Cornwall Football Forum

St ives Mariners Training

16 hours ago, I guarantee said:

Will you still be at nancegollan as I hear praze are putting a second team in

Hope you hold firm and not let them take it over

I can confirm that mariners will be playing at nancegollan This season,Praze Asked us to join them as one club and become there 2nd team which we declined,Praze have applyed to enter a second team in to the league but will play else where.

23 hours ago, fudge said:

I can confirm that mariners will be playing at nancegollan This season,Praze Asked us to join them as one club and become there 2nd team which we declined,Praze have applyed to enter a second team in to the league but will play else where.

Iv heard praze have told dropship ladies that they cannot play their games on a Sunday at the hallowed turf either at nancegollan? 

surly without a pitch for praze 2nds they will not be accepted into the league at the agm? 

21 minutes ago, Sijames said:

Iv heard praze have told dropship ladies that they cannot play their games on a Sunday at the hallowed turf either at nancegollan? 

surly without a pitch for praze 2nds they will not be accepted into the league at the agm? 

Have just spoke to the manager at Praze, there has been nothing said regarding dropship ladies not playing at nancegollan. Not sure where this has come from but its complete nonsense. The decision of who plays at Nancegollan is not decided by Praze - it is decided by the parish council. 

Also, the 2nd's have secured a pitch for the season so there will be no concerns with being accepted into the league at the AGM, all being well. 

Hope this clears up all the negative comments. 

38 minutes ago, Sijames said:

Yes Praze have another pitch with full changing facilities lined up, hoping to put forward a 2nd team next year.  Quality and numbers at training has been superb so fingers crossed we will be voted in. The majority of new players were not playing last season, so good to be bringing more into the game.

Praze have funded a number of improvements at nancegollan including new dug outs and perimeter fencing that will greatly improve for all.  However, we are purely users of the pitch and have no input on which teams play there.  No truth at all in Praze stopping anyone playing there.

Happy days!