Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Recommended Posts

Just now, 100%cornish said:

Another signing for Liskeard Sam Hill cant say i have heard of him but think he was at Dobwalls doesnt say on the site 

Played for Dobwalls, Callington, Launceston and Torpoint recently,  good solid dependable player, can play at the back or midfield.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, teflon123 said:

Liskeard chucking around the £ notes as well as Wadebridge & St Blazey.

Be a straight shoot out between Liskeard and Blazey for me. Experience will get Blazey over the line in my opinion.

Also heard they got another signing along the same calibre as River Allen to be announced soon.

Wadebridge and Blazey may be chucking around the money .. can't comment as only concern ourselves as what is going on with us

Liskeard certainly aren't throwing money at players.  Wages went up last year as the loyal core that we have had been on the bare minimum since they had been playing for the club, so they deserved a little bit extra

As Martin McHugh stated above, we are trying to build something for the future, not trying to lure people in with a chequebook 

But believe what you want to believe .. it's us that work tirelessly behind the scenes and know the score 👍

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Toroloco13 said:

Wadebridge and Blazey may be chucking around the money .. can't comment as only concern ourselves as what is going on with us

Liskeard certainly aren't throwing money at players.  Wages went up last year as the loyal core that we have had been on the bare minimum since they had been playing for the club, so they deserved a little bit extra

As Martin McHugh stated above, we are trying to build something for the future, not trying to lure people in with a chequebook 

But believe what you want to believe .. it's us that work tirelessly behind the scenes and know the score 👍

 

Sustainable progress far better than a lash the cash approach. The Blues a good side to watch  Wish you well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Toroloco13 said:

Wadebridge and Blazey may be chucking around the money .. can't comment as only concern ourselves as what is going on with us

Liskeard certainly aren't throwing money at players.  Wages went up last year as the loyal core that we have had been on the bare minimum since they had been playing for the club, so they deserved a little bit extra

As Martin McHugh stated above, we are trying to build something for the future, not trying to lure people in with a chequebook 

But believe what you want to believe .. it's us that work tirelessly behind the scenes and know the score 👍

 

DJ wouldn't go to Liskeard for the fun of it when Wadebridge have offered him bucket loads. 

Lash the cash is exactly what they have been doing, or maybe its a case the club don't know how much some players are getting paid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, teflon123 said:

DJ wouldn't go to Liskeard for the fun of it when Wadebridge have offered him bucket loads. 

Lash the cash is exactly what they have been doing, or maybe its a case the club don't know how much some players are getting paid.

If the club don't know how much the players are getting paid, how do you know?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why would Dj of gone back to Wadebridge dont think they came in for him they have 3 good strikers there in Matt Lloyd ,Kyle Flew and now Jack RAPSEY hope he can stay fit and he will be some asset to a already good Wadebridge team but will miss Sam Wickens who is the states now . Wadebridge dark horses for me will see Saturday week when they play the brilliant Mousehole team looking forward to seeing the 3 Newquay boys playing ,Louis Price , Hayden Turner and Callam McConie . 

Not long now people until we are back at a ground cheering on our teams shouting at the refs and saying thats it im never watching them again .

Stay safe people theres some nutters on the road on Tuesday i saw a motorcyclist driving 1 handed while talking on his phone with his other hand 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

 

Not long now people until we are back at a ground cheering on our teams shouting at the refs and saying thats it im never watching them again .

This is the fundamental issue with football these days and the referee shortage is a direct consequence of this mindset.

It may only be a harmless, throwaway comment but it encapsulates the nationwide attitude towards match officials across all levels.

Hopefully Steve will spend more time cheering than shouting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/06/2022 at 02:34, teflon123 said:

DJ wouldn't go to Liskeard for the fun of it when Wadebridge have offered him bucket loads. 

Lash the cash is exactly what they have been doing, or maybe its a case the club don't know how much some players are getting paid.

DJ wants to win things so … 

Players are on a fraction of what some clubs pay and club know exactly what players are getting paid seeing as they pay their wages (and the tax)

May seem foreign to you but a) there is more to football than money and b) don’t believe everything you hear! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

28 minutes ago, Thomas mcabe said:

Neil Slateford is the only addition so far. 
 

They need to bring in more quality for Saturday matches the mid week squad is decent though thanks to dual registrations.

Bug season ahead as last 2 years had been very poor

You’re not wrong Thomas!! Got bitten bout 10 times the other night at Lanhydrock playing golf!! Bloody bugs 🐜😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 25/06/2022 at 06:03, Toroloco13 said:

DJ wants to win things so … 

Players are on a fraction of what some clubs pay and club know exactly what players are getting paid seeing as they pay their wages (and the tax)

May seem foreign to you but a) there is more to football than money and b) don’t believe everything you hear! 

Liskeard offered Adam McPherson £70 a game though, ( no point denying it either as I know it’s fact )  So id say the above post has lost value if they can offer a young unproven striker that kind of money

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, The Observer__ said:

Liskeard offered Adam McPherson £70 a game though, ( no point denying it either as I know it’s fact )  So id say the above post has lost value if they can offer a young unproven striker that kind of money

😂😂😂😂 you really are clutching at imaginary straws! Did you partake in the conversation between Adam and manager .. no! Was Adam offered £70 .. no! 
Adam was spoken to but no money was mentioned, have the messages here in front of me 😂😂😂😂
If you really think that Liskeard are going to pay “an unproven striker” (your words) more than James Lorenz or Jarrad Woods then you obviously need your head read.

You need to find more reliable “sources” 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Toroloco13 said:

😂😂😂😂 you really are clutching at imaginary straws! Did you partake in the conversation between Adam and manager .. no! Was Adam offered £70 .. no! 
Adam was spoken to but no money was mentioned, have the messages here in front of me 😂😂😂😂
If you really think that Liskeard are going to pay “an unproven striker” (your words) more than James Lorenz or Jarrad Woods then you obviously need your head read.

You need to find more reliable “sources” 😂

Lorenz is on less then £70 pound a game. ?? Scandalous 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/06/2022 at 10:50, 100%cornish said:

Why would Dj of gone back to Wadebridge dont think they came in for him they have 3 good strikers there in Matt Lloyd ,Kyle Flew and now Jack RAPSEY hope he can stay fit and he will be some asset to a already good Wadebridge team but will miss Sam Wickens who is the states now . Wadebridge dark horses for me will see Saturday week when they play the brilliant Mousehole team looking forward to seeing the 3 Newquay boys playing ,Louis Price , Hayden Turner and Callam McConie . 

Not long now people until we are back at a ground cheering on our teams shouting at the refs and saying thats it im never watching them again .

Stay safe people theres some nutters on the road on Tuesday i saw a motorcyclist driving 1 handed while talking on his phone with his other hand 

Dj is a better striker than all three of them together his record speaks for itself wadebridge would definitely be interested if he wanted to go there would be the questions

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 25/06/2022 at 12:47, Thomas mcabe said:

Neil Slateford is the only addition so far. 
 

They need to bring in more quality for Saturday matches the mid week squad is decent though thanks to dual registrations.

Bug (big) season ahead as last 2 years had been very poor

Slates signing for St.Austell,  don't think so.

Staying dual registered with Saltash and Wadebridge, unless anyone knows different. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...