Cornwall Football Forum

Paul Hampshire RIP

Dave Deacon

Just heard some sad news that Paul Hampshire has died after being hit by a car last night. This happened back in Scotland, his home country.

Paul will be remembered mostly I would imagine in Cornish football for his time with Newquay. Described as a “class act” to me just now and certainly a magic midfielder with a wondrous left foot.

Instrumental in the Peppermints season when they finished champions of Division One West 2011-12.

Condolences go to his family and friends from all of us in Cornwall.

Very Sad News. Paul was a great Guy and friend and will be sorely missed by all his friends at Newquay

Paul was a great footballer  and one of the best to don a Newquay shirt.

Our thoughts and condolences go out to Pauls family at this very sad time

This is the most awful news I could hear, Hammy was a unbelievable footballer without doubt head and shoulders above anything I’ve played alongside terrific engine sweet left foot winners mentality and proper team player leave it all out there, he had a quick witty sense of humour and  cheeky smile that I’ll never forget he was just a fantastic person all round, all my love and condolences go to  Lisa and the family 

RIP hammy 

From Lisa Hampshire ❤️

https://www.facebook.com/100001461033481/posts/5140231129368871/

HAMPSHIRE

Paul Christopher

(Dunbar)

Tragically, on Sunday 13th March 2022, Paul, beloved husband of Lisa, loving dad of Ellie and Reuben, dear son of Drew and Anne, much loved and loving son, brother, son-in-law, brother-in-law, uncle, cousin, and a very good friend of many. A funeral service to which all friends are invited will be held at Belhaven Church, Dunbar on Friday, 1st April at 11.00am, followed by a private cremation service. No flowers please, donations in aid of the Alzheimer’s Society may be given on retiral if desired. If you can wear a touch of yellow, it would be appreciated.

For those of you who cannot make the service we will be doing a live video link, details on this will follow. 

There will be a reception after the church service at Hallhill where we will meet you all after Pauls private cremation to celebrate and share memories of our much loved Paul  💛

Please feel free to share this post. 

Accommodation in Dunbar:

Dolphin Inn (telephone and ask for Lisa Bryson and quote Paul Hampshire) this is a lovely new back packers in town.  01368 868427

The Rocks, Marine Road, Dunbar
01368 868385

The Bayswell Park Hotel, Dunbar
01368 862225

The Pine Marten, Dunbar
01368 860013

Dunmuir Hotel, Dunbar
01368 862003

The Royal Mackintosh, Dunbar
01368 238002

As you know we lost one of our football family and good friend Paul Hampshire. If you had the privilege to play with him or against him or had the pleasure to meet him or work with him and had him as one of your friends And would like to attend his funeral virtually Newquay AFC are streaming the service on Friday the 1st April starting from 1030 the service starts at 11