Cornwall Football Forum

In another tough season for Bideford, in which it looks like Sean Joyce has again managed to keep them in the Southern league, Matt Buchan has turned into one of their shining lights   and has scored a few vital goals in recent weeks. Given how the move to North Devon seems to have enhanced his reputation, does anyone else think that the Cornish step 5 clubs may have a look at him in the summer?  Would seem to me that a return to Falmouth Town would be an obvious fit when Andy Westgarth looks to strengthen for the step up, and that he would be well liked at Bickland Park.

Not sure Matty would want a step down to be honest WOTP? As you said he’s had a good season in a struggling team to be fair, always a good sign in a striker for me. Imagine what he could do with a club at the other end of the table? I would say Matty would like to make a step up, not down, given the season he’s had? You never know in football though and with him being a proud Cornish lad he might fancy a move closer to home but if I was Matty I would be looking to go in the other direction at 23 years old 👍️ Watched him play since he was about 10 years old in my lads age group and he’s improved his game every season, could play step 3 no problem in my opinion. Think a Truro City or a Plymouth Parkway more than a Mousehole or Helston beckons for Matty 👏🏼

On 12/04/2022 at 16:33, RAPPO said:

Not sure Matty would want a step down to be honest WOTP? As you said he’s had a good season in a struggling team to be fair, always a good sign in a striker for me. Imagine what he could do with a club at the other end of the table? I would say Matty would like to make a step up, not down, given the season he’s had? You never know in football though and with him being a proud Cornish lad he might fancy a move closer to home but if I was Matty I would be looking to go in the other direction at 23 years old 👍️ Watched him play since he was about 10 years old in my lads age group and he’s improved his game every season, could play step 3 no problem in my opinion. Think a Truro City or a Plymouth Parkway more than a Mousehole or Helston beckons for Matty 👏🏼

Good points Rappo, I was just trying to highlight what a good season Matt Buchan has had. It might have gone unnoticed as he isn't at a higher profile club. Well done to him for trusting in his ability, making the commitment and pushing himself at a higher level. Also shows again the wonderful job that Sean Joyce does in finding players that can do a job within Bideford's budget, and developing them.

13 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Tom bath is out for the season and I guess good part of next after  rupture his Achilles last night at end of the game for parkway 

Really bad luck for him as it sounded like he had one of his better games this season. With Harrison Davis pulling up with what sounded like a hamstring injury in the opening few minutes, Parkway are down to bare bones for the final push. With  Western  Peninsula League games on Saturday, wonder if a few players might be getting phone calls regarding an afternoon at Bolitho Park.

• 3 months later...