Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Wednesday 30 March 2022

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Wednesday 30 March 2022
1 hour ago, Soccer Follower said:

Attendance 87 at Truro,437 at Tiverton.

87 ?? That is is shocking parkway had close to 500 the night before at the same ground. How can that be sustainable for a club in that level of football ?? . . I feel sorry for the players to be fair. Some who were there night before to see the atmosphere at parkway game. 

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

87 ?? That is is shocking parkway had close to 500 the night before at the same ground. How can that be sustainable for a club in that level of football ?? . . I feel sorry for the players to be fair. Some who were there night before to see the atmosphere at parkway game. 

Unless a major new backer comes in to replace the Pirates cash, things are going to go "pop" with Truro City quite soon. 87 through the gate, guessing no revenue from the bar or pitch side advertising, apart from the money received from selling Treyew Road (which they must be burning through at a rapid rate), can't see where the cash comes from. 

2 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Unless a major new backer comes in to replace the Pirates cash, things are going to go "pop" with Truro City quite soon. 87 through the gate, guessing no revenue from the bar or pitch side advertising, apart from the money received from selling Treyew Road (which they must be burning through at a rapid rate), can't see where the cash comes from. 

87 people not sure how many Merthyr brought  down but if you take away friends and family of the players probably watching you left with about 20 Truro fans ? Honestly how can you sustain that where the money for the players  ?  There More watching in the combo league or council pitches around Plymouth on a weekend.  There doesn’t seem to be any comment from Truro or anyone and no serious push or drive to get local fans or even Truro residents to Games. 

4 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

87 people not sure how many Merthyr brought  down but if you take away friends and family of the players probably watching you left with about 20 Truro fans ? Honestly how can you sustain that where the money for the players  ?  There More watching in the combo league or council pitches around Plymouth on a weekend.  There doesn’t seem to be any comment from Truro or anyone and no serious push or drive to get local fans or even Truro residents to Games. 

It's not sustainable, it requires either someone with very deep pockets or a serious look at how they operate going forward.  Somewhere on this forum it was stated that a free coach ran from Treyew Road on match days.  I presume that the fans who turn up use that service.

6 minutes ago, Town Fan said:

It's not sustainable, it requires either someone with very deep pockets or a serious look at how they operate going forward.  Somewhere on this forum it was stated that a free coach ran from Treyew Road on match days.  I presume that the fans who turn up use that service.

Not sure if the coach to ferry people up from Truro is still running ? Where is it advertised on their social media ? I mean who In Truro knows where to get on it ? And does it pick up at other Cornish stops on way up. 
I see Taunton are due to visit next week that will be a massive game for Taunton who going for the title  and Taunton will bring a lot of fans.