Cornwall Football Forum

Saltash United

The Saltash statement gives more questions than answers! It’s failure to address the true nature of Bunney’s departure speaks volumes! 
Mrs Chairwoman has clearly overstepped the mark, wielding her perceived power prior to any formal committee decision! 
What a way to run a football club!!! 

So much skullduggery & dishonesty surrounding this situation. 
About time the club accepted their role in what appears to be a rapid decline in their reputation! 

Saltash can dress it up however they like but the fact remains that Dane was sacked, pushed out by the Chair Lady who has only been in the job 5 minutes.

She acted independently from the rest of the committee and told Dane he was to be sacked.

No doubting the weak excuse for a committee would endorse her action.

This is the action of a small pathetic group who got spooked once Danny Lewis was approached by Buckland and they heard some players might join him.

An appalling lack of loyalty to their hardworking manager, don’t think you need to look far to know who the new boss will be. 

A bunch of snakes, Dane is better off away from such lowlife!

But he could have just said he resigned in the first place instead of telling everyone he been  sacked. Again none of us know the reason behind it  

we are again just taking Dane word again . 
maybe he just disagrees  on something or didn’t like something he was told  so they said in that case we have to sack you. 

again I wait to see how many of his loyal first team will walk if this is some massive injustice 

49 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

But he could have just said he resigned in the first place instead of telling everyone he been  sacked. Again none of us know the reason behind it  

we are again just taking Dane word again . 
maybe he just disagreed on the something or didn’t like something he was told  so they said in that case we have to sack you. 

again I wait to see how many of his loyal first team will walk if this is some massive injustice 

Call it what you will ! Sacked! Pushed! on! Be it Thursday or next Wednesday the end result is Sacked!!! No reason given here or personally to Bunney! 

I know that Dane has been inundated with many personal messages & phone calls from Managers/supporters & players (including the Saltash lads) from all over the County expressing disbelief & good wishes! 

Tell me nothing is going on, when other Managers ring to warn Bunney of rumours of systemic dishonesty going on to get him out! 

22 minutes ago, Yourhavingalaugh said:

Regardless of whether Dane Bunney did resign, asked to go, or was sacked, and without knowing any of the facts, I don’t think Saltash’s statement is going to encourage many top quality candidates, unless they’ve already got someone lined up for the job 🤔

Neil Warnock?????

13 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

The new manager won’t have a Team to work with  or any fans at the ground  tho as all the players are loyal to Dane and everyone absolutely disgusted with the shocking decision we keep hearing  🤔

You keep banging the same drum!! Nobody is saying all the players will walk out, you obviously have never been on the inside of a football dressing room! Footballers at all levels look after themselves and quickly move on to the next manager. The point is that Saltash have been sly and sneaky planning this for a while and should have been up front with Dane. Tell the man to his face and act like a proper football club. 

2 hours ago, World Cup Willy said:

You keep banging the same drum!! Nobody is saying all the players will walk out, you obviously have never been on the inside of a football dressing room! Footballers at all levels look after themselves and quickly move on to the next manager. The point is that Saltash have been sly and sneaky planning this for a while and should have been up front with Dane. Tell the man to his face and act like a proper football club. 

😂. Calm down you sound like his agent. Honestly I’m sure saltAsh will carry on and be successful and Dane will pick up job elsewhere 

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

😂. Calm down you sound like his agent. Honestly I’m sure saltAsh will carry on and be successful and Dane will pick up job elsewhere 

Saltash will be just fine & have a better squad and club environment in general next season. It’s obvious that account is Dane and his grapes are sour. 

2 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

I notice saltAsh united advertising for a first team manager on social media. With quite some list of requirements to be even considered for the job. No wonder Dane was dispatched. I think only pep and klopp would get anywhere in the interview going on the list 😂

Agree with you Sportsman😀 laughable!! After the so called senior players successful coup I reckon they are trying to act all grown up! 

13 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

I notice saltAsh united advertising for a first team manager on social media. With quite some list of requirements to be even considered for the job. No wonder Dane was dispatched. I think only pep and klopp would get anywhere in the interview going on the list 😂

According to my reliable source , their preferred candidate for the job (a current Peninsula League manager) turned it down. Guessing that this is why it is now being advertised.

• 4 weeks later...

6 hours ago, motherwontletmegoargyle said:

Clearly it was not. Why would I have asked the question. Sounds like you did OK though, without another 4 in attendance and the £50 we spent elsewhere. Thanks Observer, appreciate your reply.

Speaks volumes that the post made by the  secretary has now been deleted. What an earth has happened to that club. Everything they do is a  up 

cracks beginning to appear.  Long term phyiso has left the football club and I hear this weekend Reece Thomson to Mousehole.

8 hours ago, The Observer__ said:

Speaks volumes that the post made by the  secretary has now been deleted. What an earth has happened to that club. Everything they do is a  up 

cracks beginning to appear.  Long term phyiso has left the football club and I hear this weekend Reece Thomson to Mousehole.

Krac's definitely appearing. Shane is the new joint manager.

I heard a while back the awards night was the 28th. I double checked Saturday morning. A few other supporters were there so must have heard too. Agree about it going out on social media for people who didn't have the message.

Nice atmosphere with the three teams there. I think people are going to enjoy Shane's passion.