Cornwall Football Forum

Just seen the post match interview with Paul Wotton after the 0-4 Weston Super Mare game. 

I accept that he is very frustrated and disappointed after the last two performances, but don't see how his barely disguised contempt for the players (most of whom he brought into the club) is a good thing. Sounds like a manager that has totally ran out of ideas .

How as well can they have expected supporters to travel in any numbers from Truro when Wotton was so scathing of them post Harley Wintney on Saturday. "If they can't be bothered, then why should I?", would have gone through my mind before the 3 hour round trip to a "home" match.  After the manager's comments (that presumably will be echoed by Stewart Yetton, his assistant), can only imagine what the atmosphere is going to be like on the team coach to Beaconsfield this Saturday.

Widely rumoured that 3-4 of this group will be heading Parkway in the summer, if how Wotton has talked about these players and their attitude is genuine, not sure how they'll fit in to the team.

He never really gets much criticism at all. Compared to say Darren Gilbert who seems to get a lot. But Darren always seems very popular among his players as they always come and turn out for him. 
I have heard wotton man management skills are not the best at all 

But who would take over ?  Yetton ? Not sure he any different or experienced

. Lee Hobbs would have  been an ideal candidate years ago . Not a chance now when you look at parkway and Truro. 
What do the Truro fans actually think ? 

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

He never really gets much criticism at all. Compared to say Darren Gilbert who seems to get a lot. But Darren always seems very popular among his players as they always come and turn out for him. 
I have heard wotton man management skills are not the best at all 

But who would take over ?  Yetton ? Not sure he any different or experienced

. Lee Hobbs would have  been an ideal candidate years ago . Not a chance now when you look at parkway and Truro. 
What do the Truro fans actually think ? 

Jake Ash is one name that comes to mind. But given what he has built at Mousehole, and how the club is progressing compared to Truro, why would he?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Jake Ash at City. But I think he would be a fool to throw away what he's got at Mousehole. 

As for Wotton. I doubt that it's not the first time he's said something "out of the way" about his players.

I know a radio reporter was praising up the goalkeeper (can't remember who it was, I do know it was before Covid), and Wotton simply replied, "He's just doing what he's paid to do". Either he's difficult to please, or he's as subtle as a brick wall.

Although it made me wonder if Wotton and Yetton are like a "good guy, bad guy" type of management. 

Not sure who I'd want to see at City. As long as I know who is in charge at Truro, Palace, and Spurs, then I take it as a positive.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ozman said:

You are right, its a little too early, but recruiting of new players is ongoing.

Paul Wotton is quite clearly well connected in the professional game (several players have been brought in on loan from Forest and Bournemouth over the last few seasons). Obviously these clubs trust him with their youngsters, and players want to work with him.