Torpoint Athletic             12-0          Stoke Gabriel & Torbay Police

Torridgeside                    0-3        Cullompton Rangers

Torrington                        0-1          Elburton Villa

WEST

Bodmin Town                  2-1          Penryn Athletic

Launceston                      3-1       St Dennis

Penzance                          P-P         Camelford

St Blazey                          2-4           Liskeard Athletic

Wadebridge Town          3-3          Godolphin Atlantic (Newquay)

RGB CORNWALL SENIOR CUP

QUARTER FINAL

Dobwalls                          4-2           Millbrook

Newquay                          0-4          Falmouth Town

Saltash United                 2-1           Helston Athletic

Wendron United             2-1       Sticker

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 15 January 2022

After the disappointment of the Camels game being cancelled - took in St Blazey v Liskeard. 
Game if two halves. First half Liskeard were outstanding against a disjointed St Blazey. Scored three goals and probably should have been 4 or 5. St Blazey did score but against the run of play. HT 3-1 to Liskeard. 
Second half was all St Blazey who scored one and had a contentious goal disallowed for a ball having gone out of play prior to scoring. At 3-2 it looked like St Blazey would score an equaliser but some great blocks and saves kept them ahead and they scored on the break right at the end to seal a 4-2 win. 
Good game for the neural. Max had a great first half for Liskeard but second have Brokes dominated proceedings, however for me the mom was the young right back for Liskeard - real quality young player who matched anything Liam or the St Blazey strikers threw at him. 
Great day for the CCFA - loads of cards issued, some seemed harsh compared to other unpenalised incidents - but when he let the game flow I thought the man in the middle had a very good game. 

Good report Bob, thought Blazey deserved a point after a strong 2nd half, think Liskeard won the bookings count 6-2 with the last 3 for time wasting. Great game to watch, thought the ref did well, tried to let it flow. Good crowd, around the 200 I reckon.

PREMIER EAST 2021-22 P W D L GF GA GD PTS
1 Okehampton Argyle 25 18 2 5 56 27 29 56
2 Torpoint Athletic 19 16 1 2 71 19 52 49
3 Ivybridge Town 22 14 2 6 53 36 17 44
4 Newton Abbot Spurs 24 14 2 8 64 48 16 44
5 Ottery St Mary * 23 15 0 8 64 39 25 42
6 Brixham AFC 18 13 2 3 56 18 38 41
7 Cullompton Rangers 25 13 1 11 48 38 10 40
8 Axminster Town 20 10 7 3 42 19 23 37
9 Dartmouth AFC 19 11 4 4 37 32 5 37
10 Plymouth Marjon 27 11 2 14 50 65 -15 35
11 Elmore AFC 21 9 2 10 43 39 4 29
12 Torrington AFC 23 8 4 11 42 44 -2 28
13 Elburton Villa 19 8 1 10 40 35 5 25
14 Holsworthy AFC 21 6 6 9 27 38 -11 24
15 Crediton United 24 7 2 15 55 64 -9 23
16 Bovey Tracey 20 7 2 11 42 55 -13 23
17 Torridgeside AFC 19 7 1 11 37 50 -13 22
18 Honiton Town 22 5 4 13 27 54 -27 19
19 Sidmouth Town 23 2 2 19 33 90 -57 8
20 Stoke Gabriel & Torbay Police 24 1 1 22 29 106 -77 4
   * Points adjusted                

PREMIER WEST 2021-22 P W D L GF GA GD PTS
1 Falmouth Town 18 18 0 0 77 17 60 54
2 Liskeard Athletic 15 12 2 1 52 24 28 38
3 Camelford 20 11 4 5 56 35 21 37
4 Wendron United 19 11 3 5 55 41 14 36
5 Dobwalls 18 11 1 6 41 26 15 34
6 St Blazey 18 10 3 5 46 32 14 33
7 Newquay 20 10 2 8 46 42 4 32
8 Wadebridge Town 19 9 2 8 40 43 -3 29
9 Launceston 21 8 3 10 32 39 -7 27
10 AFC St Austell 19 7 4 8 28 38 -10 25
11 Penryn Athletic 19 7 2 10 48 44 4 23
12 Bodmin Town 15 7 1 7 32 28 4 22
13 Callington Town 20 5 5 10 40 42 -2 20
14 Sticker 21 6 1 14 31 62 -31 19
15 Godolphin Atlantic (Newquay) 18 4 4 10 35 50 -15 16
16 Penzance 19 4 0 15 27 59 -32 12
17 St Dennis 19 0 1 18 16 80 -64 1

