Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League - 27 November 2021

• Richard Chown changed the title to TRELAWNY LEAGUE - Saturday 27th November 2021

PREMIER DIVISION

Camborne SoM               4-3         Ludgvan Reserves

Constantine                     0-6         Stithians

Threemilestone               P-P         Mawnan Reserves

Troon                                3-3         Praze-An-Beeble

West Cornwall                 8-1         Newlyn Non-Athletico

DIVISION ONE

Chacewater                      P-P         St Buryan

RNAS Culdrose Res         0-1         St Day 3rds

Rosudgeon Reserves      P-P         Frogpool & Cusgarne

St Erme                             P-P         Redruth United Reserves

DIVISION TWO

Falmouth United             P-P         Holman Sports Club Reserves

Frogpool & Cusg Res      1-9         Wendron United 4ths

Goonhavern Ath Res      P-P         St Ives Town Reserves

St Ives Mariners              0-3         New Inn Titans

DIVISION THREE

Dropship                          6-0         Lizard Argyle Reserves

Lanner                               P-P         Constantine Reserves

Mullion 3rds                    P-P         Troon Reserves

Probus                              5-0         Carharrack

Stithians Reserves           0-9         St  Agnes 3rds

DIVISION FOUR

Ruan Minor                      3-1         Dropship Reserves

St Just Reserves               A-A        Helston Raiders

Wendron United 5th      2-2         Perranporth Reserves

St Just Res 6-1 Helston Raiders after 70+ mins (kicked off early). Hearing the stand in ref called a quick break after a hail storm, once it stopped he asked both teams to resume, but Helston refused to come out and said they will just take the loss?

Plymouth 1-1, reckon both sides would struggle in Trelawny Prem after that first half! 

Probus 5 (Ben Daniel, Tom Orpe, Josh Daniel, Adrian Majewski, Oscar Thomas-Donald) Carharrack 0

Trelawny 3

Big game for both unbeaten teams today. Unfortunately I couldn’t be at the game due to illness (man flu!) but thanks to @RAPPOfor the updates. I look forward to his match report and catching up with the Cornish football legend at the return fixture towards the end of the season (if there is a nicer person out there involved in local football then I’ve not met them!)

Troon reserves at home next week for us. 

T

Probus 5, Carharrack 0

The scorers you know. Long way to go for such an appalling game; appalling because of the gale. The better side won, but it was a terrible game as players struggled to cope with the wind. Probus adapted better. They must have won the toss as they played against the wind 1st half. At this level, players tire over 90 minutes in ideal conditions. To play second half against that wind would have been agony, I imagine. As a lad in London you could sometimes go a whole season without wind affecting a game; but this is Cornwall!

Bit of controversy over the 1st goal: against the wind, Probus took the lead in the 22nd minute. The ball was deemed to have crossed the line by the ref who was not even in the penalty area and he didn't consult the linesman. Bit demoralising for Carharrack. Probus defended in numbers, a solid red-and-white wall across their penalty area and Carharrack only had two attempts on target for the whole 40 minutes of the first half. Yes, the teams must have agreed to play 80 minutes due to the conditions.

In the second half I actually counted the Carharrack players at one point because there didn't seem to be as many of them defending against the wind as Probus had organised in the first half. This was really the difference. the other goals came on 44 (i.e.4 minutes into the second half), 62, 67 (initial shot well-parried by the 'keeper but only into the path of a forward following up) and the last goal was in the last minute.

By switching the fixture the game got played. Probus's level and wide pitch was well-drained and fairly okay; but it deprived  me of a sausage butty - and I couldn't even get a cup of tea! (Noticed Rappo had brought his own - including a china mug!).

There is an argument for postponing games in such high winds.

