WEST

Callington Town               1-1     Sticker

Falmouth Town                6-0     Dobwalls

Penryn Athletic                1-0     Newquay

St Blazey                            1-2     Camelford

Wadebridge Town                      2-0     Penzance

Wendron United              7-0     Liskeard Athletic

7 hours ago, cornish leg end said:

Will Penzance turn up to this game nearly same direction as camelford and on a bank holiday weekend what excuse will they have this time 😜

Let's just wait and see, shall we! I'm not sure the "same direction as camelford" has anything to do with whether Penzance will turn up.

No-one is more upset than I am that the Club didn't fulfil the fixture at Camelford but - apart from a Reserve, Combo game during a flu pandemic - it's the only such event in my 60 years association with Penzance; so, not a regular occurance nor something which the Club anticipates will be repeated!

8 hours ago, cornish leg end said:

Will Penzance turn up to this game nearly same direction as camelford and on a bank holiday weekend what excuse will they have this time 😜

There's an incentive in that they can't afford to have any more points deducted otherwise they'll go below St Dennis!

On 29/04/2022 at 16:23, Dave Deacon said:

EAST

Bovey Tracey                   v            Holsworthy

Elmore                              v            Elburton Villa

Honiton Town                 v            Torridgeside

Ivybridge Town               v            Axminster Town

Okehampton Argyle       v            Brixham

Torpoint Athletic             v            Dartmouth

WEST   

Callington Town              v            Sticker

Falmouth Town               v            Dobwalls

Penryn Athletic      1          v            Newquay 0 (14:00)

St Blazey                           v            Camelford

Wadebridge Town          v            Penzance (13:30)

Wendron United             v            Liskeard Athletic

Went to Wadebridge to see them beat Penzance 2-0 with goals from Carhart and Flew pen .

I thought Penzance where not a bad side at all but need a striker from somewhere and centre half , they went 1-0 down with a towering header from Leighton Carhart ,and the 2nd a harsh pen which the ball struck Mark Vercesi high up but it was never deliberate handball but Kyle Flew beat Shaun Carter in the Penzance goal . On another day Matt Lloyd would of got a hat trick but not today he missed severel chances . Poor Smokie got hit by the ball while he was lying down and i was worried about him but Wadebridge Physio Shardz Wheatman worked her magic and he was fine . I had a mission to get a photo of Chris Reskis good side after he asked me sorry Chris dont think i got your good side .My mom For Wadebridge and made captain for his last game Sam Wickens always good and for Penzance best player on the pitch Mark VERCESI for Penzance class player . All the officials had good games especially Graham Rickard who i have known for years . 

Well thats the season done with just got 1 more game for me to watch Saturday week down Bodmin to watch Falmouth vs Torpoint 2 of the best forwards around in JBE and Ryan Richards ok before anyone says what about Curtis Damerell Well he must be good with the amount of goals hes scored but i haver never seen him play i only judge on what i know 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 30 April 2022
  PREMIER WEST 2021-22 P W D L GF GA GD PTS
1 Falmouth Town 32 30 1 1 124 30 94 91
2 Liskeard Athletic 31 20 7 4 94 47 47 67
3 Wendron United 32 21 4 7 92 54 38 67
4 Camelford 32 19 7 6 86 49 37 64
5 St Blazey 32 17 6 9 83 54 29 57
6 Dobwalls 31 18 1 12 58 50 8 55
7 Bodmin Town 32 15 4 13 69 61 8 49
8 Launceston 32 13 7 12 49 45 4 46
9 Callington Town 32 12 8 12 68 50 18 44
10 Wadebridge Town 32 13 5 14 62 65 -3 44
11 Newquay 32 13 3 16 61 67 -6 42
12 AFC St Austell 32 11 6 15 50 62 -12 39
13 Penryn Athletic 32 12 2 18 65 80 -15 38
14 Sticker 32 9 3 20 40 82 -42 30
15 Godolphin Atlantic (Newquay) 32 6 6 20 56 93 -37 24
16 Penzance * 32 4 0 28 35 102 -67 9
17 St Dennis 32 2 2 28 28 129 -101 8
   * Points adjusted              

