Cornwall Football Forum

CHAMPIONS BOWL - Saturday 14 May 2022

Wasnt quite sure where to put this topic .Looking forward to the game at Priory Park tmmrw between Falmouth and Torpoint hope to be there been up all night with food poisoning i think a dodgy Sweet and Sour . . 

Going to set off early tmmrw going to take Smokie up on the Beacon for a run around thats our usual ritual when im watching a game in Bodmin .Well the match is a hard 1 to predict but im going for Falmouth with JBE on fire and i think Ryan Barnes is a better goalie than Jason Peters ,but they do have Ryan Richards and Curtis Damerell, Ryan would be in my top 3 of favourite strikers in the last 10 years No 1 would be Adam Carter No2 Levi Lansricombe and N0 3 would be Ryan Richards but you got the young kid on the block Jack Bray EVANS and he has been on fire since he has gone to Falmouth he was good when at Newquay but hes gone up a level since going to Falmouth i suppose hes surrounded by better players and management . 

Ok see you all tmmrw come and see Jack get the Golden Boot 

Im going for a 3-1 win to Falmouth this should be a classic didnt go much on the Cornwall vs Devon match the other night except for Jacks outstanding goal 

9 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Wasnt quite sure where to put this topic .Looking forward to the game at Priory Park tmmrw between Falmouth and Torpoint hope to be there been up all night with food poisoning i think a dodgy Sweet and Sour . . 

Going to set off early tmmrw going to take Smokie up on the Beacon for a run around thats our usual ritual when im watching a game in Bodmin .Well the match is a hard 1 to predict but im going for Falmouth with JBE on fire and i think Ryan Barnes is a better goalie than Jason Peters ,but they do have Ryan Richards and Curtis Damerell, Ryan would be in my top 3 of favourite strikers in the last 10 years No 1 would be Adam Carter No2 Levi Lansricombe and N0 3 would be Ryan Richards but you got the young kid on the block Jack Bray EVANS and he has been on fire since he has gone to Falmouth he was good when at Newquay but hes gone up a level since going to Falmouth i suppose hes surrounded by better players and management . 

Ok see you all tmmrw come and see Jack get the Golden Boot 

Im going for a 3-1 win to Falmouth this should be a classic didnt go much on the Cornwall vs Devon match the other night except for Jacks outstanding goal 

Hopefully JBE is fit after coming off injured on Wednesday 

Did look in great form though

I’m looking forward to this one tomorrow to see how we will fair against a good Falmouth Town side. I’m looking forward to seeing the F-Troop as I have never seen them before in action in full voice, it’s good to see fans singing at matches, reminds me of when I go to watch my team Burnley at Turf Moor! 

PS: The programmes are all ready printed and on my desk ready to bring down tomorrow. 

Up the point 💛🖤💛

18 minutes ago, The Torpoint Massive said:

I’m looking forward to this one tomorrow to see how we will fair against a good Falmouth Town side. I’m looking forward to seeing the F-Troop as I have never seen them before in action in full voice, it’s good to see fans singing at matches, reminds me of when I go to watch my team Burnley at Turf Moor! 

PS: The programmes are all ready printed and on my desk ready to bring down tomorrow. 

Up the point 💛🖤💛

If you're winning you won't hear them much...lol.

Well done Falmouth 

Having watched JBE the other night and seeing he got more today I'd like to slightly up my views on him

Have always said he was a good player but never thought he was mobile enough. 

He seems to have exchanged bulk for a more athletic frame(I. m. o) and this along with playing in a good side has made him an excellent player 

Look forward to seeing what he can do next season

8 minutes ago, Footy follower said:

Well done Falmouth 

Having watched JBE the other night and seeing he got more today I'd like to slightly up my views on him

Have always said he was a good player but never thought he was mobile enough. 

He seems to have exchanged bulk for a more athletic frame(I. m. o) and this along with playing in a good side has made him an excellent player 

Look forward to seeing what he can do next season

Finished 4-2 to town .TREBLE WINNERS ! 🏆🏆🏆

Went to Bodmin to watch the final and thoroughly enjoyed the match , First half was all Falmouth and who else was going to score but Jack Bray Evans scoring 2 goals i thought it was going to be a hammering from then on because Torpoint where poor especially there top goalscorer Curtis Damerell .

Ryan Richards scored just before HT and when the restart it was like a different Torpoint team and Richards got his 2nd it was all Torpoint then with them hitting the bar and then Damerell failing to get a touch to get the ball over the line . JBE then went off with a injury so no Hat trick fro Jack but hasnt had a bad season as he .

