Cornwall Football Forum

Groundspeople

Last night's gale deposited 5 overflowing wheelbarrow loads of debris from the eucalyptus tree behind the stand at Penlee Park! Unfortunately, it was distributed across most of the pitch.

Following today's early kick-off, the pitch now looks like a herd of bullocks have had a party on it. Like many others, I'm sure, there's plenty to repair over the next week!

1 hour ago, John Mead said:

Last night's gale deposited 5 overflowing wheelbarrow loads of debris from the eucalyptus tree behind the stand at Penlee Park! Unfortunately, it was distributed across most of the pitch.

Following today's early kick-off, the pitch now looks like a herd of bullocks have had a party on it. Like many others, I'm sure, there's plenty to repair over the next week!

Thought it looked quite good all things considered.

To be fair A Fan it was only a couple of players that went to the darts I think and one of them is injured! Plus the Combo side who are going great guns had no game, so plenty of good players to pick from for the game. Excellent local ref Kev Knowles inspected the pitch and there was standing water and plenty of seagulls on it judging by Bakes photo on another thread. If you know Bakes he is too proud a man to postpone a game if it wasn’t necessary to be honest! Was just having a bit of a laugh like me & Deacs like to do on the podcast!! 😃 Thanks for listening by the way 👍

On 27/11/2021 at 16:57, John Mead said:

Mines the same, currently looking in a sorry state with rain in this weeks forecast, not sure we’ll get a machine on it this week?😩