PREMIER EAST 2021-22 P W D L GF GA GD PTS
1 Torpoint Athletic 38 33 1 4 150 32 118 100
2 Brixham AFC 38 29 5 4 119 30 89 92
3 Okehampton Argyle 37 29 2 6 82 30 52 89
4 Ivybridge Town 38 24 6 8 93 48 45 78
5 Newton Abbot Spurs 38 21 5 12 94 69 25 68
6 Axminster Town 38 17 13 8 93 44 49 64
7 Dartmouth AFC 38 18 9 11 73 63 10 63
8 Elmore 38 17 4 17 80 72 8 55
9 Cullompton Rangers 38 16 5 17 66 63 3 53
10 Holsworthy 38 13 12 13 55 61 -6 51
11 Plymouth Marjon 38 15 2 21 69 101 -32 47
12 Torrington 38 13 6 19 65 75 -10 45
13 Bovey Tracey 38 13 6 19 75 90 -15 45
14 Elburton Villa 38 11 7 20 62 74 -12 40
15 Honiton Town 37 11 6 20 53 86 -33 39
16 Crediton United 38 12 2 24 86 99 -13 38
17 Torridgeside 37 11 4 22 65 93 -28 37
18 Ottery St Mary * 38 15 0 23 66 151 -85 36
19 Sidmouth Town 37 8 6 23 59 107 -48 30
20 Stoke Gabriel & Torbay Police 38 1 1 36 41 158 -117 4
   * Points adjusted                

Went down to watch Wendron vs Liskeard today and the score finished 7-0 Wendron. Very lacklustre performance from Liskeard but credit where credit is due Wendron played very well and decreased the goal difference needed to come second, even if it does still remain very very unlikely. 

From what I understand Liskeard a shade of the team they’ve fielded all season, with the 2 starting wingers out through injury and suspension, captain Peel out and a couple others after a chat with a Liskeard regular. You could see why this Wendron side did a job on the blues today. Manager Mann playing 70 minutes from the start, and young Right Back Mullis’ father Neil who was a great player in his day having to come on highlighted the Blues woes in the squad department.

Perhaps the main talking point of the day was the refereeing performance from Shaun Edge, which was quite bizarre, sending off 2 players Thorp and Woods at the same time which I understand was for descent, is that not what sin bins are for? They were both sent off after a penalty was given, which everyone in the ground was puzzled at, even Wendron’s bench who were laughing. I’m still not quite sure what it was given for. It seems everytime the centre man is in charge of a game, something controversial happens. Should this be reviewed?

Wendron’s goals scored were 2 penalty’s, of which as mentioned were questionable (both) and some other good goals, leaving not much of a chance for the Liskeard back line. Well played Wendron, and a mention to Cameron Wheat on the wing for the goats, who gave the blues a nightmare all day.

All eyes on Monday in Liskeard vs Dobwalls in what I understand, Liskeard gaining many of their players back they’ve missed for what promises to be an entertaining local Derby.

2 minutes ago, Capital T said:

Went down to watch Wendron vs Liskeard today and the score finished 7-0 Wendron. Very lacklustre performance from Liskeard but credit where credit is due Wendron played very well and decreased the goal difference needed to come second, even if it does still remain very very unlikely. 

From what I understand Liskeard a shade of the team they’ve fielded all season, with the 2 starting wingers out through injury and suspension, captain Peel out and a couple others after a chat with a Liskeard regular. You could see why this Wendron side did a job on the blues today. Manager Mann playing 70 minutes from the start, and young Right Back Mullis’ father Neil who was a great player in his day having to come on highlighted the Blues woes in the squad department.

Perhaps the main talking point of the day was the refereeing performance from Shaun Edge, which was quite bizarre, sending off 2 players Thorp and Woods at the same time which I understand was for descent, is that not what sin bins are for? They were both sent off after a penalty was given, which everyone in the ground was puzzled at, even Wendron’s bench who were laughing. I’m still not quite sure what it was given for. It seems everytime the centre man is in charge of a game, something controversial happens. Should this be reviewed?

