St Merryn                         1-0         St Minver Reserves

Tregrehan Mills               3-1         Gerrans & St Mawes Utd

Polzeath                            5-3         St Columb Major

DIVISION TWO

Boscastle Reserves         H/W      Grampound

Gunnislake Reserves      4-1         Week St Mary

St Mawgan Reserves      1-0         Biscovey

9 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Never jump the gun! I just considered  it would have been good for the league or club to have announced it first so I thought I’d give them the opportunity! 👍

9 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Never jump the gun! I just considered  it would have been good for the league or club to have announced it first so I thought I’d give them the opportunity! 👍

On behalf of Tintagel AFC, it is with great disappointment that our season has come to an end. We have had to forfeit 3 matches due to lack of players and as per the correct league rules we are eliminated from the league with immediate effect. 

It has been a struggle all season and we have battled so hard to get this far and we can only thank the players who have made themselves available. Over the past few weeks we have had numerous players unavailable due to illness, work, injured or other and we have been down to a handful of a squad. 

We hope that we can recover in the future and get our team back playing again and we can only apologise to all our fellow clubs for not making it to the end of the season. 

Sorry if this is a bit long winded, doesn't make sense or I've missed anything but I thought I had better put something to keep Dave happy! 

3 hours ago, Old Git said:

Sorry if this is a bit long winded, doesn't make sense or I've missed anything but I thought I had better put something to keep Dave happy! 

Many thanks for the post. Just a shame you did so well to play so many and then with the end of season within touching distance had to pack up!

Let’s hope you can regroup and return in the near future.

Losty 1 lanivet 3 

Losty beaten by the better side today.  2 very well worked set peice goals in the first half and a tap in from a low cross in the second proved to be enough to give the visitors the points. Losty created chances here and there but there was never much sustained pressure on the visitors goal.So many key players out for losty has really made it a difficult season but we’ll keep battling on 

Losty 1 Lanivet 3

A very good Lanivet side deservedly won this local derby. With the elements in their favour in the first half Lanivet dominated and despite some dogged defending we were 2 behind at HT. The second half was more competitive and a sin bin gave some hope and our outstanding player Brandon Fisher pulled one back. Sadly we could not maintain the momentum and a well crafted late third completed the scoring. A big thanks to Ross our ref and Xavi and the Lanivet Lino for their contribution on a grim day. Another tricky fixture at home to St Merryn next week and hopefully we will have some players back. Cheers Bill

• Dave Deacon unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
On 01/04/2022 at 20:27, Old Git said:

On behalf of Tintagel AFC, it is with great disappointment that our season has come to an end. We have had to forfeit 3 matches due to lack of players and as per the correct league rules we are eliminated from the league with immediate effect. 

It has been a struggle all season and we have battled so hard to get this far and we can only thank the players who have made themselves available. Over the past few weeks we have had numerous players unavailable due to illness, work, injured or other and we have been down to a handful of a squad. 

We hope that we can recover in the future and get our team back playing again and we can only apologise to all our fellow clubs for not making it to the end of the season. 

“As per the correct league rules” - why have these rules not been used with Polperro? Genuine question that needs a genuine answer please.