Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Saturday 4 December 2021

Liskeard v falmouth

Liskeard totally outplayed Falmouth for the majority of 1st half. 

Game plan was obviously to attack the 2 centre backs who are very slow(comparatively).. And Rowe.. Aplin... Lorenz.. With woods in behind did just this. 

A couple of, in my opinion, errors by the lino stopped Liskeard possibly adding to their tally. Not shocking errors so not having a go at the lino. 

2nd half was a completely different story.... An unimpressive  Falmouth suddenly showed why they are destined for the league with a powerful display. 

Jack Bray Evans... A worker every time I see him but runs like he's in quicksand. 

Ref had an excellent game.. Remains calm at all times. 

Over the 90 mins a draw would have been fair BUT Falmouth took their chances 

2 minutes ago, FootballChat said:

I’ve actually never refereed a game that Kyle has been involved in. I retired long before he came to prominence.

I have travelled across the county watching a game or two every weekend for the last decade though and have seen enough of your lad to form an opinion in his attitude and demeanour. Poor parenting perhaps? 😉

I’ve also watched almost all of that St Blazey squad in multiple occasions over the last few years so my opinion isn’t based on one game.

Poor parenting 🤣🤣🤣

🎣🎣🎣🎣 I will have a word with his Mother . 
And if I ever find the milkman I will have a word with him too 👍

4 minutes ago, BlazeyFan90 said:

Why would he? I would assume all SWPL players are being paid some sort of wage. To single a player out of a squad I feel is extremely sad and very bitter. Of course you’re entitled to your own opinion, but you seem to give one every week on a specific player, manager or club? Perhaps unfortunately for Kyle he was in your firing line this week?

Now as an ‘ex official’ I also find this behaviour a little strange as I feel you should know better than to slate on here? Especially with all the backlash officials receive on and off the pitch. I see players weekly argue and disagree with match officials but this doesn’t just happen in the SWPL does it? It happens everywhere, so once again I can’t quite understand why you’re selecting a specific player out for this? You clearly state you didn’t watch today’s game so how can you comment on their performance? If anything I feel Penryns manager could have been a little kinder to the match officials after his second or third warning? So it’s not just the players is it? And I cannot condone that Blazey are perfect because our lot can be just as bad. 

Familier maybe, but I feel until you know the players on a personal basis and watch them week in week out, does your opinion actually count? 

I think I’ve mentioned 3 players over the last week or so, one comment was rather tongue in cheek and another stating the obvious that a player is playing below their ability level.

Why is it that an ex-official is criticised for talking about a player yet it’s a weekly occurrence that match officials are slated with little reprieve?

Just now, MARKSY said:

Poor parenting 🤣🤣🤣

🎣🎣🎣🎣 I will have a word with his Mother . 
And if I ever find the milkman I will have a word with him too 👍

Please don’t take offence to that Marksey, is was very much tongue in cheek. 

1 minute ago, FootballChat said:

I think I’ve mentioned 3 players over the last week or so, one comment was rather tongue in cheek and another stating the obvious that a player is playing below their ability level.

Why is it that an ex-official is criticised for talking about a player yet it’s a weekly occurrence that match officials are slated with little reprieve?

Bitter Bitter Bitter 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I don’t suppose your Ebonezer in disguise keyboard warrior it is the right month for it .
You should be pleased it’s only the ghost of Xmas past visiting you 😊 

Hi,,, not posted for a while but would like to say the following.

Great to see the game played at lux park today after the atrocious weather we have had.

Liskeard didn't take their chances in the first half but this was in part due to some great defending by the away team and a bit if good luck 

The officials were spot on in 95% of their decisions.

Falmouth didn't run out of steam and kept working relentlessly, especially the spine from front to back.

The F troop were brilliant and respectful as well as dignified in their win.

Well done all.

MQ

4 minutes ago, FootballChat said:

Having a sour opinion on three players in one week I can assure you is not healthy.

