Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City 1 Dorchester Town 0


Recommended Posts

Truro City 1 Dorchester City 0

'Manager speak' says clean sheet, three points and unbeaten run continues. 

The reality was a god awful game. Error strew, misplaced passes, lots of lumping the ball forward aimlessly. A close range Richards header on 10 mins 1-0. 13 mins a great shot from Neal looked destined for the bottom corner, but a great save by the visiting 'keeper. 10 from the end a vicious drive struck the post - the only shot on target I remember from Dorchester all night. Can't remember much else.

Crowd looked well under a 100. More noise from the players than the sombre crowd. An utterly soulless and cold evening. Worst game I've seen this season.

Only positive I can find is the TCFC programne a very fine effort.

More widely, Truro must be losing money hand over fist. How long can they sustain football away from the Duchy? Playing in front of such small crowds surely denudes City of any 'home' advantage and possibly holding this side back?

It will be so different at Bolitho on Saturday. Nonetheless, wish the White Tigers well for the rest of the season.

Edited by Both Sides of the Tamar
More accurate title
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Truro City 1 Dorchester City 0

'Manager speak' says clean sheet, three points and unbeaten run continues. 

The reality was a god awful game. Error strew, misplaced passes, lots of lumping the ball forward aimlessly. A close range Richards header on 10 mins 1-0. 13 mins a great shot from Neal looked destined for the bottom corner, but a great save by the visiting 'keeper. 10 from the end a vicious drive struck the post - the only shot on target I remember from Dorchester all night. Can't remember much else.

Crowd looked well under a 100. More noise from the players than the sombre crowd. An utterly soulless and cold evening. Worst game I've seen this season.

Only positive I can find is the TCFC programne a very fine effort.

More widely, Truro must be losing money hand over fist. How long can they sustain football away from the Duchy? Playing in front of such small crowds surely denudes City of any 'home' advantage and possibly holding this side back?

It will be so different at Bolitho on Saturday. Nonetheless, wish the White Tigers well for the rest of the season.

Given everything you have described above, incredible that they are still contenders for a play off spot. Should they reach them, Paul Wotton would be a contender for manager of the season. At the risk of being accused of "banging on" by one punter on here, a second season at Bolitho (which now looks inevitable) would be very difficult for the club. Wonder how the players and management would feel about sticking around for it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Attendance 84 which is a 30% increason last weeks 65

Argyle were at Home tho' and it looks like Parkway have done their homework on Argyle fixture clashes.

No news on the Langarth pitch development which appears The Pirates will be compensating the losses again for next season.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Way Of The Park said:

Given everything you have described above, incredible that they are still contenders for a play off spot. Should they reach them, Paul Wotton would be a contender for manager of the season. At the risk of being accused of "banging on" by one punter on here, a second season at Bolitho (which now looks inevitable) would be very difficult for the club. Wonder how the players and management would feel about sticking around for it.

 

It feels like the slow death of Truro City FC - the Plymouth residency hardly more successful than the stint in Torquay. Not for the first time agree with your comments WOTP.

I have I feeling I'll see both Elvis & Lord Lucan before TCFC get back to the Cornish capital. 😞

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mike Odgers said:

Attendance 84 which is a 30% increason last weeks 65

Argyle were at Home tho' and it looks like Parkway of done their homework on Argyle fixture clashes.

No news on the Langarth pitch development which appears The pirates will be compensating the losses for next season.

 

Guess the combination of Argyle at home, Champions League on TV, cold weather and yes, The Bake Off Final, had an impact. Dorchester are struggling in the league, so doubt they would have brought many.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

Attendance 84 which is a 30% increason last weeks 65

Argyle were at Home tho' and it looks like Parkway have done their homework on Argyle fixture clashes.

No news on the Langarth pitch development which appears The Pirates will be compensating the losses again for next season.

 

Around 12 of those were Dorchester. Add in a few PPFC who didn't go to Cinderford and there's a really small core of White Tigers fans. Sad.

