Cornwall Football Forum

PENZANCE MANAGER

Following yesterday's home defeat Penzance manager Anthony Reynolds has decided to take a break from the game.

The committee and players thanked him for all the hard work behind the scenes especially in these difficult covid times.

The First Team fortunately have no game next weekend so applications are invited for the position in the first instance,in strict confidence, by contacting the secretary on 07754784140 or by email to christopherfarley@sky.comthank you 

Charlie Farley Penzance afc secretary 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to PENZANCE MANAGER
14 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Why would Andy Westgarth leave his fine Falmouth team and go to a team that is struggling ,the man i think should be given the job if he wants it is Mark Vercesi 

The original question from 100% Cornish was who would Penzance supporters like to see as manager. I replied. I would have said Harry Catterick but 99% of you would not know who he was, God rest his soul.

On 06/11/2021 at 23:14, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Lol...you wouldn't dare!

I would, you know. Coming from St Just, I would expect a higher standard of off-field support, admittedly. I think I could improve them by sending a weekly podcast they could put on in the dressing room, maybe featuring a few motivational tidings from Dale Vince now and then. Being banned from the ground would not make much difference. My voice can carry from Cirencester.

On 09/11/2021 at 19:46, isaac rosenberg said:

I would, you know. Coming from St Just, I would expect a higher standard of off-field support, admittedly. I think I could improve them by sending a weekly podcast they could put on in the dressing room, maybe featuring a few motivational tidings from Dale Vince now and then. Being banned from the ground would not make much difference. My voice can carry from Cirencester.

Just little truths to make them smile,like: "What's the difference between Boris Johnson and a flying pig ?"     

Just now, isaac rosenberg said:

Just little truths to make them smile,like: "What's the difference between Boris Johnson and a flying pig ?"     

THE LETTER F !

16 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Whoever was at the helm their fortunes didn't change on the weekend away at St. Austell.

I think they lost 3-1 

It's going to take a fair bit to turn that team around!

13 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Did Darren Gilbert leave Callington early on Saturday to attend an intervew for the job? 😀

In all seriousness, if and when Darren Gilbert leaves Bodmin, I'd be intrigued to see what he does next. Other than the role he already holds with the Kernow FA!

9 hours ago, Jacob-Englefield1 said:

It's going to take a fair bit to turn that team around!

In all seriousness, if and when Darren Gilbert leaves Bodmin, I'd be intrigued to see what he does next. Other than the role he already holds with the Kernow FA!

The Kernow job does seem to have given Darren Gilbert a new lease of life ,he seemed very chatty and relaxed at the game I watched back in May. I do wonder if things had gone ahead as planned (before COVID happened) and world and European Conifa tournaments had gone ahead, whether he would have stepped away from Bodmin by now.

Would imagine that Gilby has found it very frustrating in the last few years watching old rivals Parkway (managed by his former assistant) disappear over the horizon, and Buckland, Exmouth, Tavistock, Saltash, Helston, Mousehole and Millbrook establish themselves in the Western League with Falmouth likely to follow soon. 

Penzance is a sleeping giant with a wonderful history, Gilby probably needs a fresh challenge of some sort, I've heard worse ideas than him becoming manager.

4 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

The Kernow job does seem to have given Darren Gilbert a new lease of life ,he seemed very chatty and relaxed at the game I watched back in May. I do wonder if things had gone ahead as planned (before COVID happened) and world and European Conifa tournaments had gone ahead, whether he would have stepped away from Bodmin by now.

Would imagine that Gilby has found it very frustrating in the last few years watching old rivals Parkway (managed by his former assistant) disappear over the horizon, and Buckland, Exmouth, Tavistock, Saltash, Helston, Mousehole and Millbrook establish themselves in the Western League with Falmouth likely to follow soon. 

Penzance is a sleeping giant with a wonderful history, Gilby probably needs a fresh challenge of some sort, I've heard worse ideas than him becoming manager.

Bodmin were the doninant force in Cornish football for a time, but showed no ambition to move up the pyramid. Now they are being left behind. Falmouth next to move up. Can see in a year or two see Bodmin being the biggest fish in a small sea.

1 hour ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Bodmin were the doninant force in Cornish football for a time, but showed no ambition to move up the pyramid. Now they are being left behind. Falmouth next to move up. Can see in a year or two see Bodmin being the biggest fish in a small sea.

If they survive,  Bodmin must be about the only team not to have a reserve/2nd team. There just isn't the interest.

5 minutes ago, silly billy said:

If they survive,  Bodmin must be about the only team not to have a reserve/2nd team. There just isn't the interest.

Players for the first team seem to come and go all the time. In the two games with Lanson, only weeks apart, the line-ups were hugely different. No stabity on the pitch  Little interest from the local public either. Tough times ahead when Darren Gilbert goes?

Bodmin in decline on and of the field? Hopefully not.