Because as an ex official you should know better than anyone how sometimes opinions and comments can be taken in the wrong context. You’re contradicting yourself here. You haven’t really answered any of my previous comments so I feel this argument between yourself and I is quite pointless. I don’t tend to argue with retired match officials, it’s just not me 😳

8 minutes ago, FootballChat said:

Football chat , you could spend all night writing & I won’t take offence to any of it because unlike you people know who I am , I’m Marksy I have an opinion & im sure many hate it but I will always say it like I see it , lots of times I’m probably wrong but I have an opinion & unless Dave Deacon I presume thinks it’s in bad taste it would be removed now you 

can read & like it or you can be like you & send your thoughts across . 
I will however start by saying I posted a score today & that was it . No write up nothing but now because of all this abuse I probably won’t sleep tonight not my usual 8 hrs anyway I will probably have to have 9 to let my fingers recover .

As for my son because he’s probably the only thing you can dig at me for , if you found him obnoxious when you saw him playing perhaps you need to speak to every single player that has ever donned a shirt because no one in my opinion has never not had a , but ref , hey ref , what ref situation .

As for slating refs yep I’ve abused them as a player , manager , spectator, still told the ref today to get on with the bloody game ( he did ok though  tough level) 

Are we not allowed to say it in here , is this not where you tell the story of the game the ref the player , as I recall Rappo slated here a few weeks back !!! Did you defend Rappo , did you slate Rappo !!! 
You get off to bed now Football Chat you’ve had a tough night . 
Anytime you fancy a pint pop over & say hello I be at Blaise park every home game unless my son leaves for more money in the Trelawney league ( his real standard ) or Laffs tells him to do one when Will tinsley gets back from injury .

Ps Your  be buying but at least you’ll have a mate for 10 mins 👍

1 hour ago, Footy follower said:

Liskeard v falmouth

Game plan was obviously to attack the 2 centre backs who are very slow(comparatively).. And Rowe.. Aplin... Lorenz.. With woods in behind did just this. 

A couple of, in my opinion, errors by the lino stopped Liskeard possibly adding to their tally. Not shocking errors so not having a go at the lino. 

2nd half was a completely different story.... An unimpressive  Falmouth suddenly showed why they are destined for the league with a powerful display. 

Jack Bray Evans... A worker every time I see him but runs like he's in quicksand. 

I don’t agree, I thought Falmouth were well worth the win. Granted Liskeard were the better in the first half, but In the second and overall, Falmouth were physically and mentally stronger and had more desire. I was impressed with both teams today, credit to Liskeard for their consistent efforts to play good football, but ultimately the more the pitch got heavier, then the more it cramped their style. Every time I have seen Falmouth, they always seem to have a switch off period. Today, they got that out of the way after conceding in the first minute, from then onwards I always felt they looked ok and capable of taking whatever a very good home side threw at them. 

1 hour ago, RAPPO said:

Yeah think he slated me as well if I remember rightly Marksy!! 😂😂👍  Wind up merchant mate, great judge of a footballer by the sounds of it as well!!? 🤔🙄😳 Not worth the time of day mate 🙄🙄

Hopefully with the time of the year, a few more on here might become full of the Christmas cheer! Got to admit I'm fed up with so many depressing moaners! :)

26 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

Couldn’t agree more Deacs!! If you got nothing nice to say, don’t say it! I’m sure we never had so many on here talking crap years ago!?  🤡 And a merry xmas to all 👍

Saw you having selfies with fans today........ Wish I'd seen you play as I love a goalscorer.. And you seem a top bloke too 

1 hour ago, Joe1970Johnson said:

I don’t agree, I thought Falmouth were well worth the win. Granted Liskeard were the better in the first half, but In the second and overall, Falmouth were physically and mentally stronger and had more desire. I was impressed with both teams today, credit to Liskeard for their consistent efforts to play good football, but ultimately the more the pitch got heavier, then the more it cramped their style. Every time I have seen Falmouth, they always seem to have a switch off period. Today, they got that out of the way after conceding in the first minute, from then onwards I always felt they looked ok and capable of taking whatever a very good home side threw at them. 

I thought Falmouth did show they have the metal and mental strength to win when not at their best. Very shaky 1st half and probably got away with it but obviously the manager did or said something half time to change that so fair play to them for that. 

