Cornwall Football Forum

Best in the league at Christmas?

On 15/12/2021 at 20:44, BrummyBarry said:

These are always pretty fun Name your best player, manager, supporter and ref (cant leave them out) in the league running up to christmas. 

Best goalkeeper jamie blatchford 

Best Defender joe gill & Harvey Barrett 

Best Midfielder Taylor Gerry/kieran Prescott/ Harry hopcroft

Best attacker kieran ryall Henry bunning close 2nd

Best ref Gary Cornish 

Best manager Steve Manuel 

Best support st Austell reserves 

Best ground torpoint 

Best team st dominick 

Just now, BrummyBarry said:

Thanks Gary as your the only person to have replied. Are these mainly east players as I dont recognise many of their names im based in Penzance so only really get around the west

Yes, sorry Barry I’ve only seen the east teams in action this year apart from mullion who’s number 11 was very good but can’t judge off of one game. Thought I’d get the ball rolling with my picks. 

Unfortunately, as like Gary I have only seen the East teams play other than the odd West game. Maybe someone else based in West can give their thoughts on that division. 

Best Goalkeeper - Ashley Clelland 

Best Defender - Frazer Ferris-Brettell

Best Midfielder - Callum Brown 

Best Attacker - Kieran Ryall, Cameron Patterson, Henry Bunning. 

Best Ref - William Annear and David Green

Best Manager - Hard to split the managers of both St Dominick and Saltash Borough as both teams are flying, I doubt many  would of thought these two would be in the position they are in half way through the season. 

Best Support - Hard to split most of the teams as no one really gets massive numbers through the gates, best I've seen was a Saltash United Res game early in the season. 

Best Ground - East: Launceston or Torpoint   West: St Day

Best Team - Saltash Borough & St Dominick (Again hard to split these two as both remain unbeaten in the league) 

I’ve not been to a huge amount of games so far this season as I’m usually watching SWPL but from what I’ve seen:

Best goalkeeper Morgan Coxhead (Truro) or Barrie Wyatt (Illogan)

Best Defender Jack Carron (Sticker) or Ryan Corey (St Dominic)

Best Midfielder Steve or Luke Abbott-Smith (Illogan & St Day)

Best attacker Kieran Ryall (St Dominic) or Cameron Irish (Hayle)

Best ref Marc Rose

Best manager - in terms of motivating players and getting results - St Dominic or Bude managers. 

Best support - St Day have a good following in the west from what I’ve seen

Best ground - Mousehole Development - Trungle Park is by far the best ground in the county these days

Best team - the table doesn’t lie. St Day in the west and St Dominic in the east.

5 minutes ago, FootballChat said:

I’ve not been to a huge amount of games so far this season as I’m usually watching SWPL but from what I’ve seen:

Best goalkeeper Morgan Coxhead (Truro) or Barrie Wyatt (Illogan)

Best Defender Jack Carron (Sticker) or Ryan Corey (St Dominic)

Best Midfielder Steve or Luke Abbott-Smith (Illogan & St Day)

Best attacker Kieran Ryall (St Dominic) or Cameron Irish (Hayle)

Best ref Marc Rose

Best manager - in terms of motivating players and getting results - St Dominic or Bude managers. 

Best support - St Day have a good following in the west from what I’ve seen

Best ground - Mousehole Development - Trungle Park is by far the best ground in the county these days

Best team - the table doesn’t lie. St Day in the west and St Dominic in the east.

As a relative newcomer in the west I've seen Illogan play once and thought they were a good team, their keeper was decent and pulled off a few good saves. They also had a few decent midfielders aswell. I was at Trungle Parc last week and thought it was brilliant for a Cornish club.I haven't seen St Day yet so Ill venture to watch them soon 

3 hours ago, BrummyBarry said:

As a relative newcomer in the west I've seen Illogan play once and thought they were a good team, their keeper was decent and pulled off a few good saves. They also had a few decent midfielders aswell. I was at Trungle Parc last week and thought it was brilliant for a Cornish club.I haven't seen St Day yet so Ill venture to watch them soon 

Very much worth a trip to St Day. I’d be surprised if they’re not a step 6 club in the not to distant future.

Not sure if the crowd is the same for every game but certainly anything involving a local derby or top of the table clash is well attended.