Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Results - Saturday 30th October 2021

Results for
Saturday 30th October 2021
Goonhavern Athletic (???) 2-6 Rosudgeon (Alex Ralph 3, Henry Cozens, Jordan Burr, Joe McMullen)
Att-20
Holman SC (Scott Thomas) 1-4 St Day Reserves (Dan Richards 2, Sam Bradley, Francis Roy-Pengelly)
Att-20
Lizard Argyle (Tristan Hawkings 2, Alex Carey, Tom Giles) 4-2 Godolphin Atlantic Reserves (Eli Evans, Jordan Wallis)
Att-25
Mawnan (Ben Harris, Adam Keenan, Dominic Pullen, Luke Wort) 4-1 Wendron United Thirds (Josh Padgeth)
Att-45
Pendeen Rovers (Ellis Hart 2, Kalon Mayes, Finley Wallis) 4-4 Penryn Athletic Reserves (Kiall Maugham, Lewis Pellow, Kyle Cooke, Paul Hart)
Att-25
RNAS Culdrose (Daniel Hindmarsh) 1-2 Mullion Reserves (Archie Rutterford, James Kaye)
Att-30
St Agnes Reserves p-p Hayle Reserves

On 25/10/2021 at 22:31, Pitty said:

Hayle we’re not to happy playing on the ‘Banana Pitch’ at Wendron the other week with nobody on the main pitch (had just been fertilised) so Christ knows what they are going to make of playing St Agnes at Chiverton Cross for a Combo Game!!! 😳

To be honest I don't think anyone likes playing on that pitch 🤔  

1 hour ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Dont blame them for protecting the main pitch though.

I would love to be able to do that occasionally. 

We've had over 30 games on our pitch already!

Older - if you get a chance pop along to Enys park, you will see they are not protecting anything, sadly it's not good at all, I'd go as far as to say I'd rather play at Chivvy.

Went there last Saturday with our reserves, don't think it's seen a lawn mower in weeks, nor anything else and for some reason the pitch had been fertilsed either in the morning or on Friday 🙈

I appreciate not every club has volunteers, or even dedicated groundsman like us but that was dangerous. On another note the rugby pitch at St Agnes looked very nice indeed.

Hope you are well bud.

4 hours ago, Mark said:

Older - if you get a chance pop along to Enys park, you will see they are not protecting anything, sadly it's not good at all, I'd go as far as to say I'd rather play at Chivvy.

Went there last Saturday with our reserves, don't think it's seen a lawn mower in weeks, nor anything else and for some reason the pitch had been fertilsed either in the morning or on Friday 🙈

I appreciate not every club has volunteers, or even dedicated groundsman like us but that was dangerous. On another note the rugby pitch at St Agnes looked very nice indeed.

Hope you are well bud.

Hello Mark. Still breathing buddy...lol.

Got my wires crossed there bud, I was referring to Underlane. 

I've been to Enys recently,  not going to say anything! 

Hope you're well yourself. 

On 28/10/2021 at 21:07, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Hello Mark. Still breathing buddy...lol.

Got my wires crossed there bud, I was referring to Underlane. 

I've been to Enys recently,  not going to say anything! 

Hope you're well yourself. 

On this occasion it was hardly a rest as it was being fertilised. We’ve got the firsts, seconds, OAPs/Vets on occasion, under 18s and ladies team all using the pitch this season. On top of that each of the thirds, fourths and fifths have all played on it this season too! 
Kernick looking spot on Older. Saw your picture in the SWPL forum and real credit to you.

• cornishteddyboy changed the title to LWC Drinks Combination League Results - Saturday 30th October 2021
5 hours ago, WendronOfficial said:

On this occasion it was hardly a rest as it was being fertilised. We’ve got the firsts, seconds, OAPs/Vets on occasion, under 18s and ladies team all using the pitch this season. On top of that each of the thirds, fourths and fifths have all played on it this season too! 
Kernick looking spot on Older. Saw your picture in the SWPL forum and real credit to you.

Busy times for sure bud.

Pitch looking good last I was up there...and the sun came out too!!!

31 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

Pitch looking lovely today Bakes. Was working all night hearing that rain smashing off my office window! Would never have known it!   Lucky lads to play on that every fortnight mate 👍👏🏼

Not looking so good now...lol 

Bit of work on it for next week, at least we didn't lose.

👍

Pendeen 4

( Ht 4-0)

Penryn 4 (Maugham, Cooke, Hart, Pellow)

A very odd game at Pendeen today. Penryn started the brighter & had a few decent chances early on. On 10 mins Finlay Wallis capitalised of a defensive mistake to put the hosts 1-0 up. Ryn missed a golden chance to equalise starlight from the kick off but Pellow struck wide from 5 yards, after good work from Jason Roberts. Pendeen made it 2 when Ellis Hart cut in from the left & beat the keeper at the near post from 20 yards, a shot that should have been saved.  On 34 minutes Hart scored his 2nd after another defensive lash up with the ryn keeper calling for a ball (which the defender then left), but the lively Hart got there 1st, rounded the keeper & stroked into the empty net. The rest of the half was 1 way, with ryn blaming eachother & the ref, & Pendeen looking like scoring every time they went forward. The 4th came on 43 mins with Mayes bending a lovely free kick into the top corner. The ref blew for ht after 48 mins & it's couldn't have come soon enough for the rynners.

Ht 4-0

There were a few home truths in the Penryn dressing room at half time & we came out a different team. On 55 minutes half time sub Kiall Maugham scored a lovely solo goal to pull 1 back. After missing a few great chances Ryn scored again on 65 minutes when Kyle Cooke headed home from a corner. It was 4-3 10 mins later when the impressive Paul Hart, playing his 1st game in 5 months, got up well & smashed his header in from a Kiall Maugham cross. For the last 15 Penryn changed to a more attacking formation as the pushed for the equaliser, Pendeen caught Ryn on the break & almost put the game out of sight but the sub forward saw his shot roll just the wrong side of the post. Penryn grabbed a point in the 87th minute when Lewis Pellow scored a brilliant bicycle kick from 8 yards amongst a crowd of players. Penryn pushed for the winner, but it wasn't to be as the final whistle blew.

This really was a game of 2 halves, both sides only had 13 men & both sets of players were running on fumes by the final whistle.

Apologies to Pendeen for not coming back to your pub, but some of us had to get back for a birthday party & others wanted to make the United Vs Spurs game after the 45 minute trip home.