Wendron’s goals scored were 2 penalty’s, of which as mentioned were questionable (both) and some other good goals, leaving not much of a chance for the Liskeard back line. Well played Wendron, and a mention to Cameron Wheat on the wing for the goats, who gave the blues a nightmare all day.

All eyes on Monday in Liskeard vs Dobwalls in what I understand, Liskeard gaining many of their players back they’ve missed for what promises to be an entertaining local Derby.

Dissent is a sin bin. A red card is for Offensive, insulting and abusive language. 

1 minute ago, eagleeyes said:

Dissent is a sin bin. A red card is for Offensive, insulting and abusive language. 

I heard, that a comment for one to get sent off was ‘is the Vaseline getting into your eyes’, and I believe the other was questioning that decision. I’m not sure if that constitutes of a red card, especially after being told that that Edge was giving as good as he was getting all game, making personal comments to a few players - of both teams!

8 minutes ago, Capital T said:

I heard, that a comment for one to get sent off was ‘is the Vaseline getting into your eyes’, and I believe the other was questioning that decision. I’m not sure if that constitutes of a red card, especially after being told that that Edge was giving as good as he was getting all game, making personal comments to a few players - of both teams!

The bloke is a right chopper, shouldn't be allowed near a football pitch...

Was at Blaise Park today. Camelford got the 2-1 win to further cement 4th place. Unsavoury scenes for the second goal resulting in young Ryan Downing completely disrespecting Phil Lafferty and later getting sent off. Fiery affair to end the season and sets up next season nicely. Two sides in my opinion will be challenging with Liskeard my favourites. I thought Pillaton referee was spotless today. 

1 hour ago, David Harper said:

Was at Blaise Park today. Camelford got the 2-1 win to further cement 4th place. Unsavoury scenes for the second goal resulting in young Ryan Downing completely disrespecting Phil Lafferty and later getting sent off. Fiery affair to end the season and sets up next season nicely. Two sides in my opinion will be challenging with Liskeard my favourites. I thought Pillaton referee was spotless today. 

Laffs has disrespected enough in his time, so a bit back won't hurt him.

I was at wendron today and speaking to the referee after in the club house. The referee said the two red cards were for calling him " a f@@@@ joke" and a w@@@er very loudly. So stupidy on the players behalf after recieve serval warnings. 

I belevie he helped liskaerd out on many occasions even stopping the game several times to tell them about their constant moaning and not even taking and action onthe liskaerd gk  for the penalty which could of be a red card. 

As for the penalities i thinking the first one was because the keeper took the wendron player out and the 2nd was for pulling and tugging the wendrons strikers shirt from a corner after loads of shouts from the ref to stop the pulling. 

Overall i think it was a good game and wendron could of had double figures and liskaerd had a few good chances which they should of put away. Even lee mann should of scored and played well!!! 

22 minutes ago, soccer fan said:

I was at wendron today and speaking to the referee after in the club house. The referee said the two red cards were for calling him " a f@@@@ joke" and a w@@@er very loudly. So stupidy on the players behalf after recieve serval warnings. 

I belevie he helped liskaerd out on many occasions even stopping the game several times to tell them about their constant moaning and not even taking and action onthe liskaerd gk  for the penalty which could of be a red card. 

As for the penalities i thinking the first one was because the keeper took the wendron player out and the 2nd was for pulling and tugging the wendrons strikers shirt from a corner after loads of shouts from the ref to stop the pulling. 

Overall i think it was a good game and wendron could of had double figures and liskaerd had a few good chances which they should of put away. Even lee mann should of scored and played well!!! 

He must’ve been the only one that heard it then as for the people I spoke to were saying quite different!

Not sure on your analysis for the first penalty, the Wendron striker was sent through 1 on 1 and got his shot away which was dragged wide, before taking a few steps and coming together with the GK on the floor. The shot wasn’t impeded and no disadvantage was given towards Wendron, if he’d have scored the shot nothing would have occurred! Even if it was a card worthy challenge - yellow should have been issued due to the double jeopardy rule, as the GK was going for the ball and making himself a blocker after closing the ball down, it’s not like it was a cynical foul impeding a certain goal, which would’ve been very different. No penalty for me.