A moment of madness then Torpoint given away 2 pens both for rash challenges the 2nd 1 resulting Callum O,Brien being sent off ,up stepped Luke Brabyn to score 2 fine pens , and then you knew more silverwork was on the way to Falmouth what a team they are and the F Troop are brilliant evn had a Dragon Dinosaur Polar Bear and dear old Pickachoo the Western League wont know will hit them when that lot turn up i will miss seeing them. Had lovely chat with Chris EVANS a real football man did miss not having Smokie with me he was in the car but have been told i can bring him for the charity match next weekend organised by Neil Slateford what a good cause done by Neil for his dad who was a brilliant footballer and i know a thing or 2 about Cancer after having Kidney Cancer and Prostate Cancer but im still here god knows how .Would of been my parners 55 birthday today but she passed away on May 25th miss her so much and watching local football has hlped me deal with my grief but it never goes away its the loneliness which is the worst part . 

Well Done Falmouth enjoyed folowing you around  watching your brilliant team . Nearly forgot MOM JBE FALMOUTH AND TORPOINT RYAN RICHARDS Officials did well and handle the game well and was always in control well done to the Men In Black 

Was nice meeting Rappo after the match and taking his photo i dont like asking people if i can take there photo i dont like to intrude i was going to ask Mark earlier when he was standing behind me but he was with his wife and was talking to some people and i did not want to be rude 

Hoping to be at Neils match next week some real legends there thing the oxygen should be ready because some of them are no Spring Chickens ,if Smokie isnt allowed in the ground i wont be going . 

Ok everyone have a lovely summer and hope to see you at Pre Sreason matches 

20 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Would of been my parners 55 birthday today but she passed away on May 25th miss her so much and watching local football has hlped me deal with my grief but it never goes away its the loneliness which is the worst part .

Ok everyone have a lovely summer and hope to see you at Pre Sreason matches 

Thanks for your match reports 100%, always enjoyed reading them.  You and Smokie look after yourselves and have a nice summer.  Stay strong, maybe you'll get along to Bickland Park next season.

👍

Thanks Town Fan think i will have to get along to Bickland Park just to see Pickachoo and friends and listen to the Great F Troop ,because the Peninsula league is going to be very poor without Falmouth in it and no St Dennis where i love going to so it will be Godolphin ,Newquay and more trips to Blazey and who i think will win the league Liskeard will be watching them as well . Looking forward to seeing who plays who in Pre Season was looking forward to going to Saltash to see the Man Utd Legends play there but that game is now off maybe someone will step in and have Man Utd Legends play at there ground good money earner for Newquay .

15 hours ago, Footy follower said:

I've seen it and not heard it with my own eyes and ears.... Only sing when you're winning... Luckily for you that's quite often 

Lost 3 games in all competitions this season. 2-3 to ST Blazey(SWPL), 0-2 to Okehampton(WCP cup) and 1-3 to Buckland(FA Vase).

I dont know why i am bothering to reply tbh but i do like to indulge now and again lol.

Here are some quotes from Buckland and Okehampton officials after 2 of our defeats.

So Footy follower, please read the twitter comments and realise your "Only sing when you're winning" comment may not be 100% true. :)  

BUCKLAND AWAY VASE 20121.PNG

OKEHAMPTON AWAY WCP 1.PNG

OKEHAMPTON AWAY wcp CUP.PNG

3 hours ago, Jeff Chambers said:

Lost 3 games in all competitions this season. 2-3 to ST Blazey(SWPL), 0-2 to Okehampton(WCP cup) and 1-3 to Buckland(FA Vase).

I dont know why i am bothering to reply tbh but i do like to indulge now and again lol.

Here are some quotes from Buckland and Okehampton officials after 2 of our defeats.

So Footy follower, please read the twitter comments and realise your "Only sing when you're winning" comment may not be 100% true. :)  

I'd have to say, yesterday was different..first half they was great, singing songs etc when they went 2 up, but as for the second half when torpoint was on top getting back at 2-2 and looking like the only side to win the game, there wasn't a peep from the F-troop until they were awarded a pen in the 90th min.

3 hours ago, Jeff Chambers said:

They like the money coming in 🤔

Also I'm judging it on the game I saw... Relative silence whilst losing against Liskeard.. Came to life later on whilst winning. 

Tbh I'd prefer to talk about the good team you have and not always about the Infamous f troop 

27 minutes ago, Southwest football fan said:

I'd have to say, yesterday was different..first half they was great, singing songs etc when they went 2 up, but as for the second half when torpoint was on top getting back at 2-2 and looking like the only side to win the game, there wasn't a peep from the F-troop until they were awarded a pen in the 90th min.

