Torridgeside         P-P     Axminster Town

WEST

Godolphin Atlantic (Newquay)       3-4     Camelford

Liskeard Athletic     1-3     Falmouth Town

Newquay                          3-1                  Sticker

Penryn Athletic                 2-4     St Blazey

Wendron United                3-2    Dobwalls

MATCH OF THE DAY: Liskeard v. Falmouth.

At the risk of venturing into the territory of the prediction League, how does everyone think this one will play out. Probably Falmouth's biggest league game for many years.  Liskeard with home advantage. Falmouth win - 10 points clear. Liskeard win - 4 points behind Falmouth with a game in hand.

Long way to go in the season but still a real six-pointer.  

Hopefully a big crowd for such a big game.

Think it may be to quote Rappo a "Desmond" at 2-2.

2 hours ago, Joe1970Johnson said:

Pitch inspection scheduled for 9 in the morning. 

That's a decent time, at least if it's not on can keep the dear of her happy and go Xmas shopping 🙄

32 minutes ago, FootballChat said:

What’s the weather been like up there? Any indication on how the pitch is looking?

I think the whole of Cornwall has been wet. 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 4 December 2021

Dont know if this is the right place to post my report of todays match the  Godolphin vs Camelford   i was waiting to see if anyone else wrote a report of a match but no one as so hear goes . This is a match the G threw away they went 1 -0 up from Matty Walker after Camelford goalie could only parry the ball out to Matt who couldnt miss, it wasnt long before the brilliant Bobby Hopkinson equalised ,the G where playin really well with new signing from Wadebridge Callum Bertrand having a fine game on his debut .Mark GUSTERSON put Camelford 2-1 up then the G scored twice more through Josh Pope and Matt Saunders to leas 3-2 then like the G ssem to do they threw the win away and conceded 2 late goals through Andy Boxall and Cam Patterson , I think it was a brilliant bit of management by Reg to bring on his subs nd they changed the game and it was a brilliant piece of good management . On a bitte rly cold afteroon both defences where poor but we had a goal bonanza,it was nice talking to Ed Harrisons Dad and Smokie says thankyou for his biscuits .The ref and his assistants all did well only the most dedicated football fan braved the cold and hails but we love our football .My MOM for the G Callum Bertand and for Camelford im going for Bobby Hopkinson brilliant fooballer he sees a pass when no one else can .Great to be out watching a match trying to forget abou the bloody pain in my back from Kidney Stones . Have a good week everyone ,hoping Argyle can beat Rochdale tmmrw lookin forward to watching that on tv live 

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Dont know if this is the right place to post my report of todays match the G VS Godolphin i was waiting to see if anyone else wrote a report of a match but no one as so hear goes . This is a match the G threw away they went 1 -0 up from Matty Walker after Camelford goalie could only parry the ball out to Matt who couldnt miss, it wasnt long before the brilliant Bobby Hopkinson equalised ,the G where playin really well with new signing from Wadebridge Callum Bertrand having a fine game on his debut .Mark GUSTERSON put Camelford 2-1 up then the G scored twice more through Josh Pope and Matt Saunders to leas 3-2 then like the G ssem to do they threw the win away and conceded 2 late goals through Andy Boxall and Cam Patterson , I think it was a brilliant bit of management by Reg to bring on his subs nd they changed the game and it was a brilliant piece of good management . On a bitte rly cold afteroon both defences where poor but we had a goal bonanza,it was nice talking to Ed Harrisons Dad and Smokie says thankyou for his biscuits .The ref and his assistants all did well only the most dedicated football fan braved the cold and hails but we love our football .My MOM for the G Callum Bertand and for Camelford im going for Bobby Hopkinson brilliant fooballer he sees a pass when no one else can .Great to be out watching a match trying to forget abou the bloody pain in my back from Kidney Stones . Have a good week everyone ,hoping Argyle can beat Rochdale tmmrw lookin forward to watching that on tv live 

Bleddy hell 100% kidney stones with everything else! One day you'll feel better I'm sure...get well soon buddy.

Here's a bone for Smokie. 

🦴

13 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

You would be as Laffs has managed to find a place for your boy.... at Right Back 🤣🤣

But with the biggest budget in the division, he's not happy. 

🤣🤣Here he is The Towny when Gilby leaves your probably be watching Blazey as there won’t be a Bodmin town 🤣🤣🤣🤣

25 minutes ago, Southwest football fan said:

Good win for Blazey, but seems like they needed Penryn to be down to 10 to grind out the result. Some tipped Blazey at the start, but in reality they mediocre really. 