Well done to Dane and his Saltash team for beating Masseys Helston ,Massey signed the young lad Orlando Anker just to stop Dane from signing him and then puts him on the bench every week . I bet Dane is delighted to get the win over his old foe Going to be a Saltash vs Falmouth again i think like the last 2 finals involvin those 2 sides before Covid put a stop to things .It would be nice if Newquay had a final up there for a change , they have one of the best grounds around with lots of cover and a fantastic clubhouse , be nice to get 1 up there for a change but im pretty sure it will be at Bodmin again 

Pretty spot on report Bob 👍️  Cracking game to watch, played at 100mph, some big tackles flying in! Thought the officials done a good job on the whole, not the easiest game to officiate wouldn’t have imagined! Blazey were missing Giler at the back and Jordy Dingle in the middle and of course Laffs in the dug out so can take plenty of positives from the game, the 16 year old sub Rio Garside looks a talent for the future 👌 great to see a healthy 200+ crowd at Blazey again and the ground in great condition, well done to Paul, Amos and their gang! Liskeard looked really classy 1st half, loads of pace and defence splitting passes and I’d bet on them to finish runners up come May. Sorry Bob! Camels 3rd maybe! 👍🤔😁. Credit to both teams fitness as well, were non stop from minute 1 to 90. What local footie is all about!  £7.50 cheap entertainment for 2 hours! Great programme by the way Paul 👏🏼 Congrats to both teams and the officials for your good performances this afternoon. Great stuff 👏🏼👍👌

Saltash United 2 (Farrant, Martindale), Helston Athletic 1 (Veal)

Well the final score in my opinion was just about right.

Throughout the whole game there wasn’t too much between the two sides and come the end it was a mini penalty shootout during the second half that decided the outcome. The visitors effort was well saved, while the Ashes made no mistake!

Helston got the first advantage, in the 11th minute, when Craig Veal scored with a shot from what looked to be at least on the edge of the penalty area if not further out. That chance came about when Henry Wilson was robbed of possession slightly further up the pitch.

Sam Farrant levelled the game with a well taken free kick just outside the Helston penalty area. He did well too get the ball up and over the defensive wall and gave stand-in keeper Leo Summers no chance whatsoever. To be fair Summers wasn’t called into action that much in the first 45. He did make one reaction save, pushing the ball away at his left post for a corner, but I expected Saltash to have put him under more pressure. 

Shortly before half time Stu Bowker had an effort on goal which Rickard did well to block with his outstretched leg. Also just before the interval we had our one and only “ loads of players” melee when Reece Thomson was fouled by Josh Storey. For a moment it all got slightly heated but to be fair overall the match was well controlled by ref Lee Swabey and his assistants.

Into the second half and on the hour up stepped Stu Bowker to take a penalty. He kept it low and to the keeper’s right, but Rickard did well, diving the correct way and holding onto the ball. 15 minutes later we had our second unfortunate hand-ball in the box. It was the turn of Saltash to have a go and Callum Martindale made no mistake sending Summer the wrong way.

Both sides made substitutions, neither side could add to the scoreline. Saltash had done enough to go through and while they celebrated at the full-time whistle, it was evident one man out there was hurting from missing that crucial spot-kick. Such are the fine margins of cup football!

Attendance 224, pity there weren’t more there to witness and enjoy a closely fought out encounter.

