Cornwall Football Forum

F Troop are great.... but....

Yesterday showcased all that is good about the FTroop. Immense numbers, great passion, noise, colour and lots of friendly fans within the support.

However, my partner was really upset yesterday by the selfishness of some. She has a disability, some restricted mobility and cannot walk or stand for long periods. When she goes to games with me we have to sit in the available seating area. Yesterday she could not see a thing as the Falmouth fans took over this area and stood for the whole game. This included the very front of the stand clearly marked 'no standing in this area'. I also know of another in his 80s who left the stand, maybe even the ground, because of this thoughtlessness. There was plenty of standing capacity yesterday at Homers Heath. Have a thought please for home (and away) fans who would like to see the game as much as you but rely on a seat for comfort, safety and visibility. I talked my other half into travelling up yesterday as we used to watch the Bucks regularly and we love the club. We went this game as I expected the FTroop to add to the occasion, not leave her feeling upset and disappointed.

C'mon Town fans. You were outstanding in support of your team, but please be mindful of others' needs too. Those with disabilities should be able to enjoy the game too.

7 hours ago, Footy follower said:

A polite request should not be needed. 

I agree Footy follower, a request shouldn't be needed. One of the first things I do when going to any event, is to see if I am obstructing someone else's view on arrival. However, I find it hard to believe that if such a request was made for fans to move so another fan was able to watch the match, that they would refuse. As I do know that the F Troop are a passionate bunch of supporters, but also a group where they include everyone!

3 minutes ago, Jacob-Englefield1 said:

I agree Footy follower, a request shouldn't be needed. One of the first things I do when going to any event, is to see if I am obstructing someone else's view on arrival. However, I find it hard to believe that if such a request was made for fans to move so another fan was able to watch the match, that they would refuse. As I do know that the F Troop are a passionate bunch of supporters, but also a group where they include everyone!

I've heard of it happening. Mostly at Premier League games. I've not heard of it at lower levels.

Both Sides of the Tamar: You should've asked a steward to help you out. Although, I imagine that it may have been a pretty intimidating situation. 

10 hours ago, Devils@Dusk said:

I've heard of it happening. Mostly at Premier League games. I've not heard of it at lower levels.

Both Sides of the Tamar: You should've asked a steward to help you out. Although, I imagine that it may have been a pretty intimidating situation. 

I did speak to club officials - some fans moved briefly but returned to standing at the front of the stand once play resumed after HT. I had to get a chair out of the clubhouse for my partner to sit on and we moved to behind the goal.

I'm happy to leave this subject now but I hope this is not repeated if Falmouth visit again, as they probably / hopefully will, in the WL.