SOUTHERN LEAGUE

PREMIER SOUTH

Chesham United              1-1          Weston-super-Mare

Swindon Supermarine   3-2          Hartley Wintney

Truro City                            1-3          Salisbury

DIVISION ONE SOUTH

Bideford                              1-2          Plymouth Parkway

Cinderford Town              1-0          Larkhall Athletic

Realistically, that has to be it for Truro's play off chances. They would have thought that they were firm favourites to take the points against a Salisbury side that had lost 4 out of their last 5 games, with Steve Claridge advising that they only had 5 fit players on the morning of the match.

Regarding the crowd, read on a Salisbury FC supporters page that one of their travelling contingent won the 50/50... it was a whopping great £25!

Sums it up really.

What is there to invest in? No ground,  and not likely to be one, at least for the foreseeable future. Just cannot see any reason why Cornwall Council will, or even should,  cough up £3 million when the government is not going to. Stadium for Cornwall is dead in the water as far as I can see. Feel sorry for the true City supporters; should never have given their ground away.

Rumour that 3-4 may be moving to parkway next season. Can see why they want too.  when they are stood on the sidelines looking at that fantastic ground.  watching them play in front of a proper crowd a progressive club on the up  . 
you wonder what the future is for Truro if no funding and no ground . Will be back to ground zero playing on a council pitch and changing in the cars. 

38 minutes ago, Craze said:

This club is going back to park football standard. No ground, no home, no money. Stick a fork in us, we're done. Thanks covid - should've been a Conference South side 2 years ago, and now we are where we are.

Wouldn’t have made a difference if you were  in the conference you still have no ground to call your home. 

4 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Rumour that 3-4 may be moving to parkway next season. Can see why they want too.  when they are stood on the sidelines looking at that fantastic ground.  watching them play in front of a proper crowd a progressive club on the up  . 
you wonder what the future is for Truro if no funding and no ground . Will be back to ground zero playing on a council pitch and changing in the cars. 

Wouldn’t have made a difference if you were  in the conference you still have no ground to call your home. 

Cannot see Paul Wotton sticking around to manage a mid table step 3 club, with no ground and playing in front of 100 people (or less). 

Too many silly rumours floating around about TCFC. It has already been stated that they will be back for the season after next, at the latest. The two million pound fro the quitting of Treyew Rd is locked away with Cornwall Council. With the possibility of TCFC being released by Dickie Evans to a buyer, who quite possibly will want to have his team playing where the supporters are. I have organised my season ticket in advance for 2023-24.... 

1 hour ago, silly billy said:

For ground improvements? 

Yeah, you could buy a decent sized bomb for that price. Level it out, and build a new Primark, or something...

Falmouth Town... Wasn't that the same club that got promoted in the seventies, but could only last one season in a higher league before coming back down? 

Who knows, maybe Buckland Athletic gave you a taste of how you'd get on in the next league. You've not exactly faced bigger opponents this season. If you look at the league, they are mostly village sides. Having said that, St Blazey's win gave me a real chuckle. I haven't laughed like that in months.  

And Falmouth getting to the final of the Vase... 😬 Well, that's a bit like the Stadium...

The only way Falmouth will be the best team in Cornwall is if every other Cornish team in the higher leagues folded. 

Well done, you got a reaction. If that rant earns me a ban, it'll be worth it!

One last thing, I might support a team with no home ground, but at least I'm not f***ing deluded.  

2 minutes ago, Devils@Dusk said:

Yeah, you could buy a decent sized bomb for that price. Level it out, and build a new Primark, or something...

Falmouth Town... Wasn't that the same club that got promoted in the seventies, but could only last one season in a higher league before coming back down? 

Who knows, maybe Buckland Athletic gave you a taste of how you'd get on in the next league. You've not exactly faced bigger opponents this season. If you look at the league, they are mostly village sides. Having said that, St Blazey's win gave me a real chuckle. I haven't laughed like that in months.  

And Falmouth getting to the final of the Vase... 😬 Well, that's a bit like the Stadium...

The only way Falmouth will be the best team in Cornwall is if every other Cornish team in the higher leagues folded. 

Well done, you got a reaction. 

One last thing, I might support a team with no home ground, but at least I'm not f***ing deluded.  

Ooh get you!  Actually, we were in the the Western League (Step 3 back then) from 1974 to 1983 and were champions in 1974–75, 1975–76, 1976–77 & 1977–78.

15 minutes ago, Devils@Dusk said:

💤💤💤 😁🤣😂

17 minutes ago, Devils@Dusk said:

"Level it out and build a new primark !!!" Bit like you boys did Levelled treyew rd and built a Lidl !!! 😁🤣😂 Absolutely priceless 😁🤣😂

I don’t know how you can get that passionate about Truro. I mean none of the players come from there I bet half haven’t even stepped foot in Truro in years . They don’t have a ground . And no Truro youngster probably even knows that exist  . It literally a load of players and Manager from Devon  playing under a Truro banner.  At least Falmouth have an identity and players to get behind. 

TCFC are committed to Truro, end of. We have a very successful Reserve side, in their first season they are making their mark and will have the best ground, as the Treyew property gets installed at Tregye (planning permission granted this week for that). The U18s aren't doing too bad either, with other junior pathway sides likely. Don't write off Truro City quite yet. A Cornish side with ambitions, now there is something.

8 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

I don’t know how you can get that passionate about Truro. I mean none of the players come from there I bet half haven’t even stepped foot in Truro in years . They don’t have a ground . And no Truro youngster probably even knows that exist  . It literally a load of players and Manager from Devon  playing under a Truro banner.  At least Falmouth have an identity and players to get behind. 

But that will always change when you climb the ladder, limited Cornish players of the abilities needed at the higher levels of football. 

14 hours ago, Devils@Dusk said:

Falmouth Town.  The club that has taken most of your fans!  Can't blame the fans either since they have been totally abandoned and haven't been properly considered over the last few years when decisions have been made over the locations of the "Home " grounds.  Blatantly only considered the travel miles of the players in those decisions.

Sorry but you reap what you sow.

By the way, feel really sorry for the genuine City fans (including you actually) in this.  None of this debacle is their fault but there is no football team to support in a city the size of Truro. 

Unforgiveable!

On 16/03/2022 at 08:33, Way Of The Park said:

Realistically, that has to be it for Truro's play off chances. They would have thought that they were firm favourites to take the points against a Salisbury side that had lost 4 out of their last 5 games, with Steve Claridge advising that they only had 5 fit players on the morning of the match.

Regarding the crowd, read on a Salisbury FC supporters page that one of their travelling contingent won the 50/50... it was a whopping great £25!

Sums it up really.

I've a horrible forebodibg that the White Tigers could go under. They cannot be anything like a sustainable club playing at Bolitho Park.  Season over fior Truro, sadly.