A good weekend of fixtures at last with some entertaining games, very much missed over the festive period. Great win for Dobwalls doing “a Millbrook” on Millbrook. Sounds like a cracker between Blazey and Liskeard, another tough test passed by Liskeard with Harvs getting another great performance under his belt👏. The big cup tie between Saltash and Helston leaving Dane with a big grin and poor Bowks missing a pen, always horrible when that happens but I’m sure he’ll smash plenty more goals this season. Bodmin scoring a cracker in the last minute to get a much needed 3 points after loosing at Penryn recently, slowly creeping back up the table. The Falmouth train keeps steaming on, Wadebridge battle back to gain a point against an improving Godolphin, Lanson get a well deserved 3 points and Wendron quietly go about there business into the Semi’s. On the East side a goal scoring feast at the Mill with 12 goals for Torpoint and RR and Curtis having there own private battle with 4 goals each.

Such a shame Parkway couldn’t hold on for a massive Giantkilling but with the whole of the southwest behind them they certainly did the club proud. Truro getting a very good away win in London to see themselves creeping up the table with plenty of games in hand.

Blinkers on in my opinion Dave Deacon, but then again you are going to show your allegiance to Helston,

Saltash were much the better of the two teams playing all of the football, with Helston playing hoofball up 

to the lump Bowker who is most overly rated. The best player on the field by a country mile was Sam Hughes

who ran the two lumps of defenders ragged all afternoon.

20 minutes ago, tizcornish said:

Blinkers on in my opinion Dave Deacon, but then again you are going to show your allegiance to Helston,

Saltash were much the better of the two teams playing all of the football, with Helston playing hoofball up 

to the lump Bowker who is most overly rated. The best player on the field by a country mile was Sam Hughes

Have to agree.  Saltash always looking to play from the back and into midfield while helstons one and only tactic was to hammer it into the channel for the ‘limited’ bowker to chase.  

For me the debate has been settled, Saltash the far superior football team. 

I have to say Helston have some very good players but I question if these Hoofball tactics really gets the most out of the tools at Steve Massey’s disposal. Id hate to be a midfielder in his team. 

I know they had players missing ( so did saltash)but If yesterdays team is what you get after all the money spent on that team i do hope he’s kept the receipt. 

i noticed young finlay harrison played for bodmin yesterday, the lad started at callington went to truro,then saltash, now bodmin, the lad is only 17 , and has had four clubs this season,he needs to settle , or someone is giving  him the wrong advice ?.......... as  for saltash v helston  the best team won, i was slightly surprised how poor helston  was

21 minutes ago, tamar.man said:

i noticed young finlay harrison played for bodmin yesterday, the lad started at callington went to truro,then saltash, now bodmin, the lad is only 17 , and has had four clubs this season,he needs to settle , or someone is giving  him the wrong advice ?.......... as  for saltash v helston  the best team won, i was slightly surprised how poor helston  was

Word yesterday was he’s simply cup tied 

11 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Pretty spot on report Bob 👍️  Cracking game to watch, played at 100mph, some big tackles flying in! Thought the officials done a good job on the whole, not the easiest game to officiate wouldn’t have imagined! Blazey were missing Giler at the back and Jordy Dingle in the middle and of course Laffs in the dug out so can take plenty of positives from the game, the 16 year old sub Rio Garside looks a talent for the future 👌 great to see a healthy 200+ crowd at Blazey again and the ground in great condition, well done to Paul, Amos and their gang! Liskeard looked really classy 1st half, loads of pace and defence splitting passes and I’d bet on them to finish runners up come May. Sorry Bob! Camels 3rd maybe! 👍🤔😁. Credit to both teams fitness as well, were non stop from minute 1 to 90. What local footie is all about!  £7.50 cheap entertainment for 2 hours! Great programme by the way Paul 👏🏼 Congrats to both teams and the officials for your good performances this afternoon. Great stuff 👏🏼👍👌

Rappo - Camels have thrown away too many points recently  (mainly due to player unavailability) to look at second place. The aim was top 5 and that is still realistic - between them St Blazey, Wendron and Dobwalls for that, so no complaints from me. Having seen all the league teams play Liskeard deserve 2nd - although they have a tough remainder of the season, good young team, who if they stick together will be a real force next season. I was impressed with St Blazey’s young players (a bit naive at times across the back against pace) but plenty to work on - with the players they have recently lost and Jordy not playing was a huge loss, which cost them the first half and in reality the game. 

