Taunton Town                 3-1         Wimborne Town

Walton Casuals               0-0         Farnborough

Weston-super-Mare      3-0         Kings Langley

Yate Town                        2-1         Harrow Borough

Buildbase FA Trophy, 4th Round proper

Spennymoor Town     3-1     Plymouth Parkway

48 minutes ago, Devils@Dusk said:

Hendon 0-2 Truro City

Good game and a worthy three points for Truro. Goalless, but entertaining, first half in which both sides probably felt they should have been on the scoresheet. City asserted themselves in the second half with a James Richards header from a free kick, and a cute Tyler Harvey finish with a cross shot. They were undoubtedly aided though by Hendon going down to nine men after two dismissals. The second was a bit Keystone cops by a pretty poor referee, it looked to me (and the Hendon fans) that it was his fellow Truro player that headbutted Richards, and not an opponent. There was no melee that you would expect in a situation like this preceding the decision, and no real protestations after (what looked to be) a referee's complete cocktail up. Strange.

Whether Truro can push onto the play offs I'm not sure, but Paul Wotton does a brilliant job keeping them competitive.  They always have a chance with a front two as good as Rocky Neal and Harvey, while a defence with Richards at it's heart and James Hamon in goal won't concede many.

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 15 January 2022
On 15/01/2022 at 18:58, Way Of The Park said:

Good game and a worthy three points for Truro. Goalless, but entertaining, first half in which both sides probably felt they should have been on the scoresheet. City asserted themselves in the second half with a James Richards header from a free kick, and a cute Tyler Harvey finish with a cross shot. They were undoubtedly aided though by Hendon going down to nine men after two dismissals. The second was a bit Keystone cops by a pretty poor referee, it looked to me (and the Hendon fans) that it was his fellow Truro player that headbutted Richards, and not an opponent. There was no melee that you would expect in a situation like this preceding the decision, and no real protestations after (what looked to be) a referee's complete cocktail up. Strange.

Whether Truro can push onto the play offs I'm not sure, but Paul Wotton does a brilliant job keeping them competitive.  They always have a chance with a front two as good as Rocky Neal and Harvey, while a defence with Richards at it's heart and James Hamon in goal won't concede many.

I can't work out why Truro are so inconsistent this season. For the squad they've got, you can't help but feel they should be doing better.

On 17/01/2022 at 11:32, Jacob-Englefield1 said:

I can't work out why Truro are so inconsistent this season. For the squad they've got, you can't help but feel they should be doing better.

Me neither. Second time I've seen them this season, they were were pretty poor in the 3-1 defeat at Chesham. On the face of it, the spine is pretty strong and the quality of players and management is very good. Possibly the staccato nature of the campaign with so many postponements hasn't done them many favours.  Listening to Cam Wheldon on the podcast very week, sounded like their early season performances were better than the results (if that makes sense).

On another note, nothing but praise for the dozen or so Truro City fans that were at Hendon on Saturday. They made a racket right through the match and never stopped singing, equalled the much vaunted F-Troop in terms of enthusiasm and dedication (dread to think what time they got back home that night).

On 15/01/2022 at 17:20, sportsman10 said:

Sounded like a cracking game up at spennymoor. Just the 2nd half pressure from a much more experienced team  told in the end. but parkway cab be massively proud of what they have achieved 

And, courtesy of Spennymoor, we got to see the highlights on their YouTube channel. Considering that Parkway film all the matches at Bolitho, still think that not doing the Sunday evening highlights package is a golden opportunity missed in terms of marketing and promoting the club.