Cornwall Football Forum

CORNWALL INTERMEDIATE CUP draw - Quarter Final stage

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Byron10 said:

St Dom should walk it really, Pissing that st pirans league. 

I'm manager of Penryn reserves (combination league), we went to St Dom with bare 11 earlier in the season & gave a good account, 1-1 at ht & lost 4-1 with them getting 3 penalties & us having a man sent. I know a lot of the Mullion players & they are better than us I'd say, factor in the travel from St Dom to Mullion, I'd imagine 1 or 2 won't fancy it or won't be able to get there I think it'll be a decent game. That being said the St Dominick game is the only game we have lost all season 

3 minutes ago, Glen Patterson said:

I'm manager of Penryn reserves (combination league), we went to St Dom with bare 11 earlier in the season & gave a good account, 1-1 at ht & lost 4-1 with them getting 3 penalties & us having a man sent. I know a lot of the Mullion players & they are better than us I'd say, factor in the travel from St Dom to Mullion, I'd imagine 1 or 2 won't fancy it or won't be able to get there I think it'll be a decent game. That being said the St Dominick game is the only game we have lost all season 

I don’t know that much about the combo but from the results I see and the teams I’ve previously played against from that league in cup comps/pre season games the st pirans and ECPL is a tad stronger (IMO) st Dom went up from the east Cornwall and will probably win the pirans league! Those boys have been playing together for 6+ years and most should be playing higher, having said that I don’t know anything about mullion but I think st cleer went down pre season and didn’t do bad against them and JC’s boys will probably finish 5/6 in the league this year so take from that what you want. Hopefully it’s a tight decent game! Too many big marginal results this year in all leagues. 

Mullion 1 St Dominic 0

Doms 18 match unbeaten run came to an end today against a tough opposition in the deep depths of Cornwall.
The first 20 was all Mullion and deservedly took the lead, through their pacey left winger. After that The Dom’s took control of the game, but mullion stayed strong and the score stayed 1-0 at half time. 
Second half we chucked everything at Mullion, and chances went begging, through some unlucky finishing and great defending/keeping. A mention to their captain who had a fantastic game at centre half.

A great game of football, with nothing really between the sides with The Dom’s probably shading the game, but as we all know goals win games.

Thanks to Mullion for hosting us, a new ground to tick off the list, with a well run and welcoming club house.

Good luck to them in the next round👍