Liskeard also played very well.. But especially 1st half. 

Both teams.. And the ref.. Deserve great credit for giving a good show on a very heavy pitch

Thanks mate, always tried to treat people as I’d like to be treated myself, tried to stick to that motto as much as possible over the years!  Basically made a career of just hanging around the box, the closer I was to their goal, the happier I was really! Good summing up, thought Liskeard came flying out the traps and looked really dangerous first half hour and could have been 2 or 3 up but Falmouth took over a bit after that and I thought they pretty much dominated the second half going downhill with Liskeard still a threat on the break. Two very good sides who put on a decent show despite the really heavy pitch. Not sure about JBE running in quicksand though? He looked pretty quick to me when he outpaced the defender and clattered that shot against the foot of the post! 👏🏼️  Maybe I’m biased looking through my Town tinted glasses but fair result over the 90 minutes I thought 👍💛🖤🤓

7 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Lovely kind words from you about the G Bobjfh the G are rebuilding and next season should be a good season got the new goalie coming in as well as James Baker and also a top striker arriving soon  so all looking good at the G ,really good to see you Bobjfh and talk to someone is passionate about there team ,i thought your manager pulled off a masterstroke by introducing his subs mainly Ryan Downing and Andy Boxall they turned the game great club great people like here at the G people who care about there club and the way its run Has anyone got the team list of the Camelford team this  afternoon cant find it anywhere i looked on there website hoping i could msg them and ask for the team list but theres no where you can do that .I will edit and sort out the photo i took tis afternoon and upload them on the CORNISH SOCCER SITE ON FACEBOOK tmmrw 

Delighted to see smokie today 

6 hours ago, Mark Jones said:

Some photos from Liskeard. Official attendance 200-300 ?

0A9F4F8D-9FC3-4425-B23E-B0F5AFB39C7D.jpeg

B15D42D5-EA95-4E3F-98A1-DB18FAF01B57.jpeg

7D6D672F-7E16-4795-8A6F-25260367DABC.jpeg

8C877D2E-E616-46A2-8CAF-551E2D2FE2F2.jpeg

Official attendance yesterday 318 ,average liskeard attendance this season 97 .

10 hours ago, Footy follower said:

Liskeard v falmouth

Think every player on the pitch was running in quick mud yesterday to be fair .🤔

Falmouth went to the only other unbeaten side away from home and did a job. Liskeard were dangerous down the left hand side in the 1st half and were dangerous throughout on the counter attack, but Falmouth had a lot of opportunities especially towards the end when Liskeard were chasing, at times trying to over complicate things in front of goal when a shot would have been the better option. 

Jack Bray Evans tussle with Liskeards number 5 was one of the best parts of the game for me, a bit old school between the pair, no moaning, getting up after hard but fair challenges and Jack running his socks off.  

Its a poor league with these 2 sides head and shoulders above the rest, not the greatest ground to watch a game in the rain. 

44 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Looking at how many Falmouth people there that wasn't the F Troop that was the F Patrol.

The rest were sensible and stayed home.

Whether F Troop or F Patrol, I don't think Liskeard will mind as one of their biggest ever SWPL home league attendances. Well done everyone who challenged the weather to turn up and watch. Lots of neutrals there watching as well. 👍

16 hours ago, MARKSY said:

Hi Bob , popped in Asda had a cheeky salad sandwich with 6 bars of chocolate & 4 cokes then watched a half decent game with 6 goals in it to be fair Penryn first goal was a nice   Strike but scrappy with pitch cutting up a bit in the end . 
Ref did ok & both linos were superb especially the young lady who made some very clear offsides when the exact time was right . 
Kyle never scored mate played right back previous two games for Will Tinsley & today right wing back .
Loving his time at Blazey with a manager who not only knows the game but makes it clear what he wants . 
Hope your well Camels 🐪 flying pal 👍

Unfortunately, I could only watch the first half of the game today which was a shame as it was an enjoyable first half - I did come away thinking that I couldn’t believe that St.Blazey were behind at halftime because of the amount of pressure they had but I think that it was a combination of the final ball into the box and good Penryn defending that kept Penryn ahead. It did look set up for a good second half.

