Cornwall Football Forum

Could you scatter someone's ashes at a local club?

Sorry, I can't believe I am actually posting/asking about this (I'm asking for my father).

Anyway, just as the title of the thread asks, could you scatter someone's ashes at a local club? Not all of their ashes - Maybe a handful.

Would you need permission, or is it something that can't be done due to health and safety, or something?

7 hours ago, Devils@Dusk said:

Sorry, I can't believe I am actually posting/asking about this (I'm asking for my father).

Anyway, just as the title of the thread asks, could you scatter someone's ashes at a local club? Not all of their ashes - Maybe a handful.

Would you need permission, or is it something that can't be done due to health and safety, or something?

I've done it for an old stalwart of the club, I spread his ashes down in one corner as per his wishes.

Stuart Lawry an old goalkeeper of ours and a well known referee many years ago.

Sod health and safety with what they put in your food today a bit of dust/dirt never hurt nobody...and my mother was right about that.

Just keep your dads wishes buddy.

I read about Everton's policy about it. They don't allow it on certain areas of the pitch as the ashes do something to the grass. They do do it but only a tiny amount is spread.

I should think locally it should be ok if well scattered. 

My daughter knows that I want a few of mine spread out in the goal mouths of every combo pitch who have been in the league since 1975.

4 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

I read about Everton's policy about it. They don't allow it on certain areas of the pitch as the ashes do something to the grass. They do do it but only a tiny amount is spread.

My daughter knows that I want a few of mine spread out in the goal mouths of every combo pitch who have been in the league since 1975.

Load of tripe, a few ashes would not harm grass in any way shape or form,  bone meal fertiliser has been used for years.

On 18/04/2022 at 12:27, cornishteddyboy said:

CTB, do you really want your ashes mingled with mine on Lafrowda for eternity ?

Didn't know you cared !