Well deserved win for Dobwalls. I am a Millbrook fan and their performance yesterday was really disappointing well below how they can play. 

From the start Dobwalls bossed Millbrook and the midfield and forwards dominated. Millbrooks defence made some terrible clearances and let Dobwalls run through them. Chris in goal will want to forget that performance 

Millbrook looked tired, unorganised and lacked desire. Kicking long balls and hoping for the best  is not how they play??? Millbrook did not turn up and no one played well. Congratulations Dobwalls and you could go far in the cup 

I think if helston could have somehow held onto the players they  lost they be a formidable outfit now. . You can’t afford to lose the quality players they have and not have a dip in form. . Bowker was really effective  playing with tucker around him. . I’m not sure him and veil work as well  

Massey will have to make signings as the squad won’t be good enough for what helston want to achieve. 

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

I think if helston could have somehow held onto the players they  lost they be a formidable outfit now. . You can’t afford to lose the quality players they have and not have a dip in form. . Bowker was really effective  playing with tucker around him. . I’m not sure him and veil work as well  

Massey will have to make signings as the squad won’t be good enough for what helston want to achieve. 

Dan Jennings to Helston ?

Torpoint Athletic 12-0 Stoke Gabriel & Torbay Police

SWPL Premier Division East

Torpoint Athletic started 2022 in clinical fashion as they brushed aside bottom team Stoke Gabriel and Torbay Police with Curtis Damerell and Ryan Richards helping themselves to four goals each in this rout at The mill on Saturday afternoon.

The match was only four minutes old when the hosts took the lead. John Heveran’s superb long cross into the area found Ryan Richards to lay the ball on to Curtis Damerell to coolly finish from 8 yards.

On the quarter hour mark, the home side doubled their advantage when Mike Lucas shot home from 15 yards in off the post after some good build up play by Torpoint.

Then four minutes later Ryan Richards got his first goal of the afternoon when he headed home Damerell’s cross to extend the lead further.

On the 24th minute John Heveran headed home Torpoint’s fourth goal in a crowded area from a Charlie Hardcastle corner to make the match out of reach of the visitors already. 

Just after the half hour mark, the hosts scored their fifth goal, when a one two interchange of passes with Damerell and Sam Hillsonwith Damerell clinically finishing from eight yards.

On the 38th minute more pressure from the home side with a great cross in by Paul Heveran to find Richards finishing from inside the bar.

In the final minute of the first half Ryan Richards completes his hat trick with another clinical finish.

Right on the half time whistle the visitors had a rare chance when Colin Pritchard had a one on one with home keeper Jason Peters to fire the ball inches wide.

Four minutes into the second half the home side was right on the goal scoring again when Richards shot home from 12 yards with his fourth goal of the afternoon after Callum Thompson laid the ball on.  

On the 65th minute another rare chance for the visitors when Rob Heaps shot just over the cross bar from 18 yards.

On the 71st minute Torpoint substitute Gary Hird crossed the ball into Damerell to side foot the ball home from close range for his hat trick.

Five minutes later the home side hit double figures when Damerellshot home with his fourth of the afternoon from 15 yards with more good build up play.

On the 78th minute Callum Thompson shot home from close range after his initial shot was parried by visiting keeper Sam Wells.  

Finally on the 80th minute Darren Hicks headed home a Paul Heveran corner to complete the scoring.

Torpoint Athletic: J. Peters, P. Heveran, D. Hicks, M. Lucas (S. West 56), S. Hillson, J. Heveran, C. Thompson, A. Edwards (G. Hird 56), C. Damerell, R. Richards, C. Hardcastle.

