Cornwall Football Forum

DIVING! plain cheating or nice peice of skill???

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its only last week that you said you enjoy a bit of banter

just trying 2 keep it light lads

just thought id stick my rod out and look what happened

my bite alarm blew up lol

went fishing jus like i do 4 those penalties

I don't think after saying on here that you dive you'll be getting many more penalties. Not from any ref who reads this site anyway. The only thing you'll be getting is a yellow card and a talking too. :D

Guest Ronin

its only last week that you said you enjoy a bit of banter

just trying 2 keep it light lads

just thought id stick my rod out and look what happened

my bite alarm blew up lol

went fishing jus like i do 4 those penalties

There's a diffrence between banter and being an arse Speedy :rolleyes: I've said it before and I'll say it again - you're only here to wind people up & cause a row. This post just proves it & now people on here have got the measure of you

there is no place in any sport for cheating and diving and the player deserves to be sent off and banned, but was the question about the utd game on sat because i beleive it was a pen and ronnie did not dive he was blocked, but hes made a rod for his own back by in the past going down to easy as did hesky and drogber but they learnt very quickly as ronnie has to. hes a great talent but once ur labled a diver and cheat he will always get things against him its human nature , the ref in my opion was wrong but you can understand why he played on

yeh m8 y

just figured that anybody that seems to enjoy a wind up as much as you do, must play with Kevin Toy. Do me a favor please. Tell him that Coopsie says hi and I hope he is ok. He is a top fella and a funny sod aswell. He could give you plenty of lessons in the art of winding up, he is a true master of it. For some reason he doesn't appreciate standing between the sticks and getting beaten from 35 yards out?.

Our teams had a match against eachother one day a few years back and him and me were giving eachother so much grief that the ref wanted to send us both off or abandon the game. I'm not joking when I say that I think the ref was close to crying. We were only bloody arguing and winding eachother up, you know, calling eachother rubbish etc and the ref was going mental at us. Kev kept telling me how useless I was and then 10 minutes later I planted one past him from 35 yards and it went nicely into the top corner. Since that day we've had some great banter and he always made me laugh because he says I "would argue with a corner flag". He has a point.

He will definately put you right about diving though Speedy. Kev has alot of respect within the Cornish footballing community and I really can't believe he would like to be associated with any kind of cheating.

Guest Helston Patriot

Atleast alot of refs have seen this post and know what your like. so i think the jokes on you now!!! Lets see how many pens you get now

Guest artificiosus

haha mike you love it

good stuff jim

its like fishing 4 gobies m8 hahah

these fish are hungry

i caught a gobie fish once.

if any people have been sent off due to jake diving would they be able to print this page with the quates of jake admiting to cheat to win penaltys and get there money back in fines they would occur from ccfa.

then ccfa could foot the bill to jake.

i bet hes scared to fall in the box this weekend jus incase a ref sends him off 4 diving then there would be 35days in the post

Guest Grandson of Jimbo

What team does `Speedy` play for? would like to know,an see if his team are awarded any penalties from now on. :blink:

i agree that diving is cheating but before you hang someone is not appealling for a throwing corner free kick etc etc when you know for a fact that it was not your ball.how many of you can honestly say you never appealed for a decision knowing it was not your ball.surely this is cheating as well? :SM_carton:

I THINK WE HAVE DRAINED THID TILL ITS ALMOST DRY GUYS, IF YOU CHEAT YOU ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY THE GAME AS IT IS MEANT TO BE PLAYED.... SO LETS HOPE THAT THE CHEATS GET THEIR CUMUPANCE :SM_carton AND THE PLAYERS WIN BY PLAYING FAIR :drink: AND THE GAME IS NOT SPOILT... PLAY FAIR AND WIN OR LOSE, ENJOY IT.. :thumbsup:

falmouth couldnt agree with you more

it not so much diving,more goin over their leg

and no deano i aint the urban spaceman and you know it!

and coopsie you did strike me as quite a clever bloke but not so sure now after beleiving deano!

2 b fair he probably da smartest one on here

Me, clever???. Not so sure about that Speedie boy and when did I say I believed Deano??. I simply said "it's all gone quiet over there".. Are you saying iamthebest is the smartest one on here?. He'll be your friend forever I think.

Guest Spenny

Speedy most of us have been around long enough to know the players who are likely to take a tumble when you breath near them, like yourself and tariq (holmans) and know better than to play into your hands in and around the area. Trouble is it still winds you up during the game however much we like you after the game.