If that is the case for Pen 2 then fair enough, however the Wendron assistant I spoke to after the game did not know what it was given for even then, also stating the players didn’t either, so beats me!

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

If Stoke Gabriel get relegated it will obviously be one of the Devon based ones 

Usually it would be the Devon League for Stoke Gabriel and, if that runs on the same lines next season, it's the South and West section (basically Plymouth, Torbay and South Devon). 

Guessing it may be the club's call depending on whether they feel that can assemble a team for that level. 

Next rung down is the South Devon which currently has five divisions with Stoke's development team being near the bottom of the middle one. 

Grppping encounter at Okehampton this afternoon where Brixham, needing a win to cliinch second place, had most of the play while Okehampton often looked dangerous. Okehampton, with another game to play, knew a draw would probably do for now.  Towards the end they started to sit back more and more; Brixham got the winner in stoppage time.

I'm looking at the league tables and I'm sure a thirty-eight goal win at Honiton would still do the job for Okey. But Brixham have the trophy in their possession aleady. 

Good luck to both teams; I've enjoyed watching each this season. 

I do like visitng Simmons Park but clearly a lot of work needs to be done to upgrade the facilities to step 6 let alone step 5. Floodlights, seating and fencing to the spectator eye; not sure about the indoor side of things.    When it comes to fencing, there's an awkward convergence with a neighbouring rugby pitch to be sorted.  

22 hours ago, mattelot said:

Same one as Truro if they're lucky ! 😁

I thought I'd fix that for you. Oh by the way, if you're going to take the , do your research, and get it right. 

22 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

If they get relegated it will obviously be one of the Devon based ones 

I knew that. It's just the West Briton doesn't doesn't cover those leagues, so I thought I'd ask.

21 hours ago, Easterfield said:

Usually it would be the Devon League for Stoke Gabriel and, if that runs on the same lines next season, it's the South and West section (basically Plymouth, Torbay and South Devon). 

Guessing it may be the club's call depending on whether they feel that can assemble a team for that level. 

Next rung down is the South Devon which curently has five divisions with Stoke's development team being near the bottom of the middle one. 

Thank you 👍

42 minutes ago, Devils@Dusk said:

Thank you 👍

No problem! A little bit of guesswork/speculation on my behalf but Ottery St Mary don't look too well-equipped either for the Devon League (N&E). What's more their reserves are bottom of the Devon & Exeter's top division, the rung below that.

Again, presumably, their call. When Ottery pulled out of the Peninsula in 2012, the reserves became the firsts halfway down the Devon & Exeter structure.

You'd hope neither club doesn't sink too far  We've already seen Heavitree, St Martins and Witheridge end up at the levels occupied by their rather lowly reserve teams.   

Grounds pictures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/easterfieldlane/

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

Will wendren look to challenge for the title with liskeard next season ? 
Will be crucial what players are signed on by certain clubs.  I recon there going be a lot of good players dropping down looking for clubs to play locally and cut out the travel. 

Stepping down I feel any decent players would be looking to step up and play at a standard that’s a lot better peninsular league, which let’s face it is poor . 

21 hours ago, Devils@Dusk said:

I thought I'd fix that for you. Oh by the way, if you're going to take the , do your research, and get it right. 

I knew that. It's just the West Briton doesn't doesn't cover those leagues, so I thought I'd ask.

Thank you 👍

Thanks for the spelling correction ,unfortunately that's what happens when your team has just been presented with the league championship in front of a crowd of 421 and you've had too many sherbets .Can you remember that far back ?

16 hours ago, Capital T said:

Liskeard have only failed to score in 2 games this season I believe, both when forwards Rowe and Aplin have been unavailable. That in itself speaks volumes for the two players influence on the team and their season.

I fear if they cannot keep hold of their two assets, combined with Lorenz then it is likely they will be nowhere near it next season !

15 hours ago, David Harper said:

I don't think he disrespected Phil, just got a bit passionate in a feisty match, Phil showed lots of passion throughout the match because he wants his team to win, nothing wrong with that, says some silly things sometimes all in the heat of the battle. If you came in the club after you would have not seen any animosity whatsoever nothing but respect from both sides. All of the Camel's players and officials stayed for almost 3 hours and had a great time. Good luck to St Blazey in the final next week, I hope they give Torpoint a good whooping. 

