Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Wednesday 27 April 2022

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Wednesday 27 April 2022
10 hours ago, Thomas mcabe said:

Bodmin 1 sticker 1 

Sticker really having a good end to the season ! If they can add a few experienced heads around there impressive youngsters they could be one to watch next season 

Another great result for Sticker, 7 points from the last 9 and well clear of the bottom group.  Bodmin's revival seems to have stalled (no wins in 3 since the victory over Blazey. Know that it is now essentially a case of playing the season out, but would have thought that they would want to build momentum for the next campaign. With the Southern and Western Leagues now having finished, thought that a few players from these clubs might have turned out last night.

On 27/04/2022 at 23:56, Dave Deacon said:

Ottery's last game in the SWPL as the league confirms they had given notice to withdraw before the March 31st deadline.

Have to say well done to all at the club ensuring that they completed it!

That's not a great surprise. I'd heard something from a "well-placed source" a few months ago. 

Ottery had a decent side in the first half of the season regularly beating the weaker teams and more than holding their own against the middle-ranking. From what I can gather the team had pretty much arrived en masse in the summer of 2020. They looked very good. when i saw them in the Devon League a few months later. Then, of course, around the Christmas last gone, pretty much all departed to Sidmouth.

Eyes now turn to the could-be-relegated Stoke Gabriel where the merger/takeover with Torbay Police FC has seen only marginally better Peninsula results, withdrawal of the reserves from the Devon League and a development team not too doing too well in the South Devon. All such a shame giving the marvellous work that has been done at the ground and how it all sounded such a bold initiative last summer.

That's the adult side. I believe the club runs a large number of age group teams.  

When the dust settles on each level of the pyramid - Devon/St Piran to Peninsuala; Peninsula to Western; Western to Southern - I wonder just how much we'll see more and more "yo-yo" teams rather than too many new "risers" to the ranks.   

5 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Another great result for Sticker, 7 points from the last 9 and well clear of the bottom group.  Bodmin's revival seems to have stalled (no wins in 3 since the victory over Blazey. Know that it is now essentially a case of playing the season out, but would have thought that they would want to build momentum for the next campaign. With the Southern and Western Leagues now having finished, thought that a few players from these clubs might have turned out last night.

If they did people would only criticise them for doing it. Didn’t see any remarks after Falmouth had higher league player other night

51 minutes ago, paul pearce said:

If they did people would only criticise them for doing it. Didn’t see any remarks after Falmouth had higher league player other night

Others have already commented on Liam Prynn appearing for Falmouth on Tuesday. The title has been won, was there nobody in the St Piran's side who could have benefitted from being around the successful first team for the evening?

Personally, I don't think this practise is correct, but there is nothing against this in any rulebook. Prynn's regular club, Tavistock, have done the same in various games this season (Jordan Annear and Ed Harrison were pulled in for matches in the final run in). Didn't feel right when Bodmin (featuring a selection of Western and Southern League players) thrashed Wendron 6-0 in a WCP midweek game previously this season, but while this was dubious, it was quite legal.

2 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Others have already commented on Liam Prynn appearing for Falmouth on Tuesday. The title has been won, was there nobody in the St Piran's side who could have benefitted from being around the successful first team for the evening?

Personally, I don't think this practise is correct, but there is nothing against this in any rulebook. Prynn's regular club, Tavistock, have done the same in various games this season (Jordan Annear and Ed Harrison were pulled in for matches in the final run in). Didn't feel right when Bodmin (featuring a selection of Western and Southern League players) thrashed Wendron 6-0 in a WCP midweek game previously this season, but while this was dubious, it was quite legal.

I agree it’s not right, but Bodmin haven’t got a 2nd team so rely on the management bringing in players from other clubs. So it’s understandable.

I notice Falmouth’s Town reserve side had an away game at Mousehole on the same night.

It’s great what Wendron are doing, most of their 1st team squad seem to have come through their youth football teams, and they are now reaping the rewards👏