Helston Athletic               A-A        Buckland Athletic

Ilfracombe Town             2-1         Bitton

Keynsham Town              2-1         Mousehole

Saltash United                 3-0         Brislington

Shepton Mallet                0-0         Exmouth Town

Street                               3-0         Millbrook

Tavistock                          1-0    Ashton & Backwell Utd

38 minutes ago, GaryHocking said:

Helston vs Buckland abandoned after a serious injury to Stu Bowker. Fingers crossed that it turns out not to be as serious as it has first appeared, and best wishes to Stu for a quick recovery. 

Sounded really horrible. Hope he ok. Don’t want that playing on a Saturday 

Well deserved championship and promotion for Tavi. They were very unlucky not to get promoted in the great re organisation of 2021, them being second only to Parkway as the most consistent Western League side over the last two (cancelled) seasons. It has been forgotten that they were actually top of the league in March 2020 when the whole thing was brought to a halt.

25 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Well deserved championship and promotion for Tavi. They were very unlucky not to get promoted in the great re organisation of 2021, them being second only to Parkway as the most consistent Western League side over the last two (cancelled) seasons. It has been forgotten that they were actually top of the league in March 2020 when the whole thing was brought to a halt.

Ian-Is there a Western League play off system ? as I see Exmouth/Mousehole/Saltash in the top 4.

I am trying to envisage what Cornish/Devon clubs will feature in the Western L next season ie Falmouth going up Barnstaple coming down and probably Torpoint to join.

Firstly my best wishes to Stu Bowker. Never good to hear of such an injury and hope he makes a good recovery. 

Wasn’t in doubt at Waterway today. Even if the Torbuk goal clearly had some hex on it first half as I lost count the number of clear chances we had against an average Brislington side. But it wouldn’t go in.

Second half saw a Sam Farrant free kick special and a double for substitute Scott Crocker so a comfortable win.

Lovely presentation to Colin Wheeler our last Sec before myself who is leaving Cornwall to go back to Sussex to leave with his wife Val. He’ll be missed by us all. 

4th place- yup happy with that. Lessons learned for next season and hopefully we can kick on. 

4 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

Ian-Is there a Western League play off system ? as I see Exmouth/Mousehole/Saltash in the top 4.

I am trying to envisage what Cornish/Devon clubs will feature in the Western L next season ie Falmouth going up Barnstaple coming down and probably Torpoint to join.

To be honest Mike, don't know about what the play off scenario will be. Certain though that Barnstaple are relegated into step 5, and that Torpoint look odds on to be promoted into this level as champions. No doubt the various connotations and permeations are being crunched within laptops all over the country as we speak. (As with transfer deadline day, suspect some fans enjoy this more than watching actual games.)

Great to see Famouth back in the Western League though, they've been away too long.

49 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

To be honest Mike, don't know about what the play off scenario will be. Certain though that Barnstaple are relegated into step 5, and that Torpoint look odds on to be promoted into this level as champions. No doubt the various connotations and permeations are being crunched within laptops all over the country as we speak. (As with transfer deadline day, suspect some fans enjoy this more than watching actual games.)

Great to see Famouth back in the Western League though, they've been away too long.

@Mike Odgers

At Western League the play off (if needed) is between second in Western and 3rd bottom on Southern

14 hours ago, GaryHocking said:

Helston vs Buckland abandoned after a serious injury to Stu Bowker. Fingers crossed that it turns out not to be as serious as it has first appeared, and best wishes to Stu for a quick recovery. 

From Stu Bowker on Twitter yesterday evening “quick update - out of Truro hospital CT - scans came back all good - inflammation to the ligaments around my spine - feeling very groggy but given the all clear to go home”. He also thanked everyone for their good wishes and supportive messages. 

1 hour ago, GaryHocking said:

From Stu Bowker on Twitter yesterday evening “quick update - out of Truro hospital CT - scans came back all good - inflammation to the ligaments around my spine - feeling very groggy but given the all clear to go home”. He also thanked everyone for their good wishes and supportive messages. 

Good to hear ! Club rivalry and banter aside , it's never great to hear about a suspected serious injury .At the end of the day ,the game we all love is just that. A game .Wishing you a speedy recovery stu.👍

1 hour ago, mattelot said:

Good to hear ! Club rivalry and banter aside , it's never great to hear about a suspected serious injury .At the end of the day ,the game we all love is just that. A game .Wishing you a speedy recovery stu.👍

Treliske  Hospital were very busy with football related injuries yesterday .Our very own Falmouth Town centre Half Tom Annear received  14 stitches to a head wound following contact with a Newquay boot yesterday.

A speedy recovery to you as well Tom 👍

3 hours ago, mattelot said:

Treliske  Hospital were very busy with football related injuries yesterday .Our very own Falmouth Town centre Half Tom Annear received  14 stitches to a head wound following contact with a Newquay boot yesterday.

A speedy recovery to you as well Tom 👍

I saw Tom in A+E after I was released wished all my best and congratulated him on winning promotion. Thank you and thank you to everyone who’s wished me well over the last 24 hours feeling very sore and groggy but I’m sure over the next few days I’ll start to feel much better hopefully the concussion side effects stay away and I get back on the pitch as soon as possible 💙💙💙

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 23 April 2022

According to the Western League table on Non League Matters Saturday’s abandoned Helston vs Buckland game has been awarded as a 1-0 win for Buckland. NLM is rarely wrong but the league tables on both the Full Time and the Western League websites still show both teams on 35 games, and awarding the game to Buckland doesn’t feel right.

Anyone know what the actual outcome is likely to be? 

• 1 month later...