Edited by hoppit
Incorrect spelling

52 minutes ago, FootballFollower9 said:

Liskeard have only failed to score in 2 games this season I believe, both when forwards Rowe and Aplin have been unavailable. That in itself speaks volumes for the two players influence on the team and their season.

I fear if they cannot keep hold of their two assets, combined with Lorenz then it is likely they will be nowhere near it next season !

Lucky they are staying then isn’t it and some news coming soon incoming 🖊 

On 01/05/2022 at 10:15, FootballFollower9 said:

Liskeard have failed to score in three games this season - the first game against Sticker. Neither Rowe or Aplin played (Rowe on holiday and Aplin suspended). The game against Falmouth - Aplin was suspended for this too but Rowe did play. The game against Wendron, neither played.

Aplin has missed 6 games this season and Rowe 10 (inclusive of all competitions) 

Having said that, they are absolutely fantastic assets to the side!

4 hours ago, Toroloco13 said:

Liskeard have failed to score in three games this season - the first game against Sticker. Neither Rowe or Aplin played (Rowe on holiday and Aplin suspended). The game against Falmouth - Aplin was suspended for this too but Rowe did play. The game against Wendron, neither played.

Aplin has missed 6 games this season and Rowe 10 (inclusive of all competitions) 

Having said that, they are absolutely fantastic assets to the side!

Aplin played his last game yesterday, he's packing in football.

6 hours ago, silly billy said:

You never know.

I can confirm it was Nicks Last Game the lad has a young family and also likes playing golf, he has been playing with a knee injury all season and it was always going to be his last season. He has been a pleasure to work with. He will stay signed on as cover and will help out when needed though. Never say never.

i can confirm all of the rest of the players will be staying this year after having conversation with them individually. Couple incoming very soon.

20 hours ago, LeeMann said:

I can confirm it was Nicks Last Game the lad has a young family and also likes playing golf, he has been playing with a knee injury all season and it was always going to be his last season. He has been a pleasure to work with. He will stay signed on as cover and will help out when needed though. Never say never.

i can confirm all of the rest of the players will be staying this year after having conversation with them individually. Couple incoming very soon.

He has a young family........ And also likes playing golf 😂😂

So.. He's playing golf 

On 03/05/2022 at 22:36, LeeMann said:

Not wishing to do your job Lee, but, if you're looking a for a proven step 6 goal scorer who could replace Aplin and take the pressure off others... how about Adam Carter?

7 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Not wishing to do your job Lee, but, if you're looking a for a proven step 6 goal scorer who could replace Aplin and take the pressure off others... how about Adam Carter?

Finding a new goal scorer is never easy, Adam Carter would be a good shout as he's proven at that level. Liskeard have been bringing through some young players as of recently so could also consider bringing in someone from the step below. There's a few decent players in the St Pirans, but will be a bit more of a gamble. 

1 hour ago, Goals Galore said:

Finding a new goal scorer is never easy, Adam Carter would be a good shout as he's proven at that level. Liskeard have been bringing through some young players as of recently so could also consider bringing in someone from the step below. There's a few decent players in the St Pirans, but will be a bit more of a gamble. 

Could be used in the same way Parkway have with him, starts the game and goes off after the hour mark or comes on as an impact substitute. Young strikers stepping up could learn a lot from someone like Adam Carter. Would still be good for 30 goals a season in the Peninsula League as well (doubt he would come cheap though).

On 05/05/2022 at 10:42, Way Of The Park said:

Could be used in the same way Parkway have with him, starts the game and goes off after the hour mark or comes on as an impact substitute. Young strikers stepping up could learn a lot from someone like Adam Carter. Would still be good for 30 goals a season in the Peninsula League as well (doubt he would come cheap though).

Adam Carter hasn’t left parkway has he and he has been one of the best strikers around for years but out of our  price range, we have a someone lined up bud also young Finn Bartlett has a chance young fit strong and shows no fear so looking to set him a target of 15 atleast this year.