5 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

You would be as Laffs has managed to find a place for your boy.... at Right Back 🤣🤣

But with the biggest budget in the division, he's not happy. 

Ut oh, que the Penryn die hard committee comments. I wasn’t going to bother commenting on the this tonight as I thought it was a fair win for Blazey, but seeing as the daft comments are spiralling out of control I thought I’d put my two pennies worth in. 

The Penryn red card came after the current draw of 2-2, so a fair amount of goals and battling at this point, it just so happened that Penryns manger began losing his head a little at this point which probably rubbed off on his players losing theirs. You can’t blame Penryn going 10 men down for Blazeys win, that’s ludicrous. 

Marksy’s boy has played right back for the last 3 games covering an injured Will Tinsley, i think you’ll find Laff’s plays him on merit as he doesn’t have his favourites. Biggest budget in the division? And who’s not happy? Could you clarify please. 

Minus the weather i thought it was a very enjoyable game?

1 minute ago, BlazeyFan90 said:

Ut oh, que the Penryn die hard committee comments. I wasn’t going to bother commenting on the this tonight as I thought it was a fair win for Blazey, but seeing as the daft comments are spiralling out of control I thought I’d put my two pennies worth in. 

The Penryn red card came after the current draw of 2-2, so a fair amount of goals and battling at this point, it just so happened that Penryns manger began losing his head a little at this point which probably rubbed off on his players losing theirs. You can’t blame Penryn going 10 men down for Blazeys win, that’s ludicrous. 

Marksy’s boy has played right back for the last 3 games covering an injured Will Tinsley, i think you’ll find Laff’s plays him on merit as he doesn’t have his favourites. Biggest budget in the division? And who’s not happy? Could you clarify please. 

Minus the weather i thought it was a very enjoyable game?

Penryn manager losing his head .sorry can't  believe it .😁🤣😂

14 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Dont know if this is the right place to post my report of todays match the G VS Godolphin i was waiting to see if anyone else wrote a report of a match but no one as so hear goes . This is a match the G threw away they went 1 -0 up from Matty Walker after Camelford goalie could only parry the ball out to Matt who couldnt miss, it wasnt long before the brilliant Bobby Hopkinson equalised ,the G where playin really well with new signing from Wadebridge Callum Bertrand having a fine game on his debut .Mark GUSTERSON put Camelford 2-1 up then the G scored twice more through Josh Pope and Matt Saunders to leas 3-2 then like the G ssem to do they threw the win away and conceded 2 late goals through Andy Boxall and Cam Patterson , I think it was a brilliant bit of management by Reg to bring on his subs nd they changed the game and it was a brilliant piece of good management . On a bitte rly cold afteroon both defences where poor but we had a goal bonanza,it was nice talking to Ed Harrisons Dad and Smokie says thankyou for his biscuits .The ref and his assistants all did well only the most dedicated football fan braved the cold and hails but we love our football .My MOM for the G Callum Bertand and for Camelford im going for Bobby Hopkinson brilliant fooballer he sees a pass when no one else can .Great to be out watching a match trying to forget abou the bloody pain in my back from Kidney Stones . Have a good week everyone ,hoping Argyle can beat Rochdale tmmrw lookin forward to watching that on tv live 

100% - good to see you and Smokie at the game, probably the only highlight from a bitterly cold windy day. I would say Camelford were poor but that would be taking away from the G’s who were good. The game came down to Camelford having better players and not liking to loose - The G’s once ahead (deservedly) looked a little like ‘rabbits in a headlight’ as not used to it and did not know how to see a game out. I think Adam and Josh are doing a fantastic job and have no doubt they will take this G team to contenders next season - supported as always by Tania. 

Good luck to the G’s - Camels took the points which is probably fair as they have thrown away points this season and the footballing gods eventually level things out. I would agree with your G’s mom but have reservations about the Camels mom - pointless abuse of the referee costs the whole team on 50/50 decisions. 

13 minutes ago, FootballChat said:

Kyle Marks is stealing a wage in the SWPL. Says a lot that he’s had to resort to RB to get a game.

Too many egos and not enough talent in that St Blazey side.

🤣🤣🤣🤣I tell you what he’s never had so much money 💰 

2 minutes ago, mattelot said:

Penryn manager losing his head .sorry can't  believe it .😁🤣😂

🤣🤣🤣🤣

30 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

Marksy - any match reports mate - did Spud score? Nice salad before the game? 

