Callington Town Women 0-3 Mousehole AFC Women 

Penryn Ladies 2-3 Sticker Ladies

CORNWALL WOMEN’S FOOTBALL LEAGUE - DIVISION TWO

Bodmin Women 0-4 RNAS Culdrose Women

CORNWALL WOMEN’S LEAGUE CUP - SEMI-FINAL

Saltash Borough Ladies 2-5 FXSU Ladies

CORNWALL WOMEN’S SUPPLEMENTARY LEAGUE CUP - SEMI-FINAL

Saltash United Women (Development) 5-0 Bude Ladies

(Full Time is showing this as 0-5 rather than 5-0 but Saltash Utd have confirmed their win) 

Thank you Gary, 
On the B.B.C. text service it was reported that the womens game had attracted many new supporters to its ranks, which had caught the attention of the T.V. companies who now show ladies games on screen on a regular basis.

You can but wonder if the genuine desire that is currently apparant in the womens game, ( and used to be in the mens) and the lack of play acting is the reason for attracting an audience that appreciates the game without all the unnecessary histrionics .

A friend who still plays semi pro football having stepped down from the championship two seasons ago, says that the attitude seems to be " cheat if you can but don't get caught, but if you are blame the ref and tell him he's made a mistake."
That answers a lot of questions for me !

8 hours ago, We Two said:

Thank you Gary, 
On the B.B.C. text service it was reported that the womens game had attracted many new supporters to its ranks, which had caught the attention of the T.V. companies who now show ladies games on screen on a regular basis.

You can but wonder if the genuine desire that is currently apparant in the womens game, ( and used to be in the mens) and the lack of play acting is the reason for attracting an audience that appreciates the game without all the unnecessary histrionics .

A friend who still plays semi pro football having stepped down from the championship two seasons ago, says that the attitude seems to be " cheat if you can but don't get caught, but if you are blame the ref and tell him he's made a mistake."
That answers a lot of questions for me !

Newcastle United Women play at Step 4 of the Women’s National League, the same tier that St Austell have been promoted to for next season. They played Alnwick Town Ladies at St James Park last Sunday in front of a crowd of 22,134. 

5 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Liskeard wrapped up the title in style by the look of things!

Liskeard appeared to be cruising at 9-0 but when Helston pulled it back to 9-1 the away side started to look nervous 😉 

Saltash Borough 2 FXSU 5 added above.

Cornwall Women’s League Cup finals day line-ups now finalised: Enys Parc, Sunday 22nd May - Saltash United Development vs Dropship in the Supplementary Cup at 1pm, followed by FXSU vs Sticker in the League Cup at 3pm. 

2 hours ago, Keith B said:

That's a larger crowd than Chelsea Women had for their match against Manchester United yesterday. Why wasn't that mentioned on the National sports news last night ?

Thankfully I’m not answerable for national sports news but Newcastle’s attendance at St James Park last week did earn a headline on the BBC football website. Chelsea’s game yesterday was at Kingsmeadow rather than Stamford Bridge, and there seems to be a pattern that the Women’s teams attached to Premiership or EFL clubs get much higher attendances when they play at the club’s home ground rather than a secondary ground. 

5 hours ago, GaryHocking said:

seems to be a pattern that the Women’s teams attached to Premiership or EFL clubs get much higher attendances when they play at the club’s home ground rather than a secondary ground.

For that to happen is quite rare though isn't it?

14 hours ago, GaryHocking said:

Gut feel rather than actual statistics, but I’d say two or three times a season for most clubs. 

Because I am a nerd with nothing better to do with my time I’ve counted them 🤦‍♂️ 

Out of this season’s 132 WSL games 40 were played at the club’s home stadium and 92 were played at a secondary ground.

Of the 12 clubs only Chelsea, Man City and West Ham didn’t play any of their games at their home stadium.

Birmingham and Reading each played all 11 games at their club’s home stadium.

Leicester played 8 games at their home stadium, Arsenal, Aston Villa, Brighton and Tottenham all played 2 at their home stadium and Everton and Man Utd both played just 1. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gary Hocking changed the title to Attendance At Women’s Games

I see ticket sales for tomorrow’s WSL game between Arsenal and Tottenham have now passed 50,000.

Was also interesting to hear Simon Parnell on today’s Cornish Soccer podcast say that 180 watched St Austell’s recent home game vs Cardiff City. Could Sunday’s League Cup game against Plymouth Argyle at Poltair top 200? 

1 hour ago, GaryHocking said:

I see ticket sales for tomorrow’s WSL game between Arsenal and Tottenham have now passed 50,000.

Was also interesting to hear Simon Parnell on today’s Cornish Soccer podcast say that 180 watched St Austell’s recent home game vs Cardiff City. Could Sunday’s League Cup game against Plymouth Argyle at Poltair top 200? 

Would like to think so .. should be a great game!

• 2 weeks later...