Cornwall Football Forum

What's the biggest local derby in Cornwall?

Guest Blue_Dude-(^_^)

Guest Blue_Dude-(^_^)

I haven't got a clue myself!

But would be interested to know your thoughts.

St. Blazey were really good i seem to remember!

Maybe St. Blazey and Truro? :c:

Guest crosser

I would say that due to the new league set up most of the traditional top league derbys have now gone, sure Falmouth Truro is probably the biggest cornish derby but exactly how often does that now take place??

the old traditonal league derby's Torpoint v Millbrook, Bodmin v Wadebridge, St Blazey v St Austell, Falmouth v Truro are now a thing of the past, probably (stand to be corrected on this one) the only traditional league derby now is Liskeard v Saltash.

For any true derby action you are now waiting on cup draws a sad state of affairs in my eyes

Guest Blue_Dude-(^_^)

[quote name='Blue_Dude-(^_^)' post='42023' date='Mar 7 2008, 07:47 PM']

st just v pendeen was aways a good one :P:c:

Is that pic in your profile portman road by any chance?

all du respect mate but of course it is!!!

why would he have ipwich written in the corner!!

Guest Dermot

Newquay V Godolphin, Could be a big fixture next season if The G get promotion to the SWPL. :smiley20:

St Agnes V Perranporth. Grampound V Probus. Foxhole V St Dennis. I have Reffed all of these fixtures,and can assure you there was never a dull moment. ;0) :wacko:

To me one of the biggest Derby matches in Cornish football is between two of the oldest mining villages in Cornwall.

Carharrack AFC v St Day AFC

A guaranteed explosive match and anyone who has played in this one will tell you this true. I have played for both sides and know that if you dont commit to tackles in this game you going to get hurt.

It would be great if Carharrack could one day get back into the Combo league and play our rivals once again who have done well over the years to get senior status.

St Day twinned with Baghdad :)