Barnstaple Town             2-1            Mangotsfield United

Cinderford Town             P-P            Willand Rovers

Frome Town                    1-1            Evesham United

Lymington Town             1-1            Highworth Town

Melksham Town             2-2            Bideford

Sholing                              0-2           Plymouth Parkway

Slimbridge                        1-1            Bristol Manor Farm

Winchester City               2-2            Paulton Rovers

Only attracting 102 spectators and losing 0-1 against next to bottom of the league Wimborne Town is not good.They have games in hand on some of the teams above them but these teams have points on the board and,even if Truro City won these games,they are still reliant on other teams doing them a favour as it is currently out of their hands as regards getting into the play offs.

Truro's public relations is abysmal. 

2 minutes ago, Soccer Follower said:

Only attracting 102 spectators and losing 0-1 against next to bottom of the league Wimborne Town is not good.They have games in hand on some of the teams above them but these teams have points on the board and,even if Truro City won these games,they are still reliant on other teams doing them a favour as it is currently out of their hands as regards getting into the play offs.

Its non-existent. There is a club there, and a following to be grown. Successive owners have failed to nurture it. 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 5 March 2022

Huge three points for Parkway at Sholing. Play off places are now within striking distance.

Next up, another big game on Tuesday night against a Barnstaple side that are still bottom, but on an escape mission with a new chairman, manager and load of new signings. Hopefully the pitch is still playable after Truro's match today.

Truro could have done with Chesham losing, but otherwise results not too bad for them.

Perhaps a well done for coming back late on is appropriate.

Interesting to hear, considering the present situation with the Stadium4Cornwall dragging on never ending, as to what you guys above suggest the club should do?

1 hour ago, Craze said:

There it is, Truro skank a 96th minute winner at home, against relegation certs, down to ten men and the fanbase will say everythings ok.

1 hour ago, Soccer Follower said:

I must be missing something important. Surely it’s worth waiting until the final whistle before you rip a team apart, and then, when they win, see at least SOME positives.

3 minutes ago, Mrgreen said:

I must be missing something important. Surely it’s worth waiting until the final whistle before you rip a team apart, and then, when they win, see at least SOME positives.

Positives they won. Thats about it.

7 minutes ago, Paul said:

I'm not sure Parkway supporters would stay to watch Truro just because its on their ground. They are probably happy with the rent money and thats it. No interest in what Truro do one bit id imagine. 

As it should be. Did Wimbledon/Palace fans go to each others games in the 90s?

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

Truro could have done with Chesham losing, but otherwise results not too bad for them.

Perhaps a well done for coming back late on is appropriate.

Interesting to hear, considering the present situation with the Stadium4Cornwall dragging on never ending, as to what you guys above suggest the club should do?

1. Communicate clearly with the fanbase

2. Move the club back to Cornwall, even if it means dropping down divisions.

3. Be ridiculously active in the local community.

4. Work harder to establish Truro City as the academy for Cornwall

5. Free tickets for all under 16's

9 minutes ago, Paul said:

I'm not sure Parkway supporters would stay to watch Truro just because its on their ground. They are probably happy with the rent money and thats it. No interest in what Truro do one bit id imagine. 

From what I've heard, you're right. Seen as unwelcome guests and a nuisance by some at Parkway from what I gather.

Know that finances are a consideration, and it's easy to be wise after the event, but more could have been done to lure the non travelling Parkway or floating fans. Half price for Parkway season ticket holders or free entry to Parkway youth players if accompanied by a paying adult for example. But hey, isn't hindsight great.

Of course, another factor in the almost complete absence of City travelling support could be the runaway success of Falmouth this season proving a bigger attraction. 

11 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

How far would you be prepared for them to drop that you would still go and watch them?

I don't go to see them now, I did 15 years ago religiously, and I live up near Swindon... so was prepared to travel when we were down in the Toolstation leagues

Just to clarify my position, I kept going up until the covid non-season. The cancelling of that season ruined football for me. It wasn't fair Liverpool (my boyhood team) were allowed to win the league. While Truro were denied a rightful promotion - more bluntly it annoyed me that teams like Jersey Bulls were mathematically up and then the plug was pulled.