I don’t get what point it is exactly your trying to make?

Explain to me how your not implying what many of us seem to think?

Its happened to us and several other clubs, one goes they all, or nearly all go, been happening for a few years now is what is the new norm is what I said.

Not a comment on the ones that have left, those boys have gone and the best of luck to them.

But. It's not loyalty as us old ones know it is what I said.

Modern loyalty,  not for me in my world, all change.

Tbf ryan reeves and Russel may have been with penryn for roughly around 9years now with Russel being captain for half of that and reeves becoming penryns all time top goalscorer in that time, both stayed for 2 rebuilds from the club, now it’s there time to leave and make a name for themselves at a new club, wish them both best of luck!

10 hours ago, SluttyStriker69 said:

Tbf ryan reeves and Russel may have been with penryn for roughly around 9years now with Russel being captain for half of that and reeves becoming penryns all time top goalscorer in that time, both stayed for 2 rebuilds from the club, now it’s there time to leave and make a name for themselves at a new club, wish them both best of luck!

And excellent service they gave, I wish them well.

9 hours ago, Falmouthman said:

Heard at Falmouth today couple of departures from St Pirans team

Adam  Barnicoat to Mousehole Dev St Pirans and Liam Chinn to Dropship Trelawny Lge

Lots of younger players /u18s. in to Town reserves which can only be good for the club 

Worrying times for the Reserves though when they couldn’t raise a side today.

34 minutes ago, bighairydave said:

Worrying times for the Reserves though when they couldn’t raise a side today.

Quite a few rumblings regards Big Club Falmouth pulling out of a game at Sticker?

Got the impression from this forum they were the Real Madrid of Cornwall Football last season. Bit strange they can't get enough bodies for a gentle leg stretcher?

Surely they'd of got a few Ringers willing to represent them from the F Troop 🤪 

• 2 weeks later...

Any news on St Pirans East coming and going? 

Rumours that Altarnun will be without Sam Smith which combined with being manager less could be a big loss for them.

Guessing that the Coton brothers have left Gunnislake after seeing them play for Dobwalls. Likewise their young midfielder Raglan appears to be off to Liskeard. Have they replaced any of these?

St Dominick got battered by Mount Gould the other day after struggling to raise a side. Apparently goalkeeper Blatchford is out for the foreseeable after getting injured at the end of last season, will be a massive loss for them, if Prescott can’t get himself fit then it’s a lot of weight on the shoulders or Ryall and the lanky centre back to carry the rest of that side. 

Would have thought both promoted sides could be in and around the top group of teams but it will be interesting to see how they cope with the loss of certain players. If Saltash Borough and St Mawgan can keep their goal scoring machines then I think it could be any one of half a dozen teams that win the league.