Cornwall Football Forum

VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS: HELSTON ATHLETIC V EXMOUTH TOWN

1)sin bins are for dissent but refs are hardly using this to clamp down on it.... So when one does its a bit strange. 

2)this ref is a decent ref but is definitely one who likes to be the star attraction.. The hairs always a giveaway

3)Never a pen.... Although not a dive either

4)i never understand when Stuart bowker is on the bench(although I did see him pull up with an injury so maybe that's why he was sub? 

5)Helston looked better side from highlights but Exmouth are a team who can just get the job done

6) I see stu Bowker brother played... Decent footballer although probably more argumentative than Stu 😂

7)piran films... Still the best and most reliable highlights service around

Craig veil done his  hamstring by the looks of it. Maybe Steve Massey can have a moan at the leaguer for making them play too many games causing these injuries 

exmouth have always been a good side to be fair I remember seeing parkway play the . Allways tough and physical and they have a decent goal scorer in Levi . 

2 hours ago, Piran said:

I agree. Sin bins are for dissent. Players  need to respect referees and have more self discipline

If all refs did this, there would be much more respect from the players. The refs need to be backed when this happens so they are not afraid of getting bad scores.

It works in Rugby.

1 hour ago, The Observer__ said:

While Piran films produce a good product the obsession with the match officials over the course of the season is not a good look.  

If the sin bins etc yesterday weren't mentioned it would be bad journalism as it wdve had a big effect on game. 

Do we want it like the Saltash v Bitton highlights where there was no mention of 3 Bitton sending off 

3 hours ago, Footy follower said:

1)sin bins are for dissent but refs are hardly using this to clamp down on it.... So when one does its a bit strange. 

2)this ref is a decent ref but is definitely one who likes to be the star attraction.. The hairs always a giveaway

4)i never understand when Stuart bowker is on the bench(although I did see him pull up with an injury so maybe that's why he was sub? 

5)Helston looked better side from highlights but Exmouth are a team who can just get the job done

6) I see stu Bowker brother played... Decent footballer although probably more argumentative than Stu 😂

1) think it’s about time a referee stamped out Exmouth’s bullying/surrounding of referees tactics it’s embarrassing makes me look an angel on the pitch!! 

2) personally think he had a very good game yesterday but game is all about opinions 

3) again opinions is what the game is all about 😉😉 

4) I’ve been playing with a torn hip flexor for over a month now and with a cup quarter final on Wednesday me and the gaffa decided it was best to give me a rest yesterday (didn’t work out was on after 30 mins 🤣🙈

5) exmouth took their chances and defended superbly 

6) love having my brother in the trenches with me just need the other one to come out of retirement to complete the set lol 😂 

7) got to love piran films great footage as always 

1 hour ago, Stu B said:

Feel free to introduce yourself next time you’re at a Helston game more happy to take in your opinions over a 🍺 have a great rest of your weekend 😊

Any truth in the rumour stu that you told mass you want a Bentley before you sign for next season and he said F.F.S.,you'll have to make do with Aaron and Jordan ? 🤔

Thought this game was ruined by the ref . Thought it was going to be a great spectacle. Helston probably the better side in the first half , but Town we’re more clinical . As for the second half, the Ref for what ever reason seemed to want to book ,sin bin , anything that moved in yellow ? Yes I’m biased of course .

I would even suggest his interventions probably hindered a Helston come back , apart from the Penalty won by Stuart ? The second half  seemed to last for ages ,with the Ref basically stopping play every 5 seconds . After the final whistle he still managed to send a town player off as well . 
Fortunately , we managed get a valuable 3 points . I’m looking forward to the Cup match on Wednesday and the third trip to deepest Cornwall in ten days ! Got to say the hospitality at Helston was great ,as was it was at Mousehole the week before . 
Just one note about Exmouths bullying tactics and surrounding the ref , I see this week in and week out by both teams please don’t play that card . 
This western League is the best and closest division I’ve witnessed in many a year .  I look forward to seeing and visiting Falmouth in there next season If we don’t go up . Utt 

