Cornwall Football Forum

Sticker Ladies 2 Liskeard 3

Liskeard Through

Sticker Ladies 2-3 Liskeard

High flying Liskeard were Sticker’s visitors in the Cornwall Ladies Cup on Sunday with the SWWL side coming out on top in a keenly fought contest. Liskeard took an early and deserved lead and for twenty minutes dominated proceedings, but Sticker got to grips with the higher-than-normal tempo and equalised through Tori Marks. The home side then had a spell of good possession but found the Liskeard defence well drilled and adept at getting the ball early into the wide areas where Liskeard were quick to counter their hosts. The second half was tough for Sticker having to defend for long periods facing a stiff breeze but managed to keep Liskeard out until they were awarded a hotly disputed penalty which was riffled past Brogan O Brien in the home goal. Sticker showed real character to draw themselves level late into the game when Marks raced through to slot the ball past the advancing keeper only for Liskeard to get back in front almost immediately. The final embers of this well contested match saw Sticker’s Marks fire narrowly wide, Captain Lauren Bennett missing a good chance and Jodie Smith’s header coming back off the cross bar, but it was Liskeard who went through to the next round at the final whistle. “Liskeard had a bit too much for us on the day said a reflective Andy Hoskin. We were not at our sharpest today but credit to Liskeard for taking the heat out early on with a lot of possession when we had the wind advantage. We were doing a lot of running but my players never stopped trying and I was proud of their never say die attitude”

Star player for Sticker was keeper Brogan O Brien with a string of fine saves.       

Team: B.O'Brienm A.Robinson, L.Bennett,J.Smith, N.Barros, J.Martin, A.Richards, M.Albury, D.Hay, A.Trudgeon, T.Marks. Sub: K.Nancarrow,   

Well done Sticker who it seems gave their higher level opponents a good game, and well done Razor61 for yet another report on your teams fixture.
However there must be other teams who could file a report on this forum, and not only increase the support for their club, but also for the Ladies game in general.
Here's a challenge girls, nominate a different player to write a report each week so that interest in the ladies game is increased !
Keep up the good work Razor61, we'll pop down there to see a game before too long, or we may even see you over at Callington  next Sunday.
Best of luck to all teams in all leagues and MERRY CHRISTMAS!.

4 hours ago, razor61 said:

Liskeard Through

Sticker Ladies 2-3 Liskeard

High flying Liskeard were Sticker’s visitors in the Cornwall Ladies Cup on Sunday with the SWWL side coming out on top in a keenly fought contest. Liskeard took an early and deserved lead and for twenty minutes dominated proceedings, but Sticker got to grips with the higher-than-normal tempo and equalised through Tori Marks. The home side then had a spell of good possession but found the Liskeard defence well drilled and adept at getting the ball early into the wide areas where Liskeard were quick to counter their hosts. The second half was tough for Sticker having to defend for long periods facing a stiff breeze but managed to keep Liskeard out until they were awarded a hotly disputed penalty which was riffled past Brogan O Brien in the home goal. Sticker showed real character to draw themselves level late into the game when Marks raced through to slot the ball past the advancing keeper only for Liskeard to get back in front almost immediately. The final embers of this well contested match saw Sticker’s Marks fire narrowly wide, Captain Lauren Bennett missing a good chance and Jodie Smith’s header coming back off the cross bar, but it was Liskeard who went through to the next round at the final whistle. “Liskeard had a bit too much for us on the day said a reflective Andy Hoskin. We were not at our sharpest today but credit to Liskeard for taking the heat out early on with a lot of possession when we had the wind advantage. We were doing a lot of running but my players never stopped trying and I was proud of their never say die attitude”

Star player for Sticker was keeper Brogan O Brien with a string of fine saves.       

Team: B.O'Brienm A.Robinson, L.Bennett,J.Smith, N.Barros, J.Martin, A.Richards, M.Albury, D.Hay, A.Trudgeon, T.Marks. Sub: K.Nancarrow,   

Was that you with the clip board razor61 ?

5 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Was that you with the clip board razor61 ?

No I keep it all stored up in my head! With a little help from the manager Andy Hoskin for the girls names! I was standing to the right of the dug out in the first half! Second half half I was outside the clubhouse in the sun and out of the wind!

9 hours ago, We Two said:

Well done Sticker who it seems gave their higher level opponents a good game, and well done Razor61 for yet another report on your teams fixture.
However there must be other teams who could file a report on this forum, and not only increase the support for their club, but also for the Ladies game in general.
Here's a challenge girls, nominate a different player to write a report each week so that interest in the ladies game is increased !
Keep up the good work Razor61, we'll pop down there to see a game before too long, or we may even see you over at Callington  next Sunday.
Best of luck to all teams in all leagues and MERRY CHRISTMAS!.

I did talk the team captain Lauren Bennett and suggest she look at the forum and make some comments!

We looked on the Full Time site to confirm that the match Callington Ladies v Sticker Ladis was on before we travelled a 30 mile round trip to see the game.

Full Time showed it to be on, ( still does at the moment ) only to arrive there and find that the match had been called off and our journey wasted.
If Full Time can't be trusted to give correct information for a Sunday ladies game ( ladies games are on Sundays ) maybe they should have a recap on who is responsible for posting the information that we thought we could rely on.

14 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

I think so Dave but there seems to be a time lag between getting the info and putting it on the site.

Not sure I understand Monsoon.

Surely as soon as the game is called off, a representative of the home club tells whoever is responsible for updating and that person immediately  logs it on full-time/whole game?

2 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Always better to check the teams twitter accounts for news rather than FA Full Time.

Although we don't usually use a twitter account we did try the Callington website twitter account and the last use we could find on there was in 2019.
However if we had known that Full Time was unreliable we would have checked the Sticker ( the away team ) website which shows the game as being postponed.
Ah well, live and learn, and it did give us the opportunity to pay a visit to friends en route home.

15 minutes ago, We Two said:

Although we don't usually use a twitter account we did try the Callington website twitter account and the last use we could find on there was in 2019.
However if we had known that Full Time was unreliable we would have checked the Sticker ( the away team ) website which shows the game as being postponed.
Ah well, live and learn, and it did give us the opportunity to pay a visit to friends en route home.

One for the future We Two,Callington have a new twitter account @CTFCWomen

On 12/12/2021 at 19:17, We Two said:

Sorry you had a wasted journey We Two I posted that the game was off as soon as our secretary informed me, as you probably know I try to update the Sticker website  asap.

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/12/2021 at 21:27, razor61 said:

Sorry you had a wasted journey We Two I posted that the game was off as soon as our secretary informed me, as you probably know I try to update the Sticker website  asap.

We had intentions of coming down to Sticker for either the St Austell match on Saturday, or the ladies game on Sunday, but the weather decided otherwise, and thanks to the early information on your website we were saved a fruitless journey.          Thanks Razor61 your help is appreciated, we now look forward to a rearranged match later in the season.

2 hours ago, We Two said:

We had intentions of coming down to Sticker for either the St Austell match on Saturday, or the ladies game on Sunday, but the weather decided otherwise, and thanks to the early information on your website we were saved a fruitless journey.          Thanks Razor61 your help is appreciated, we now look forward to a rearranged match later in the season.

Only too pleased to be of assistance We Two. You must make yourself known to me the next time you visit as it would be good to talk to you. You only have to ask anyone behind the bar and ask for Ray the website man!