Cornwall Football Forum

Combination and Trelawney League Amalgamation

Any movement on this? Is there a proposal being put forward for a merger at the AGM? With all the restructuring going on in the Leagues above, surely now is the time to have the debate and put the wheels in motion to make the move towards what I think everyone agrees is a sensible way ahead? Be nice to see what other folk think?

5 hours ago, BAGMAN said:

Any movement on this? Is there a proposal being put forward for a merger at the AGM? With all the restructuring going on in the Leagues above, surely now is the time to have the debate and put the wheels in motion to make the move towards what I think everyone agrees is a sensible way ahead? Be nice to see what other folk think?

With the possible changes across all the leagues in Cornwall watch this space over the summer.

54 minutes ago, John Mead said:

I've been trying to get things moving in this direction for at least 5 years! They've not yet managed to hold a joint meeting of the Leagues to discuss the possibility, despite being given the mandate by Clubs to do so.

Haha John...old school hanging on, never know when to leave.

When you have been doing something for a long length of time people tend to end up doing it for themselves, they just cannot see it.

13 hours ago, BAGMAN said:

Doesn’t seem to be happening anytime soon which is frustrating. The combination needs to be absorbed into the Trelawny creating a Premier Plus or something like that giving a clear pathway to the St Piran and allowing clubs to compete in the Junior Cup. Scrap this intermediate cup madness which nobody really likes and put the St Piran teams back in the Senior cup. Reducing different leagues also prevents players signing for eleventy billion clubs.

This is what is happening. 

At the end of next season there will be a completely new structure from the St Pirans league down. 

The St Pirans, Combination and The Trelawny League will no more. 

There will be one league for argument sake called West Cornwall League. Current St Pirian being the top division and then broken down all the way down to the bottom. The league fixtures will be administrators will be dealt with by one entity.  

This will not happen next season but the season after…

2 hours ago, Richard Chown said:

At the end of next season there will be a completely new structure from the St Pirans league down. 

There will be one league for argument sake called West Cornwall League. Current St Pirian being the top division and then broken down all the way down to the bottom. The league fixtures will be administrators will be dealt with by one entity.  

Good, about time.

3 hours ago, Richard Chown said:

That's certainly one of the options being put forward by CCFA at planned roadshows across the County. To me, it's the most sensible choice but the Clubs will ultimately make the decision.

7 hours ago, manutdfcok said:

Ok Dave. If all one league in 2023/24 season. Would this mean from st pirans down to Trelawney leagues. The player could only sign for one club ? If so it would stop clubs bringing in ringers.

It will be good to stop ringers but it will also lead to many more clubs failing to raise sides I think - with the declining interest and commitment among players, coupled with the crazy fines for bookings these days, clubs won’t be able to bring in players from any side, higher or lower to help out when short. Will force clubs to have their own reserve sides possibly. Think we need to be careful what we wish for here 

Surely if there is one league it would help with administration, as much as I hate it when clubs bring in ringers because it distorts results and leagues have to agree with MattP we need to be careful.

That said this must surely be what the FA wanted when the dreamt up this clear path to the Premier league, which personally I feel is impossible unless your club discovers oil or gold.