Cornwall Football Forum

BELATED VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS OF LES PHILLIPS CUP: HELSTON ATHLETIC V EXMOUTH TOWN

Piran

bit late to the party on this one, but a cracking set of highlights yet again from Piran films. Very surprised to see Bye stay on the pitch after the first one is deemed a red, slow mo shows the first tackle is hard, late but very low (on the leg) towards the ankle, foot at worst. Never a nice one to be on the receiving end of but a yellow easy. Matty Bye's challenge is so high its ridiculous, the replay makes it even worse... a tough evening for the ref no doubt but two poor decisions imo

1 hour ago, SCFC said:

bit late to the party on this one, but a cracking set of highlights yet again from Piran films. Very surprised to see Bye stay on the pitch after the first one is deemed a red, slow mo shows the first tackle is hard, late but very low (on the leg) towards the ankle, foot at worst. Never a nice one to be on the receiving end of but a yellow easy. Matty Bye's challenge is so high its ridiculous, the replay makes it even worse... a tough evening for the ref no doubt but two poor decisions imo

Are you watching the same highlights? 

2 hours ago, Footy follower said:

Are you watching the same highlights? 

I assume not, was expecting a really bad first tackle judging by the comments and its not half as bad as made out. In reality, in the modern game as it is now, both are probably reds, a shame, as i'd rather just see a couple of yellows. Second one much worse due to height

13 minutes ago, SCFC said:

I assume not, was expecting a really bad first tackle judging by the comments and its not half as bad as made out. In reality, in the modern game as it is now, both are probably reds, a shame, as i'd rather just see a couple of yellows. Second one much worse due to height

Back "in the day" neither would be even yellows