Subs not used: L. Kershaw, C. Holder, O. Haslam.

Bookings: S. Hillson 89.

Torpoint’s Scorers: C. Damerell 4, 33, 71, 76, M. Lucas 16, J. Heveran 24, R. Richards 19, 38, 45, 49, C. Thompson 78, 

D. Hicks 80.

Stoke Gabriel & Torbay Police: S. Wells, L. Godwin, J. Barber (O. Coldwell 45), C. Hammond, K. Coleman, T. Kempson, E. Jones J. Bridges 45), M. Vanstone, C. Pritchard, R. Heaps, S. Vanes.

Subs not used: Z. Norton, J. Aldous.

Bookings: None

Referee: Thomas Anstice-Mitchell (Plymouth)

Att124

MOM:Curtis Damerell (Torpoint Athletic)

18 hours ago, Xanie25 said:

Well deserved win for Dobwalls. I am a Millbrook fan and their performance yesterday was really disappointing well below how they can play. 

From the start Dobwalls bossed Millbrook and the midfield and forwards dominated. Millbrooks defence made some terrible clearances and let Dobwalls run through them. Chris in goal will want to forget that performance 

Millbrook looked tired, unorganised and lacked desire. Kicking long balls and hoping for the best  is not how they play??? Millbrook did not turn up and no one played well. Congratulations Dobwalls and you could go far in the cup 

I agree with your comment Xanie25, Dobwalls were up for the challenge from the start and looked hungry.

Millbrook played the long ball from the back time after time with very little effect. Dobwalls looked dangerous every time they ventured forward and were well worth their one goal lead at the break with a well hit strike from Jordan?.

Millbrook did try and play football at the start of the second half and were level when only the linesman seem to think that the ball was over the line. There was no mistaking the the goal they scored to take the lead. At that point they seemed to switch off content to protect their lead maybe?

Once Ray Spear had levelled the scores the hosts dominated and put constant pressure on the Millbrook goal.

A well taken corner was met at the near post and headed across the goal to see Danny Zallick head home at the far post.

The game was put to bed late on when a fired up Kelvin Fyneboys rounded a number of defenders to slot the ball past the keeper.

All in all it was a well deserved result which sees Dobwalls in the Semi final draw with Wendron. Falmouth and Saltash.

4 hours ago, The Observer__ said:

Interesting to see that the saltash v Helston game had a 4th official! 

not ideal when there is a well publicised ref shortage 

Given the profile of the game, the referee in charge was and the poor relationship between the 2 managers; a 4th official (who isn’t an active referee) was very much needed.

This appointment wouldn’t have meant another game had no official as the 4th official is usually an observer and wouldn’t have taken charge of a game anyway.

On 16/01/2022 at 00:26, RAPPO said:

Their young sub was Rio Ward .. think you are confusing him with 20 year old Rio (Garside) that plays for Truro/Parkway Rappo x 

3 hours ago, FootballChat said:

Given the profile of the game, the referee in charge was f the game and the poor relationship between the 2 managers; a 4th official (who isn’t an active referee) was very much needed.

This appointment wouldn’t have meant another game had no official as the 4th official is usually an observer and wouldn’t have taken charge of a game anyway.

A 4th official 😂

did they also have a bloke sat in the Saltash football club kitchen watching a tv acting as a Video assistant for VAR 

On 16/01/2022 at 11:14, tizcornish said:

Having just watched the highlights... And I can only base it on this... Helston if anyone edged it....... 

Bowker actually looked good. 

I know highlights only tell some of the story but I would say a draw wdve been fair. 

BUT as ever.... If you score more.. You win

39 minutes ago, Footy follower said:

Having just watched the highlights... And I can only base it on this... Helston if anyone edged it....... 

Bowker actually looked good. 

I know highlights only tell some of the story but I would say a draw wdve been fair. 

BUT as ever.... If you score more.. You win

Highlights are 5 mins long!

I was at the game and the right team went through.  All those sat around me would say the same too.