7 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

Attendance 84 which is a 30% increason last weeks 65

Argyle were at Home tho' and it looks like Parkway have done their homework on Argyle fixture clashes.

No news on the Langarth pitch development which appears The Pirates will be compensating the losses again for next season.

 

What business, especially as rugby is Pirates core business, would continue to absorb losses ongoing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Around 12 of those were Dorchester. Add in a few PPFC who didn't go to Cinderford and there's a really small core of White Tigers fans. Sad.

What business, especially as rugby is Pirates core business, would continue to absorb losses ongoing?

As we head towards the 1st anniversary of the announcement of the plan to leave Treyew Road and ground share at Bolitho, would be good to get some sort of appraisal of progress from an official of Truro City/Cornish Pirates. To the onlookers it looks like none has been made, but we might be completely wrong. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

As we head towards the 1st anniversary of the announcement of the plan to leave Treyew Road and ground share at Bolitho, would be good to get some sort of appraisal of progress from an official of Truro City/Cornish Pirates. To the onlookers it looks like none has been made, but we might be completely wrong. 

The lack of tangible progress makes me worry for TCFC future. An update would be very welcome. Season 2 at Bolitho looking inevitable now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Truro City 1 Dorchester City 0

'Manager speak' says clean sheet, three points and unbeaten run continues. 

The reality was a god awful game. Error strew, misplaced passes, lots of lumping the ball forward aimlessly. A close range Richards header on 10 mins 1-0. 13 mins a great shot from Neal looked destined for the bottom corner, but a great save by the visiting 'keeper. 10 from the end a vicious drive struck the post - the only shot on target I remember from Dorchester all night. Can't remember much else.

Crowd looked well under a 100. More noise from the players than the sombre crowd. An utterly soulless and cold evening. Worst game I've seen this season.

Only positive I can find is the TCFC programne a very fine effort.

More widely, Truro must be losing money hand over fist. How long can they sustain football away from the Duchy? Playing in front of such small crowds surely denudes City of any 'home' advantage and possibly holding this side back?

It will be so different at Bolitho on Saturday. Nonetheless, wish the White Tigers well for the rest of the season.

 

What me off is we were all but up 2 seasons ago and then Covid this club about as hard as the end of Heaney's reign of terror

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Craze said:

 

What me off is we were all but up 2 seasons ago and then Covid this club about as hard as the end of Heaney's reign of terror

Don't remember anybody talking about Heaney's "Reign Of Terror" when they were winning leagues, promotions and experiencing FA Vase glory at Wembley.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 25/11/2021 at 09:28, Way Of The Park said:

Don't remember anybody talking about Heaney's "Reign Of Terror" when they were winning leagues, promotions and experiencing FA Vase glory at Wembley.

 

Yeah funny how opinions can change over time. Numpty.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

 

And a good evening to you Sir.

 

Well stop being facetious then. Most Truro fans understood we were getting into bed with someone who at some point would want something in return. No one foresaw losing the ground and almost being wound up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Craze said:

 

Well stop being facetious then. Most Truro fans understood we were getting into bed with someone who at some point would want something in return. No one foresaw losing the ground and almost being wound up. 

True. My heart sinks every time I drive past the old ground. What a sorry end for the City's club and what a fine little ground it could have been turned into. In a parallel universe, perhaps it is..........

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Truro City are not alone in attracting poor attendances in this league. While 84 were at their midweek game, other attendances elsewhere incuded 112, 136, 141, 165 and 169. Today's figures included 120. 124 and 165. Meanwhile " EFL on Quest" allows the casual follower of non-EPL football a helping of action without the discomfort of the wintery conditions.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tom Trust said:

Trouble is, I can't STAND the presenter: there's more minutes of chat involving him than there is of football highlights. I use YouTube for all the highlights. It carries footy from all over the world if you search for it.

A bit like match of the day then...more yap than a cows got titties! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...