JBE may look slow due to his running technique but he certainly is not. also the best player in the league by a mile. Top player, great guy, family man. Deserves to win league and think he’ll go with Truro next season if they can afford him. He’s business man off the pitch earning almost 6 figures from a sales job from what he told my son, good 2 see young man have it all.

46 minutes ago, Cornishfootyfanatic said:

JBE may look slow due to his running technique but he certainly is not. also the best player in the league by a mile. Top player, great guy, family man. Deserves to win league and think he’ll go with Truro next season if they can afford him. He’s business man off the pitch earning almost 6 figures from a sales job from what he told my son, good 2 see young man have it all.

So he earns almost 100 grand but you're not sure if Truro can afford him? Will he be pushing for the extra tenner 😂

Oh and I do rate him.. Just always think he looks slow

1 hour ago, Cornishfootyfanatic said:

No doubting JBE is a very talented footballer, but to say he is ‘the best player in the league by a mile’ is ridiculous, there  are far more consistently performing players out there who deserve better recognition. On what basis does  he ‘deserves to win the league’. ? He looks slow, because he is slow, not because of any ‘running technique’. I like watching Falmouth, JBE is equally as good on the eye, but to elevate him to superstar level as you have is over the top imo. 

It would be a good idea if some contributers followed their own advice and lightened up a bit, it appears that a difference of opinion is still interpreted as slating anothers point of view of a situation.
An opinion unless attached to a named person is just that and should be respected by others as such.
We don't live under the rule of a dictatorship YET!

Maybe Jack is not the fastest due to him bulking up his size but hes slim down a lot , he is 1 of the best players i have seen he use to carry Newquay on his own and now they are suffering since hes left. I have always said Jack was too good for the sw league and would of been going to Truro but he was happy at Newquay with all his mates .I wish Jack all the best at Falmouth but i wander how many of those lads will stay with Falmouth when they are promoted i think half of the team wont fancy all the travelling cant blame them middle of winter wet and cold night going up to Bristol .Falmouth are a fantastic team to watch got them in the New Year playing Newquay Twice that will be the chance for JBE to shine and no doubt he will I have ofen wandered why he hasnt had trials with Plymouth Argyle on his day hes unplayable .

1 hour ago, We Two said:

It would be a good idea if some contributers followed their own advice and lightened up a bit, it appears that a difference of opinion is still interpreted as slating anothers point of view of a situation.
An opinion unless attached to a named person is just that and should be respected by others as such.
We don't live under the rule of a dictatorship YET!

Absolutely spot on, I'm sure a few will be on the "you can't say that" train 

On 05/12/2021 at 11:14, Treff said:

Falmouth went to the only other unbeaten side away from home and did a job. Liskeard were dangerous down the left hand side in the 1st half and were dangerous throughout on the counter attack, but Falmouth had a lot of opportunities especially towards the end when Liskeard were chasing, at times trying to over complicate things in front of goal when a shot would have been the better option. 

Jack Bray Evans tussle with Liskeards number 5 was one of the best parts of the game for me, a bit old school between the pair, no moaning, getting up after hard but fair challenges and Jack running his socks off.  

Its a poor league with these 2 sides head and shoulders above the rest, not the greatest ground to watch a game in the rain. 

You should join me in the tree next time. Plenty of room under my umbrella. 

Boy evans looked sluggish. Could do with a haircut.  

Jack Bray Evan is class. Every week he's getting fitter, stronger and quicker. He's already played 10 games i think and has almost scored a goal a game, not bad for someone who has recently returned from injury? Wait till he gets really fit!!

With Jack, Luke Brabyn, Alex Wharton, Ollie Walker, Jack Bowyer, Timmy Nixon and Luke Barner all competing for places when available our goal threat is really top notch.

Great game Saturday against Liskeard, Town finished the stronger and were well worth the 3 points. Onto Wadebridge this Saturday at Bickland Park who beat us last year, nothing will be taken for granted. UTT.