Haha thanks for the kind words Chris! Sorry to miss you today mate, hope you get well soon. You must be ill, can hardly ever remember you missing a match! 👏🏼️  Your excellent young team ran out worthy winners today with a great 2nd half display on a slippery boggy surface and the absolutely horrendous wind blowing straight up the pitch. Felt for the players out there if I’m honest. Carharrack having slightly the better of the 1st half with the elements (it was 6c when I got out the car, with the wind chill felt like about 2c! ) got to be honest I’ve watched warmer games in Scotland at xmas!! 🥶🥶 Mrs forgot her gloves as well and nicked mine after 10 minutes which didn’t help!! The hosts scored the only goal of the 1st half when the ref from 30/40 yards away adjudged the ball to have crossed the line without even consulting the linesman who was right up with play in line with it? 🤔 then proceeded to play a 40 minute 1st half and sin binned Carharrack manager Dario Pisano, one of the nicest lads you could meet, for 10 minutes at half time!! 🤔🤔 Won’t say anything else on the matter. 🤫🤫 Probus came flying out the blocks 2nd half and went 2-0 up within 3 minutes and played the wind to much greater affect than the visitors did all 2nd half and scored with some nice team moves and finishes to run out worthy winners with a last minute header from a corner to cap a convincing win at 5-0. Think I’ll leave it at that cos I’m bloody freezing and still thawing out and I don’t want my hot milky coffee to go cold!! Well done to Probus today, very good young team 👊🏼 Get well soon Chris, see you at the rematch hopefully mate 👍

PS) Really sorry Tom! You could have had a coffee mate, the Mrs made 2 flasks! I was a bit preoccupied with my boys injury, looked similar to my broken metatarsal about 25 years ago! Just hoping he ain’t done that, I only played 1 game in 14 months and still got a screw in my foot today mate! 😲😬 You would have had to drink out a Halifax Town mug as well Tom! 😁👍

1 hour ago, peggy78 said:

Was he playing as well? 

Don't think he can play at minute. Injured 

Constantine 0-6 Stithians

Treve Bale 2

Tom Pryor 2

Alex Hennessey 2

A win for us lifts us off the bottom, and another clean sheet. When you take your chances it makes a difference we took ours and Constantine wasted most of there's. Well reffed Steve Annis.

I'm now hearing Helston Raiders are complaining about getting battered 6-1 because it was bad weather and St Just had 2 first teamers (Neil Curnow and Ben George) playing.

Absolutely pathetic from a side who can't take a loss, with the stand in ref trying to do the best for both sides by postponing play for 10 miniues when the hail storm got too bad.

Shameful to put a report in to the league when 6-1 down after 75 mins, just take the loss and move on.

Just to confirm, St Just supplied a team sheet which Helston were not interested in. Helston also agreed to play the game, with the pitch in satisfactory condition with clearly marked lines. The audacity to refuse to come out and finish a game when 6-1 down with 20 minutes to go is outright disrespectful. Shameful behaviour. 

12 minutes ago, The Tinner said:

I'm now hearing Helston Raiders are complaining about getting battered 6-1 because it was bad weather and St Just had 2 first teamers (Neil Curnow and Ben George) playing.

Absolutely pathetic from a side who can't take a loss, with the stand in ref trying to do the best for both sides by postponing play for 10 miniues when the hail storm got too bad.

Shameful to put a report in to the league when 6-1 down after 75 mins, just take the loss and move on.

Just to confirm, St Just supplied a team sheet which Helston were not interested in. Helston also agreed to play the game, with the pitch in satisfactory condition with clearly marked lines. The audacity to refuse to come out and finish a game when 6-1 down with 20 minutes to go is outright disrespectful. Shameful behaviour. 

Are the Sunday and SATURDAY teams teh same as they had a game abandoned a few weeks ago 1750131259_Screenshot_20211127-205153_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.b5e7aac602581e3046f2619c16773eb6.jpg

Just now, BrummyBarry said:

Are the Sunday and SATURDAY teams teh same as they had a game abandoned a few weeks ago 1750131259_Screenshot_20211127-205153_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.b5e7aac602581e3046f2619c16773eb6.jpg

Wouldn't surprise me that Helston Raiders conduct was out of order. A formal complaint coming from St Just I'm hearing after such disrespectful behaviour to both the referee and the club. 

