Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Wednesday 3 November 2021

EAST

Cullompton Rangers       5-0             Sidmouth Town

WEST

Godolphin Atlantic (Newquay)   3-5             Dobwalls

St Dennis                             P-P           Newquay (waterlogged)

RGB CORNWALL SENIOR CUP

SECOND ROUND

Millbrook                             3-1              St Blazey

Godolphin 3- Dobwalls 5 This was a error filled match with both goalies having knightmares games you had Jordan Duffy gifting the 1st goal to the G when he misjudged a cross come shot from Matt Walker and somehow punched the goal into his own net but the G goalie had a shocker he stood there and watch a spectulive shot drop behind him and into the net and he just stood there rooted to the spot .The first 20 mins of the game the G i thought where really good and stand in centre half Gav Perraton was having a really good game , only trouble there was 70 more mins to go and i will say what i think i thought they where awful . Its a good job St Dennis are bottom because on this showing there is going to be a lot more hammerings to come for the G before the end of the season I can see where the poblem is but i will keep that to myself . Dobwalls played some really good players and in Kelvin Fyneboys they have 1 hell of a player he destroyed the G tonight and they couldnt cope with his running at them i thought he was brilliant . The G had severel players missing tonight and it showed but for 20 mins they where really good pity the ref didnt blow his whistle then  it wasnt to be its getting a bit like D ja vu from previous seasons dont think they will go down but i have heard a rumour that St Dennis maybe pulling out of the league then he G would be bottom . MY MOM FOR THE G HARD 1 SO I WILL GO WITH JOSH POPE AND FOR DOBWALLS WITHOUT DOUBT BEST PLAYER ON THE PITCH KELVIN FYNEBOY JUST CLASS the ref had a good game despite some niggly fouls . Think the G will have to  do what i had in my school report a lot must do better . I love the club love the people associated with it and the players are friendly as well but they dont seem to play good for a full 90 mins . Im off to Bodmin this Saurday to see should be  a cracker of a match when Falmouth turn up at Priory Park and not forgetting  the brilliant F Troop who im looking forward to seeing . My prediction for the match is 3-1 to Falmouth JACK BRAY EVANS to be mom .Ok Bye for now Forum Fans 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Wednesday 3 November 2021

Yep Millbrook certainly deserved to win this one as the visitors gifted them well really all three goals if I’m being honest.

Two of them coming in the first 10 minutes pretty much put an end to this cup tie producing any sort of shock.

If you forget the first two goals, St Blazey went on to be the better side in the first half but the third goal coming direct from a Tom Payne free kick in added on time at the end of the first half must have been a severe blow for any half-time team talk!

9 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Godolphin 3- Dobwalls 5 This was a error filled match with both goalies having knightmares games you had Jordan Duffy gifting the 1st goal to the G when he misjudged a cross come shot from Matt Walker and somehow punched the goal into his own net but the G goalie had a shocker he stood there and watch a spectulive shot drop behind him and into the net and he just stood there rooted to the spot .The first 20 mins of the game the G i thought where really good and stand in centre half Gav Perraton was having a really good game , only trouble there was 70 more mins to go and i will say what i think i thought they where awful . Its a good job St Dennis are bottom because on this showing there is going to be a lot more hammerings to come for the G before the end of the season I can see where the poblem is but i will keep that to myself . Dobwalls played some really good players and in Kelvin Fyneboys they have 1 hell of a player he destroyed the G tonight and they couldnt cope with his running at them i thought he was brilliant . The G had severel players missing tonight and it showed but for 20 mins they where really good pity the ref didnt blow his whistle then  it wasnt to be its getting a bit like D ja vu from previous seasons dont think they will go down but i have heard a rumour that St Dennis maybe pulling out of the league then he G would be bottom . MY MOM FOR THE G HARD 1 SO I WILL GO WITH JOSH POPE AND FOR DOBWALLS WITHOUT DOUBT BEST PLAYER ON THE PITCH KELVIN FYNEBOY JUST CLASS the ref had a good game despite some niggly fouls . Think the G will have to  do what i had in my school report a lot must do better . I love the club love the people associated with it and the players are friendly as well but they dont seem to play good for a full 90 mins . Im off to Bodmin this Saurday to see should be  a cracker of a match when Falmouth turn up at Priory Park and not forgetting  the brilliant F Troop who im looking forward to seeing . My prediction for the match is 3-1 to Falmouth JACK BRAY EVANS to be mom .Ok Bye for now Forum Fans 

Sounds like you all got value for money, I cannot see there being any relegation again this season as the west division only started the season with 17 teams and porthleven have already pulled out. The original aim was to run with 2 divisions of 20 so I assume there will be potential promotion for a number of St Pirrin and combinations teams should they chose to step up.

If this happens the lower leagues will again lose teams to east cornwall etc, The Duchy league had 5 leagues not so long ago and now they have 3.

It is no wonder that the standard in the so called senior leagues has dropped in recent seasons which maybe the reason that we have seen a number of established clubs fold?

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

It is no wonder that the standard in the so called senior leagues has dropped in recent seasons which maybe the reason that we have seen a number of established clubs fold?

The downfall of so called established clubs, is all too often related to paying out money and not being able to replace it.
Also there are several instances where clubs pay good money to their players, but unfortunately choose to overlook the abysmal state of the facilities on offer to the supporters who struggle to feel that they are an important part of their club!
In some of the highest populated areas in the S.W.P.L. support is just above 1% of the population, room for improvement there surely.

1 hour ago, Keith B said:

Do supporters and club reps, go out into the community seeking support and sponsors though ?

Exactly the problem Keith, and as any worthwhile commercial manager will tell you sposorship will depend heavily on two things, one:-  the sponsor has a genuine interest in sport in general or the club involved, or two:-, sponsorship is easier to obtain if the club has a good following of supporters who will in turn support the sponsor.
Relying on sposorship to maintain a clubs outgoings is a mistake, but is certainly necessary as a background income.

22 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Cant see St Dennis folding Steve as they have just installed expensive floodlights!

Wasnt disrespecting St Dennis at all they are a lovely club and i love going there the people there are so nice and friendly to me and Smokie when we go there .The G did have a good night that day and i thought it was the start of there revival looks like i was wrong but Adam and Josh are doing all they can to improve the team they havnt got a magic wand to get top players they are shopping in the bargain basket and Ed Timmons is a great signing .When i go to St Dennis i will have to wear dark snglasses and have a false beard see you soon St Dennis please dont lynch me from your goalposts ,Hope things do get better i saw you at St Austell and you played really well .Good luck for the rest of the season