Hi Bob , popped in Asda had a cheeky salad sandwich with 6 bars of chocolate & 4 cokes then watched a half decent game with 6 goals in it to be fair Penryn first goal was a nice   Strike but scrappy with pitch cutting up a bit in the end . 
Ref did ok & both linos were superb especially the young lady who made some very clear offsides when the exact time was right . 
Kyle never scored mate played right back previous two games for Will Tinsley & today right wing back .
Loving his time at Blazey with a manager who not only knows the game but makes it clear what he wants . 
Hope your well Camels 🐪 flying pal 👍

27 minutes ago, FootballChat said:

Kyle Marks is stealing a wage in the SWPL. Says a lot that he’s had to resort to RB to get a game.

Kyle doesn’t need me to stand up for him but what an absolutely stupid comment. One of the best young players in the league who would start in most if not all teams in the league. Was surprised to see him at RB (where he has played before) but shows he can play anywhere - a real bonus. 

Liskeard Athletic 1-3 Falmouth Town

No doubt Town’s boss Andy Westgarth will be more than happy that his team came away from this one with a win, even though their title challenging opponents took a very early lead!

Conditions were of course tricky for both sides with it a combination of being more than soft underfoot while during the afternoon at times there was a very strong wind to put up with at Lux Park.

For anyone but a Falmouth supporter, the game needed Liskeard to score first and that they did when James Rowe squeezed his shot in at the near post.

The Blues proceeded to take the game to their opponents with James Lorenz having an effort disallowed, not long before Nick Aplin headed over.

As the half went on though Falmouth were having more possession and confirmed they were back in the contest with an unmarked James Ward heading in a Dave Broglino corner in the 37th minute.

There was still time before the break for Aplin to get in an shot which Falmouth’s ‘keeper Ryan Barnes knocked away with his feet.

The destiny of the three points proved to be decided in the opening ten minutes of the second half.

Alex Wharton on the left found Luke Barner, who with his back to goal was allowed to turn and then shoot with the ball seemingly going over Luke Gwillam’s right hand.

Town increased their lead on 55 minutes with a trademark free-kick from Broglino ending up in the back of the hosts net after shaving the upright.

In worsening, but playable, conditions Liskeard’s best chance to get back into the match came in the 69th minute when the ref gave the Blues a penalty after Barnes was adjudged to have brought Lorenz down. 

The striker took the penalty himself with Barnes making amends by saving the spot kick and with that, Falmouth never looked like losing their lead and left Lux Park with certainly one hand on the league champions trophy and of course their 100% league record unscathed.

Final word goes to well done to the ref who I thought managed the game well - Devon Campbell.

1 hour ago, FootballChat said:

Going by your previous comments on previous topics you seem to be a bit bitter regarding players and their clubs. Did you attend today’s game against Penryn or do you go by other peoples comments? It’s just you seem to watch and have an opinion on many leagues and games I’m surprised you know anything about Blazeys ‘egos’ and ‘talents’. 

Out of interest who’s passing on ‘wage’ information to you? 

48 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

100% - good to see you and Smokie at the game, probably the only highlight from a bitterly cold windy day. I would say Camelford were poor but that would be taking away from the G’s who were good. The game came down to Camelford having better players and not liking to loose - The G’s once ahead (deservedly) looked a little like ‘rabbits in a headlight’ as not used to it and did not know how to see a game out. I think Adam and Josh are doing a fantastic job and have no doubt they will take this G team to contenders next season - supported as always by Tania. 

Good luck to the G’s - Camels took the points which is probably fair as they have thrown away points this season and the footballing gods eventually level things out. I would agree with your G’s mom but have reservations about the Camels mom - pointless abuse of the referee costs the whole team on 50/50 decisions. 

Thank you Bob. Hearing this kind of thing is needed sometimes. We are at the start of a long term project and the development from when we took over to now is already substantial. 

6 under 18 and only 2 over 25 today, competing and arguably deserving to beat one of the top teams in the league. Credit to Camels they knew how to get over the line when we couldn’t hold out, but couldn’t be prouder of the lads and the performance today. 

People shouldn’t judge Godolphin on this season, maybe not even next. But judge us in 3/4 seasons time, when we’ve been together, developed into the style of team we aim to be and really built the culture we want at the football club.

At 24 ourselves me and Josh are learning as we are going, the future has the potential to be very very bright at Godolphin Way

2 minutes ago, BlazeyFan90 said:

Going by your previous comments on previous topics you seem to be a bit bitter regarding players and their clubs. Did you attend today’s game against Penryn or do you go by other peoples comments? It’s just you seem to watch and have an opinion on many leagues and games I’m surprised you know anything about Blazeys ‘egos’ and ‘talents’. 

Out of interest who’s passing on ‘wage’ information to you? 