30 minutes ago, The Tinner said:

The raiders were very disrespectful against my club when we played them in pre season.

30 minutes ago, Richard Chown said:

So was the match classed as Abandoned?

I would say it’s up to the league committee with rule 20e (v)

The Management Committee shall review all Competition Matches abandoned in cases where it is consequent upon the conduct of either or both Teams. Where it is to the advantage of the Competition and does no injustice to either Club, the Management Committee shall order the score at the time of the abandonment to stand. In all cases where the Management Committee are satisfied that a Competition Match was abandoned owing to the conduct of one Team or its Club member(s) they shall award the points for the Match to the opponent. In cases where a Match has been abandoned owing to the conduct of both Teams or their Club member(s), the Management Committee shall rule that neither Team will be awarded any points for that Competition Match and it shall not be replayed. No fine(s) can be applied by the Management Committee for an abandoned” 

14 minutes ago, Pitty said:

I would say it’s up to the league committee with rule 20e (v)

The Management Committee shall review all Competition Matches abandoned in cases where it is consequent upon the conduct of either or both Teams. Where it is to the advantage of the Competition and does no injustice to either Club, the Management Committee shall order the score at the time of the abandonment to stand. In all cases where the Management Committee are satisfied that a Competition Match was abandoned owing to the conduct of one Team or its Club member(s) they shall award the points for the Match to the opponent. In cases where a Match has been abandoned owing to the conduct of both Teams or their Club member(s), the Management Committee shall rule that neither Team will be awarded any points for that Competition Match and it shall not be replayed. No fine(s) can be applied by the Management Committee for an abandoned” 

70+ minutes in and the team that is losing 6-1 refuse to come out for the rest of the game?

If the book isn't thrown at Helston Raiders because of this it's a shambles.

The next time a team is losing at half time may as well not come out if this isn't punished?? 

2 hours ago, BrummyBarry said:

The helston team are the same for saturdays and sundays

they had a game abandoned on a Sunday cos the manger threatened the ref after a helston raiders player had been sent off and then refused to pay the official. They were losing at the time so there is a trend 

they have had several bad reports throughout the seasoN even to the point where certain refs refuse to do their games

lets see if the league do anything about it though

12 minutes ago, mbkted said:

The helston team are the same for saturdays and sundays

they had a game abandoned on a Sunday cos the manger threatened the ref after a helston raiders player had been sent off and then refused to pay the official. They were losing at the time so there is a trend 

they have had several bad reports throughout the seasoN even to the point where certain refs refuse to do their games

lets see if the league do anything about it though

You should hear what they're saying to the league after they got panned by the better side!

Admittedly St Just 2s were full strength, but lose with dignity, actually unbelievable whats in their match report! 

5 minutes ago, The Tinner said:

You should hear what they're saying to the league after they got panned by the better side!

Admittedly St Just 2s were full strength, but lose with dignity, actually unbelievable whats in their match report! 

I would love to see that report

they are such sore losers it’s unbelievable 

st just absolutely pumped us, storm, twice and at no point did we blame anyone except us not being good enough

43 minutes ago, Tom Trust said:

I don't know what league it is but the results that Brummy Barry shows up above includes an interesting-looking one: Bodmin Dragons 0, Dropship 10. HT: 0 - 0. Was it a game of two halves?

Its from the Sunday League I think it will show a 0-0 score at half time if they don't put times of goals. I might be wrong I don't know 

46 minutes ago, BrummyBarry said:

Its from the Sunday League I think it will show a 0-0 score at half time if they don't put times of goals. I might be wrong I don't know 

I think it’s just down to not putting the times the goals went in on the full time app

i was at that game and it was definitely not 0-0 at half time