51 minutes ago, mattelot said:

Any truth in the rumour stu that you told mass you want a Bentley before you sign for next season and he said F.F.S.,you'll have to make do with Aaron and Jordan ? 🤔

Hi after my all inclusive 5* break earlier in the season, my new infinity pool in my garden and my trip to the Maldives in the summer not sure I could ask for a Bentley aswell so guess I’ll have to settle for Jordan and Aaron 😂😂 lovely lads mind 😉😉 

On 03/04/2022 at 13:03, Footy follower said:

Thanks for that last comment. My standards will slip this week. I have to go to London early doors on Thursday morning so the edit of the up -coming cup game won’t be available for a week.

On 03/04/2022 at 13:30, The Observer__ said:

While Piran films produce a good product the obsession with the match officials over the course of the season is not a good look.  

We’ve had this conversation before I fear. Not an obsession. I am respected by the Refsupportuk and hope to do some promotional work with them. Have to cover talking points. But agree that my thumbnails would give that impression.

On 03/04/2022 at 15:30, Footy follower said:

If the sin bins etc yesterday weren't mentioned it would be bad journalism as it wdve had a big effect on game. 

Do we want it like the Saltash v Bitton highlights where there was no mention of 3 Bitton sending off 

Good point

On 03/04/2022 at 16:40, Stu B said:

1) think it’s about time a referee stamped out Exmouth’s bullying/surrounding of referees tactics it’s embarrassing makes me look an angel on the pitch!! 

2) personally think he had a very good game yesterday but game is all about opinions 

3) again opinions is what the game is all about 😉😉 

4) I’ve been playing with a torn hip flexor for over a month now and with a cup quarter final on Wednesday me and the gaffa decided it was best to give me a rest yesterday (didn’t work out was on after 30 mins 🤣🙈

5) exmouth took their chances and defended superbly 

6) love having my brother in the trenches with me just need the other one to come out of retirement to complete the set lol 😂 

7) got to love piran films great footage as always 

Thanks Stu. Love that you come on this forum.

On 04/04/2022 at 22:09, Piran said:

I am respected by the Refsupportuk and hope to do some promotional work with them.

Steer clear of Mr Cassidy.

He holds a very poor reputation amongst actual active referees and is hell bent on creating an even bigger divide between match officials and players/clubs.

Despite his claims, he IS NOT the voice of all referees.

1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

They've not changed then, remember them being like this back in the Peninsula days under Richard Pears .Great set of supporters though.

Friendliest supporters I’ve come across following Mousehole home and away this season have been Exmouth’s, though tbf there haven’t been any notably unfriendly ones anywhere. 

3 hours ago, FootballChat said:

Steer clear of Mr Cassidy.

He holds a very poor reputation amongst actual active referees and is hell bent on creating an even bigger divide between match official and players/clubs.

Despite his claims, he IS NOT the voice of all referees.

Yes, I was informed of this last night. I think he may have some history and an agenda.

Well done referee. The reason that we diapprove of the sin bin is because thise in the middle are bottling it at every given moment to use them. So when a ref correctly issues sin bins, he's deemed to be the one ruining the game. Not the mouth pieces that have been given their matching orders. The Exmouth 5 should have gone alot sooner than he did. They do this because they get away with it week in week out. This referee had a good game and didn't take any crap in the second half. Helston left him alone for the majority. Well done to Referee other should take note of it because it's the only part of the game that I can not stand when I visit games in the western and south western league's 

On 03/04/2022 at 13:03, Footy follower said:

Im also struggling to understand what someones hair has to do with anything?he uses hair products, so? How does the fact he likes a bit of wax or whatever men put in their hair these days put the impression across that he wants to be the star attraction?

5 hours ago, BrummyBarry said:

Im also struggling to understand what someones hair has to do with anything?he uses hair products, so? How does the fact he likes a bit of wax or whatever men put in their hair these days put the impression across that he wants to be the star attraction?

It was tongue in cheek mate.. Calm down

• 1 month later...