Cornwall Football Forum

Holywell & Cubert

More a rule following than a withdrawl. The club was in chaos at the start of the year as the previous manager had no interest and two games were given as walkovers as no squad was organised.. I stepped in and steadied the ship and we have put a squad out every week, unfortunately Meva away clashed with the doubles golf championship a load of the lads were in, injuries, teachers away on holiday and suspensions coupled with the registration window closing meant we only had 7. We would have 20+ available for the final home game vs Lanivet, but the 3 strike rule was invoked, as it was with Tintagel a few weeks earlier. It wouldn’t have been fair for us to play Lanivet with an overpowered squad (by our standards) as we shouldn't be in the league by rule and as they still have a hand on second place.

Just got to hope we get get voted back in at the AGM.

1 hour ago, Premier Sixes said:
More a rule following than a withdrawl. The club was in chaos at the start of the year as the previous manager had no interest and two games were given as walkovers as no squad was organised.. I stepped in and steadied the ship and we have put a squad out every week, unfortunately Meva away clashed with the doubles golf championship a load of the lads were in, injuries, teachers away on holiday and suspensions coupled with the registration window closing meant we only had 7. We would have 20+ available for the final home game vs Lanivet, but the 3 strike rule was invoked, as it was with Tintagel a few weeks earlier. It wouldn’t have been fair for us to play Lanivet with an overpowered squad (by our standards) as we shouldn't be in the league by rule and as they still have a hand on second place.

I asked about this with someone I know and there is no such thing as a three strike rule apparently. The league can invoke point penalties against you like 0, 3, 6, 9, 12, 12, 12 and so on but they can't remove you from the league without calling a meeting of all the clubs who then decide your fate. You'd have just had point deductions and financial penalties surely?

On 18/04/2022 at 23:48, BrummyBarry said:

I asked about this with someone I know and there is no such thing as a three strike rule apparently. The league can invoke point penalties against you like 0, 3, 6, 9, 12, 12, 12 and so on but they can't remove you from the league without calling a meeting of all the clubs who then decide your fate. You'd have just had point deductions and financial penalties surely?

Premier sixes is part of the duchy he knows the rules very well or he’s wouldn’t have just wrote what he did! 😅

On 18/04/2022 at 21:19, Premier Sixes said:

Personally, I would have taken the seven players(seven players is allowed) that were available and the result on the chin, if it meant continuing in the league...

14 hours ago, Cloughie said:

Personally, I would have taken the seven players(seven players is allowed) that were available and the result on the chin, if it meant continuing in the league...

Or started the game n someone picking up an injury n having to go off would of done it

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/04/2022 at 21:19, Premier Sixes said:

This has just happened to Polperro in the Duchy East and instead of treating the clubs in the league fairly and using the same rules as with Holywell and Tintagel - the league have gone back on their own rules and decided to not expunge them from the league. If the same rules were used as within the 2021/2022 season, Bude FC would now be champions.