PREMIER SOUTH

Salisbury                             0-3             Tiverton Town

Taunton Town                   2-1              Merthyr Town

Weston-super-Mare       1-0              Swindon Supermarine

Wimborne Town              0-5            Yate Town

DIVISION ONE SOUTH

Plymouth Parkway          4-1              Barnstaple Town

Parkway  4  Barnstaple 1 

back from a chilly Bolitho park after watching parkway pretty much cruise to a 4-1 win 

expected a lot more from Barnstaple a team full of players ok big money fighting to stay up.  but apart from the first 10 min where they looked dangerous,  as  soon as billy palfrey scored ( another cracking goal ) they literally gave up. 
Owen Howe on the bench as well was another odd one. 
take nothing away from parkway they were class above on a pitch that resembles a ploughed Field  now mind there definitely not going to be any great football on there rest of the season 
Thought gabby  Rodgers , landricombe and palfrey we’re all excellent 

a very good crowd of 250 odd seeing as argyle were home and Liverpool on the box
the watching Truro players must be jealous 

1 other thing I noticed no river Allen in the parkway squad heard a few saying he left or fallen out. Always looked a good players when I have seen him .  

7 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Parkway 4 Barnstaple 1

Goals from Billy Palfrey, Tom Bath, Mikey Williams and Mike Landricombe made it 4 wins from last 5 in the league.

Lee Hobbs' team building up a nice head of steam as the league reaches its final stages, and move closer to the play off spots

They definitely have a chance if the squad all stay fit. Looks a strong bench as well now. Hard to judge tonight as Barnstaple were very poor after going behind.

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Tuesday 8 March 2022
9 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Parkway  4  Barnstaple 1 

back from a chilly Bolitho park after watching parkway pretty much cruise to a 4-1 win 

expected a lot more from Barnstaple a team full of players ok big money fighting to stay up.  but apart from the first 10 min where they looked dangerous,  as  soon as billy palfrey scored ( another cracking goal ) they literally gave up. 
Owen Howe on the bench as well was another odd one. 
take nothing away from parkway they were class above on a pitch that resembles a ploughed Field  now mind there definitely not going to be any great football on there rest of the season 
Thought gabby  Rodgers , landricombe and palfrey we’re all excellent 

a very good crowd of 250 odd seeing as argyle were home and Liverpool on the box
the watching Truro players must be jealous 

1 other thing I noticed no river Allen in the parkway squad heard a few saying he left or fallen out. Always looked a good players when I have seen him .  

They definitely have a chance if the squad all stay fit. Looks a strong bench as well now. Hard to judge tonight as Barnstaple were very poor after going behind.

Read that Billy Tucker didn't start either, looks like Barnstaple are concentrating their efforts on the mini league  involving the teams around them.

Regarding River Allen, strange that a player who was such a symbolic signing when he joined from Tiverton, seems to have just disappeared. 

Have to say that this is an area that Parkway are quite poor, for all their very slick and professional social media output, they don't seem to like sharing player news and information (and yes, that includes the strange decision to stop showing video highlights of matches). Supporters want to know if a player is injured, suspended, left the club or is just not available. Rumours and speculation end up filling the space left by a lack of club communication.

5 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Didn’t they announce at the start of the season that they were saving their videos for an end of season production?

Yes, but can't work out why. In the recent q&a session, the chairman talked about marketing the club and making efforts to increase the supporter base. Seems to me that a brief 5 minute package of highlights and goals is an excellent way of doing this. 

As a long distance supporter, this was my way of keeping in touch with what was happening, and I also used to really enjoy watching them on a Sunday evening. Now that is gone, I do feel the connection to the club ebbing away.

Taunton have a fantastic social media presence.  Interviews on live with the manager straight after and highlights.  
As for river Allen it’s was thought it’s more he walked out . I believe he on a contract so no idea what going to happen was even talk Barnstaple asked about signing  him. .