Cornwall Football Forum

Saltash United Manager Vacancy

2 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

😂 they definitely don’t care about that. More likely the 5 grand fee they wanted wasn’t available 

😂😂 if it makes you feel better to believe that …….. run with it!! 😂

Funds generated from these fixtures are huge!! As said above Another PR disaster! 

2 hours ago, mockey jackson said:

Hearing Danny Lewis is taking the job along side Shane krac of all people. This coming from a current member of the squad. Not sure what ashes fans would think of this……

Furthermore Britchford offered to work with the above as a coach, but reportedly told the ashes chairlady and secretary where to go and questioned the point in their list of requirements in the job advert 

4 hours ago, mockey jackson said:

Hearing Danny Lewis is taking the job along side Shane krac of all people. This coming from a current member of the squad. Not sure what ashes fans would think of this……

Yes I heard the same at the weekend! 
Seems the CV requirements were nothing more than the usual bluster from SUFC! 
💰💰💰 

24 minutes ago, Footiefandango said:

Yes I heard the same at the weekend! 
Seems the CV requirements were nothing more than the usual bluster from SUFC! 
💰💰💰 

Danny Lewis, I can see that, but Shane Krac is not an obvious number two. During his time at Parkway he said that he had very little interest in football beyond playing it.

Shane krac decided to hang up his boots to spend more time at home and he runs his own business. I be really surprised if he taking on a manager job at saltAsh in the western league. 
If it’s true be interesting to see what players he brings in. He contacts in the game must be massive. 

Strange to see Dane went but Danny steps up to joint manager. Never very keen on when part of a management team stays on after one has been asked to move on. As for Krac not sure whether he’s retired from playing as per his retirement video but has been playing for Parkway and Callington only time will tell whether has commitment to manage or will he play as well (probably could for Saltash). Both experienced guys and should do well if given the budget (which suggest they must be having an increase), they have a good rapport and respect with local players, not sure the Saltash advert they fulfil the criteria set though as neither have managed.

5 hours ago, Philheybrookbay said:

OTE isn’t the best in Greece. Hence why interview was this morning before I fly out Monday. 

Why interview them after you've announced that you are announcing managers the same morning and days after everyone already knew? 

Bit back to front isn't it? 

Personally think they will do a good job assuming most players are staying

44 minutes ago, quiksilver said:

Funny how neither of them meet the criteria from the advert but two people that applied did meet the criteria and were not shortlisted for interview 🤷‍♂️…….best of luck either way 

Seems the whole situation has been shambolic from start to finish 

2 hours ago, quiksilver said:

Funny how neither of them meet the criteria from the advert but two people that applied did meet the criteria and were not shortlisted for interview 🤷‍♂️…….best of luck either way 

That’s because it was a stitch up from start to finish! Danny started the whole thing by trying to take players with him to Buckland! 
His lack of loyalty & the deceit (along with the committee) has been astonishing so it will be interesting to see how the season goes! 

5 hours ago, Footiefandango said:

That’s because it was a stitch up from start to finish! Danny started the whole thing by trying to take players with him to Buckland! 
His lack of loyalty & the deceit (along with the committee) has been astonishing so it will be interesting to see how the season goes! 

Nothing like wishing someone good luck is there….and that’s nothing like that 😂

8 hours ago, Philheybrookbay said:

Nothing like wishing someone good luck is there….and that’s nothing like that 😂

How can anyone question the integrity of Danny?……the club is to blame. Nothing wrong with sacking a manager for non football reasons. Just a lack of clarity of why he was sacked.

10 minutes ago, The Observer__ said:

All irrelevant right now.  Only time will tell if saltash have made the right choices or not. 

You're right. The chair and committee have made their decision based on what they believe to be right for the club, only time will tell. Decent set of signings and a strong start to the new season, will have everybody moving on to the next story.

4 hours ago, Bishie said:

How can anyone question the integrity of Danny?……the club is to blame. Nothing wrong with sacking a manager for non football reasons. Just a lack of clarity of why he was sacked.

Danny Lewis…Secondary school teacher , a real gentleman and a great footballer!  Only time will tell if he cracks the management side but I wish him, Saltash Utd and Shane well.

On the other hand Dane Bunney I am hearing , has been sacked in part for a great multitude of alter egos on this forum, a few of which are self evident on this thread.

49 minutes ago, Footy Detective said:

Danny Lewis…Secondary school teacher , a real gentleman and a great footballer!  Only time will tell if he cracks the management side but I wish him, Saltash Utd and Shane well.

On the other hand Dane Bunney I am hearing , has been sacked in part for a great multitude of alter egos on this forum, a few of which are self evident on this thread.

I hope I'm not him 😏