Cornwall Football Forum

Rappo & Deacs Friday Fix podcast End of Season Awards

Dave Deacon

Really enjoyed the interview with the Perranporth Under 18 coach. Given the apparent growth of the youth game in Cornwall, how well he spoke and the lack of exposure and publicity for the matches being played being mentioned, could we have him join the cast of regulars for next season? Perhaps a monthly round up would work.

23 minutes ago, Toroloco13 said:

No women’s football awards? 

No unfortunately not. To be fair we don't cover Womens football sufficiently enough to give it justice. Apologies if you're concerned.

If there's scope for its own podcast, give me a shout but so far no one's been in touch that much.

Personally I’d love to hear more coverage of women’s football, especially now that we’ll have St Austell representing Cornwall in the Women’s National League next season, but obviously there needs to be someone informed and engaging enough to act as spokesperson / interviewee for it to work on the podcast.

The managers of St Austell and Helston both came across very well when interviewed by you (Dave) this season, and Saltash (Utd) and Liskeard are both very active on socials so might want to put someone up. 

Cornwall Sports Media are also covering the Women’s game now so a regular - monthly? - chat with someone there might work. 

52 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

No unfortunately not. To be fair we don't cover Womens football sufficiently enough to give it justice. Apologies if you're concerned.

If there's scope for its own podcast, give me a shout but so far no one's been in touch that much.

Completely understand, wasn’t having a go, just think it’s a shame that’s all what with the success the Cornish clubs are having .. will put my thinking cap on and see what we can come up with! 

33 minutes ago, GaryHocking said:

Personally I’d love to hear more coverage of women’s football, especially now that we’ll have St Austell representing Cornwall in the Women’s National League next season, but obviously there needs to be someone informed and engaging enough to act as spokesperson / interviewee for it to work on the podcast.

The managers of St Austell and Helston both came across very well when interviewed by you (Dave) this season, and Saltash (Utd) and Liskeard are both very active on socials so might want to put someone up. 

Cornwall Sports Media are also covering the Women’s game now so a regular - monthly? - chat with someone there might work. 

Love how you promote women’s football on here Gary. Don’t suppose you would want to volunteer? We (Liskeard) are in premier division next season so am more than willing to cover that. I am sure that Simon/Ben from St Austell would help with FAWNL and Katie at Saltash with the SWRWFL west division.

15 minutes ago, Toroloco13 said:

Love how you promote women’s football on here Gary. Don’t suppose you would want to volunteer? We (Liskeard) are in premier division next season so am more than willing to cover that. I am sure that Simon/Ben from St Austell would help with FAWNL and Katie at Saltash with the SWRWFL west division.

Yeah good shout with Gary being involved 👍