Cornwall Football Forum

Combination Relegation

I’ve just been told from a very reliable (and involved!) source that there is to be 2 teams relegated this season from the combination league. 3 up from the Trelawny Prem (st just & praze & west Cornwall) and only 1 going up to the St Piran league would mean the two going down (godolphin and RNAS Culdrose?) would maybe go one into the Trelawny prem and assume godolphin would opt to go into the duchy what does everyone else think? 

2 hours ago, Postman Pat said:

But have heard through the grapevine a possibility of 3 going up from St. Pirans and no relegation?

No and no. 

If one of the promotion candidates is taken by the FA into the SWPL, and one but no more should be, then there will be one relegated from St Piran and two promoted from the Combination.  If no-one is promoted then two will be relegated and two promoted from the Combination.

4 hours ago, Sijames said:

I’ve just been told from a very reliable (and involved!) source that there is to be 2 teams relegated this season from the combination league. 3 up from the Trelawny Prem (st just & praze & west Cornwall) and only 1 going up to the St Piran league would mean the two going down (godolphin and RNAS Culdrose?) would maybe go one into the Trelawny prem and assume godolphin would opt to go into the duchy what does everyone else think? 

Promotion/relegation agreement with the Trelawny League is 2 up/2 down. If there are also vacancies, these can be filled in two ways:-

1. By "saving" teams in a relegation position.

2. By holding a ballot between teams who have made an application to fill a vacancy.

Both of these would be considered and decided upon at the League AGM, by those entitled to vote.

9 hours ago, John Mead said:

Promotion/relegation agreement with the Trelawny League is 2 up/2 down. If there are also vacancies, these can be filled in two ways:-

1. By "saving" teams in a relegation position.

2. By holding a ballot between teams who have made an application to fill a vacancy.

Both of these would be considered and decided upon at the League AGM, by those entitled to vote.

How is it going to work this season? Will there be any vacancies that can be occupied by any applying team?

56 minutes ago, BrummyBarry said:

How is it going to work this season? Will there be any vacancies that can be occupied by any applying team?

It's not clear yet because the promotion and relegation situation in both the SWPL & St Piran Leagues have to be confirmed first. I would hope more is known in a couple of weeks.

11 hours ago, Steve Carpenter said:

No and no. 

If one of the promotion candidates is taken by the FA into the SWPL, and one but no more should be, then there will be one relegated from St Piran and two promoted from the Combination.  If no-one is promoted then two will be relegated and two promoted from the Combination.

Interesting. So likely Mullion will be promoted so if that is the case only one down. (Phew). However I have heard the SWPL West looking to increase to 20 teams for next season, so would need 3 up from St.Pirans leagues. Mullion and Truro applied (heard St.Day and St.Agnes withdrew applications…allegedly) not sure who in East applied to SWPL. I am sure all will come out in the next few weeks 👍

7 hours ago, Fish said:

Interesting. So likely Mullion will be promoted so if that is the case only one down. (Phew). However I have heard the SWPL West looking to increase to 20 teams for next season, so would need 3 up from St.Pirans leagues. Mullion and Truro applied (heard St.Day and St.Agnes withdrew applications…allegedly) not sure who in East applied to SWPL. I am sure all will come out in the next few weeks 👍

Crickey Brian, I don't know who you've been talking to!  It's now down to the FA Leagues Committee to decide who gets promoted.  Mullion are in pole position as runners up and with planning permissions in place.  I'm sure Phil H will have an input as well.  

Nothing I've heard or been told indicates the SWPL west will go up to 20 teams next season.

28 minutes ago, Steve Carpenter said:

Crickey Brian, I don't know who you've been talking to!  It's now down to the FA Leagues Committee to decide who gets promoted.  Mullion are in pole position as runners up and with planning permissions in place.  I'm sure Phil H will have an input as well.  

Nothing I've heard or been told indicates the SWPL west will go up to 20 teams next season.

Only a rumour I heard Chippy. What ever happens looking forward to a new season 👍