Cornwall Football Forum

FA Vase Semi's and Ben Whiting St.Day FC.

David Bray

This Saturday sees the eagerly contested Semi's in this season's FAVase.

And Cornwall will have representation.

Between the sticks for Loughborough Students ( v Littlehampton) will be 19 year old BEN WHITING.

Ben joined St.Day FC as a raw 14 year old but really came to prominence as a 16 year old when St.Day sweeped the board in that age category in Youth Football within the County structure. 

Ben went to Sussex Uni and is now at Loughborough studying Financial Accounting,  a clever lad.

We all wish Ben a clean sheet on Saturday something students are not renowned for. 

For the record, the other Semi sees Hamworthy take on Newport Pagnell,  no big hitters from the Northern Leagues this season.

I  remember  Falmouth playing at Hamworthy in the Vase  2018 with Town holding a 1-0 lead (Jordan Annear) until the dying moments equaliser and going down 1-3 in extra time.-The first artificial pitch I had seen a match.

The Dorset club are one win away from becoming League Champions and then on to The Southern league

On 03/04/2022 at 10:37, Mike Odgers said:

I  remember  Falmouth playing at Hamworthy in the Vase  2018 with Town holding a 1-0 lead (Jordan Annear) until the dying moments equaliser and going down 1-3 in extra time.-The first artificial pitch I had seen a match.

The Dorset club are one win away from becoming League Champions and then on to The Southern league

I still think we would have won that day if it had been on a grass pitch Mike. All that rubber crumb splashing up every time the ball bounced on it was horrendous .