EAST

Brixham                     2-3       Newton Abbot Spurs

Cullompton Rangers       1-2        Honiton Town

Elmore                              1-0       Axminster Town

Ottery St Mary                6-0       Bovey Tracey

Torrington                        2-2     Holsworthy

WEST

Callington Town              4-1        Wadebridge Town

Camelford                      6-0    Godolphin Atlantic (Newquay) 

St Dennis                         1-5       Penryn Athletic

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Wednesday 27 October, 2021

Camelford 6-0 Godolphin

Thought this might be a tough match, Godolphin having had two good recent draws and a win against a Camelford team missing 5 starting players - but the game was done and dusted by half time. 
Camels started very briskly, scoring after 12 minutes with an Ed shot from the edge of the box (Camels having missed a couple of chance by then). Shortly after Gus pulled back a pass for Boxy to rattle the second one in from the edge of the 6 yard box 2-0. 
The ref waved away a couple of good penalty shouts for Camelford before finally awarding a stonewall penalty which was converted by Ed. Followed quickly by a great Ryan run who crossed in for a tap in by Gus 4-0 and shortly after that a great run and chip of the keeper by Ryan P to make it 5-0 and HT. 

Camels scored two minutes into the second half with a Gus header from a corner 6-0, followed shortly by Reg subbing Boxy / Ed and Gus in quick succession (leaving only 3 regular starters on the pitch) and the second half really petered out with Godolphin having more possession but creating little and the Camels just consolidating their winning position without picking up any more injuries. 
Don’t like to see it - but the difference in quality between the two teams in the first half was obvious. Godolphin have a good squad but were just missing that little bit of quality when it mattered and their midfield were made to look second best. 
I am sure Godolphin will put tonight’s game behind them and move from strength to strength and for the Camels a good 3 points and help to their goal difference. 
The officials had a really solid game - no cards issued and kept the game flowing. 

After watching a fairly drab game at Lanson on Tuesday night only a few miles up the road I found myself up at Cally Wednesday night. 

Again, like usual this season it was a fantastic watch up at the Marsh.

Luke Cloke staring as a talisman and showing why he is one of the best forwards at this level.

Rowe of Wadebridge will not be happy with his teams performance, with a sin bin that ultimately cost them.

Callington started much the brighter side with Ray Card hitting the cross bar from a corner after a goal mouth scramble with the rebound being cleared off the line straight after.

Wadgebridge attempted to get themselves even involved in the contest through Rubin Wilson but wasn’t able to get the ball into his feet to make him a threat.

Callington broke the deadlock when Matt Edwards crossed delightfully for Jack Tribble to finish at the back post to put Callington 1-0 up at the break.

I was expecting Wadebridge to come out the stronger of the two sides in the second half after Rower giving them a firework at half time. But it was almost like they stayed in the changing room with Billy Northcot firing home with no mistake to put Cally 2-0.

Wadgebridge then pushed the self destruct button with a number bookings & a sin bin.

With Cally looking to really turn the screw with Wadebridge down to 10 men. Which produced two fine goals. The first coming from Jack Tribble for his second of the evening after some fantastic work from Coley down the left to beat his man and deliver a cross to the only man in the box to head home.

the home side finishes the scoring with Luke Cloke scoring from a tight angel after a fantastic run off the back of the defender to then finish smartly past the keeper.

Wadebridge did manage to grab a conciliation from a penalty after what looked like a player holding a shirt of Rubin Wilson from behind.

Good game, even better pasty and a pleasure to watch the pillaton referee again.

1 hour ago, Greygen said:

After watching a fairly drab game at Lanson on Tuesday night only a few miles up the road I found myself up at Cally Wednesday night. 

Again, like usual this season it was a fantastic watch up at the Marsh.

Luke Cloke staring as a talisman and showing why he is one of the best forwards at this level.

Rowe of Wadebridge will not be happy with his teams performance, with a sin bin that ultimately cost them.

Callington started much the brighter side with Ray Card hitting the cross bar from a corner after a goal mouth scramble with the rebound being cleared off the line straight after.

Wadgebridge attempted to get themselves even involved in the contest through Rubin Wilson but wasn’t able to get the ball into his feet to make him a threat.

Callington broke the deadlock when Matt Edwards crossed delightfully for Jack Tribble to finish at the back post to put Callington 1-0 up at the break.

I was expecting Wadebridge to come out the stronger of the two sides in the second half after Rower giving them a firework at half time. But it was almost like they stayed in the changing room with Billy Northcot firing home with no mistake to put Cally 2-0.

Wadgebridge then pushed the self destruct button with a number bookings & a sin bin.

With Cally looking to really turn the screw with Wadebridge down to 10 men. Which produced two fine goals. The first coming from Jack Tribble for his second of the evening after some fantastic work from Coley down the left to beat his man and deliver a cross to the only man in the box to head home.

the home side finishes the scoring with Luke Cloke scoring from a tight angel after a fantastic run off the back of the defender to then finish smartly past the keeper.

Wadebridge did manage to grab a conciliation from a penalty after what looked like a player holding a shirt of Rubin Wilson from behind.

Good game, even better pasty and a pleasure to watch the pillaton referee again.

As a man who watches Cally regularly Greygen, would you say they've turned the corner? 

25 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

As a man who watches Cally regularly Greygen, would you say they've turned the corner? 

i watched this game and many other cally games , and yes for me they have improved 100%, played very well at liskeard and looked dangerous all game last night,it is a shame they lost young striker harrison to saltash, only i can not agree on with greygen is the pasties ,they are  ginsters pasties, yuk!

46 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

I would agree with that, I think this result hasn’t been to far away. Similar to Tamar man I’ve seen them play Liskeard, Dobwalls and Camelford all of which they was lucky not to come away with something from the game. Be interesting to see if they can kick on as from what I have seen they are a better side than the bottom half of the table.

19 minutes ago, tamar.man said:

i watched this game and many other cally games , and yes for me they have improved 100%, played very well at liskeard and looked dangerous all game last night,it is a shame they lost young striker harrison to saltash, only i can not agree on with greygen is the pasties ,they are  ginsters pasties, yuk!

agreed, I don’t mind ginsters though!

I think the young lad is a good player, but not ready for Western League football not sure he is good enough on the ball or fit enough from what I’ve seen, was magnificent pre season against Tiverton but hasn’t done a great deal since I can’t remember 

58 minutes ago, tamar.man said:

I remember The Bald One's Pasty League from a few years back. That upset a few.