I have no wage info, but assume Kyle isn’t playing for free. In my opinion, which I’m entitled to, he is extremely over rated and isn’t worth any kind of wage.

Having seen him play in games ranging from Trelawny, St Piran and SWPL, I’ve never seen him stand out as a good player. 
it may well be that I’m a bad omen for him and he’s actually very capable, I can only base my opinion on what I’ve seen first hand. However, as an ex-official, I can certainly see that his attitude towards match officials needs some improvement. Hostile and arrogant are the words that spring to mind.

I’ve seen St Blazey once this season but am very familiar with a large amount of the squad. There’s seems to be a running theme that the players think they’re 5/6 years younger than they actually are.

1 minute ago, FootballChat said:

I have no wage info, but assume Kyle isn’t playing for free. In my opinion, which I’m entitled to, he is extremely over rated and isn’t worth any kind of wage.

Having seen him play in games ranging from Trelawny, St Piran and SWPL, I’ve never seen him stand out as a good player. 
it may well be that I’m a bad omen for him and he’s actually very capable, I can only base my opinion on what I’ve seen first hand. However, as an ex-official, I can certainly see that his attitude towards match officials needs some improvement. Hostile and arrogant are the words that spring to mind.

I’ve seen St Blazey once this season but am very familiar with a large amount of the squad. There’s seems to be a running theme that the players think they’re 5/6 years younger than they actually are.

Ohh so he gave you a few words back one day whilst you were reffing 🤣🤣🤣🤣get over it you sound a very bitter man.

So your judging an entire squad in one game you’ve seen & believe they all think there 5/6 years younger than what they really are !!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣This is so class I have really missed decent banter on here which obviously does not apply to you 🤣🤣

So please explain when they are on the field from your 1 Game viewed what it is you saw that made you think that they believe they  are 5/6 years younger . 

If you ever played the game which as an official you probably never because you were officiating  , in the changing room you would of definitely got **** of the day for that comment 

Honestly hilarious 😂 

Lovely kind words from you about the G Bobjfh the G are rebuilding and next season should be a good season got the new goalie coming in as well as James Baker and also a top striker arriving soon  so all looking good at the G ,really good to see you Bobjfh and talk to someone is passionate about there team ,i thought your manager pulled off a masterstroke by introducing his subs mainly Ryan Downing and Andy Boxall they turned the game great club great people like here at the G people who care about there club and the way its run Has anyone got the team list of the Camelford team this  afternoon cant find it anywhere i looked on there website hoping i could msg them and ask for the team list but theres no where you can do that .I will edit and sort out the photo i took tis afternoon and upload them on the CORNISH SOCCER SITE ON FACEBOOK tmmrw 

7 minutes ago, FootballChat said:

Why would he? I would assume all SWPL players are being paid some sort of wage. To single a player out of a squad I feel is extremely sad and very bitter. Of course you’re entitled to your own opinion, but you seem to give one every week on a specific player, manager or club? Perhaps unfortunately for Kyle he was in your firing line this week?

Now as an ‘ex official’ I also find this behaviour a little strange as I feel you should know better than to slate on here? Especially with all the backlash officials receive on and off the pitch. I see players weekly argue and disagree with match officials but this doesn’t just happen in the SWPL does it? It happens everywhere, so once again I can’t quite understand why you’re selecting a specific player out for this? You clearly state you didn’t watch today’s game so how can you comment on their performance? If anything I feel Penryns manager could have been a little kinder to the match officials after his second or third warning? So it’s not just the players is it? And I cannot condone that Blazey are perfect because our lot can be just as bad. 

Familier maybe, but I feel until you know the players on a personal basis and watch them week in week out, does your opinion actually count? 

2 minutes ago, MARKSY said:

Ohh so he gave you a few words back one day whilst you were reffing 🤣🤣🤣🤣get over it you sound a very bitter man.

So your judging an entire squad in one game you’ve seen & believe they all think there 5/6 years younger than what they really are !!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣This is so class I have really missed decent banter on here which obviously does not apply to you 🤣🤣

So please explain when they are on the field from your 1 Game viewed what it is you saw that made you think that they believe they  are 5/6 years younger . 

If you ever played the game which as an official you probably never because you were officiating  , in the changing room you would of definitely got **** of the day for that comment 

Honestly hilarious 😂 

I’ve actually never refereed a game that Kyle has been involved in. I retired long before he came to prominence.

I have travelled across the county watching a game or two every weekend for the last decade though and have seen enough of your lad to form an opinion in his attitude and demeanour. Poor parenting perhaps? 😉

I’ve also watched almost all of that St Blazey squad in multiple occasions over the last few years so my opinion isn’t based on one game.