It’s very often the case that when two equally good teams are drawing midway through the second half of a match, especially a final, both sets of fans tend to be quiet, as the game is on a knife edge and no one really knows who is going to win. If Falmouth or Torpoint were winning or losing approaching the end of the game, there would be much more noise. At least there was some atmosphere there, by all accounts.

23 minutes ago, Yourhavingalaugh said:

It’s very often the case that when two equally good teams are drawing midway through the second half of a match, especially a final, both sets of fans tend to be quiet, as the game is on a knife edge and no one really knows who is going to win. If Falmouth or Torpoint were winning or losing approaching the end of the game, there would be much more noise. At least there was some atmosphere there, by all accounts.

Not denying that it was good atmosphere from them, although the songs got a little repetitive haha blazey fans last week were just as good and made a lot of noise and encouraging their team on when losing. 

It was a tense game that was for sure, both teams I feel will do well in the western league if they keep hold of their respective squads.

F-troop will Be good for the western league next season though, some clubs won't have seen support like this before. 

4 minutes ago, Footy follower said:

If you check back you mentioned them before me 🤔

BUT yeh best way for me is probably to only comment on the good team you have in future 

A very good team and the best fans in the south west. Good teams can be bought but not a fan base like ours. You started it lol ;) 

Its just a pleasure going to a football match and hearing the F Troop singing Sweet Falmouth Town and the inflatable characters i just love them it brings a atmosphere wherever they go and that is what football needs and they are just great i will miss them next year .The Western League are in for a treat people who complain about the F Troop are just jealous they havnt got a F Troop at there clubs we would love 1 at the G but dont think me and Smokie counts .Dont forget the Charity match for Pancreatic Cancer next Sunday at Bodmin at 1pm what Neil Slateford has arranged chance to see legends and not so legends in action like Ollie Brocks , Matt Lloyd to name a few , im looking forward to the match and have been told Smokie can come in for that match .

Hope its a nice sunny day like today and theres a good crowd and some fantastic raffle prizes im after the PlYMOUTH ARGYLE SHIRT TO GO WITH MY COLLECTION the most prized autographed shirt i have is when Argyle played Santos i tried to get George Best and Bobby Moores autograph on my shirt but they wouldnt sign but did get Georges autograph when he played in the Jim Davidson Celebrity match at Home park he autographed a shirt then but it was autographed to Shirley my ex wife and as far as i know she still has it and i hope she makes money on it because she desrves it we was season ticket holders for 10 years at Argyle and went all over the country following the Pilgrims 

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Its just a pleasure going to a football match and hearing the F Troop singing Sweet Falmouth Town and the inflatable characters i just love them it brings a atmosphere wherever they go and that is what football needs and they are just great i will miss them next year .The Western League are in for a treat people who complain about the F Troop are just jealous they havnt got a F Troop at there clubs we would love 1 at the G but dont think me and Smokie counts .Dont forget the Charity match for Pancreatic Cancer next Sunday at Bodmin at 1pm what Neil Slateford has arranged chance to see legends and not so legends in action like Ollie Brocks , Matt Lloyd to name a few , im looking forward to the match and have been told Smokie can come in for that match .

Hope its a nice sunny day like today and theres a good crowd and some fantastic raffle prizes im after the PlYMOUTH ARGYLE SHIRT TO GO WITH MY COLLECTION the most prized autographed shirt i have is when Argyle played Santos i tried to get George Best and Bobby Moores autograph on my shirt but they wouldnt sign but did get Georges autograph when he played in the Jim Davidson Celebrity match at Home park he autographed a shirt then but it was autographed to Shirley my ex wife and as far as i know she still has it and i hope she makes money on it because she desrves it we was season ticket holders for 10 years at Argyle and went all over the country following the Pilgrims 

You and smokie will be welcome at Bickland Park any time Steve .

Good match yesterday and a very enjoyable occasion cheerfully administered by the Peninsula League.

Will be interesting to see what happens with cup competitions and events like these once the new league starts. A single cup for all the ninety clubs? Separate competitions for Cornwall/Devon and Gloucestershire/Somerset/Wiltshire? One cup for the step 5 clubs; another for step 6? Championship play-offs (official or not) like yesterday’s? Guess there’s more pressing decisions before any of that is decided.

8oblC61fKibncuceAJMqWhQncJxIz1jHHZd7tn8eiMwt2E0J5cMJK4xZVKPmK8snhEzRZ-xTb0F99nWuRovxOS1X-7NkDja96T3qOddlrQ2HbqOuReBHBruj-Yf1ThbZ1a-7J2yxmthY1_D8JA