I guess all defenders would call it cheating, midfielders a bit split and some forwards would be all for it.

Apart from you speedy, lets have some nominations for other divers for the refs reading this can watch out for.

I,m totally in agreement with you Speedy. Like it or not Diving is a big part of Football, after reading all the posts I cant see why everyone is up in the air with you mate. Most games have a few dives in, and how many did you see in the european ties the other night?

I,m totally in agreement with you Speedy. Like it or not Diving is a big part of Football, after reading all the posts I cant see why everyone is up in the air with you mate. Most games have a few dives in, and how many did you see in the european ties the other night?

Oh my god, I can't believe that a goalkeeper is saying that diving or cheating as I prefer to call it, is ok? You must be one braindead tool Topcat. Seeing as you're the last line of defence and the one who has to take the ball out of the net when the penalty that was won by the diving, cheating ba@#ard is slammed past you, I thought you'd have more sense than to condone diving. You people make me sick and should be banned from playing the beautiful game. Join a bloody swimming team or something.

C,mon coopsie you put in your profile that you love scoring great goals would,nt you like to slam one past me from the spot? You like scoring, some people like diving it,s all part of our great game! would,nt you like just a little dive now and again? like it or not diving goes on in every game mate.

C,mon coopsie you put in your profile that you love scoring great goals would,nt you like to slam one past me from the spot? You like scoring, some people like diving it,s all part of our great game! would,nt you like just a little dive now and again? like it or not diving goes on in every game mate.

I got married because I enjoy diving TC ;) . I score great goals from great distances, scoring from 12 yards with just a keeper to beat is nothing to shout about and there is absolutely NO WAY you would see me diving on the pitch. How can you possibly say it's part of our great game?. I'd like to see somebody dive or cheat if it was the likes of Johnny Webster tackling them. He'd make sure they never got up again and rightly so. All that it does is takes the beauty out of a wonderful game and just like drug taking athletes, diver's should be banned indefinately.

so divings a no no coops

but johnny webster is ok 2 outright injure someone??????i think a bit of diving is not as bad as purposely hurting some1

speedy1

cooper0

Speedy 1- Cooper 0??.

At NO stage have I said that Johnny Webster would "purposely" hurt someone. Johnny is a VERY hard man who plays a VERY hard game BUT a very fair one. He'll take it as much as he'll give it. I was just pointing out that IF somebody took a dive when he didn't make contact with them, they wouldn't be the cleverest of people. He may not do anything about it on the pitch but I reckon he'd enjoy a quiet word in their ear after the game.

Oh, Johnny Webster - If you ever get to meet or play against him, PLEASE, for your own sake show him a bit of respect because he deserves it. Oh, and he'd eat you for dinner.

I'd like to see somebody dive or cheat if it was the likes of Johnny Webster tackling them. He'd make sure they never got up again and rightly so????????

k buddy look not everyone cares or believes people bout aparant reputations,its people like u who build who blow them out of proportion and they always arent as bad as people make out

plus people aint gettin ne older n despite what u think or want 2 hear u cant beat youth

I'd like to see somebody dive or cheat if it was the likes of Johnny Webster tackling them. He'd make sure they never got up again and rightly so????????

k buddy look not everyone cares or believes people bout aparant reputations,its people like u who build who blow them out of proportion and they always arent as bad as people make out

plus people aint gettin ne older n despite what u think or want 2 hear u cant beat youth

I'm not trying to big anybody up mate and I certainly don't need to blow up any reputation when it comes to Johnny Webster. He has a reputation as a hard man/player because he is exactly that. As for "you can't beat youth". OH YES HE CAN.

Johnny Webster ...... If you showed him the same attitude that you appear to show people on here you would do it just to save that face of yours. You play Junior football Speedy, I suggest that you ask Kevin tomorrow who Johnny is, he'll put you straight. OR ask on here whether he is reputation or reality. He's a bloody nice bloke aswell though.

A nice piece of bickering lads !

But lets face it 'diving' is part and parcel of the game and always will be.

I actually think it stems down to the referee's decsions !

If an 'honest' player goes through on goal and a defender tries to bring him down but manages to stay on his feet as all 'honest' players should but then gains no advantage, 9 times out of 10 the ref waves play on.

On the other hand if the player was to go down under the same challenge i.e. dive, then 9 times out of 10 the ref gives the pen ! !

I believe these decsions sway a players mind to dive or not.