Cornwall Football Forum

POST VASE MATCH - Steve Massey

Piran

3 hours ago, Lannowethian said:

He was running the line at yesterday’s Helston Women’s match - much as I’m not a fan of the way his (men’s) team plays, I came away from that with a huge amount of respect for his commitment to the club and to the game in general.

As I've said before on here, not sure his managerial and coaching track record stands up to much, but nobody can doubt his enthusiasm, ideas and commitment to the club's he he has been involved with. Has an encyclopedia like knowledge of the local scene and players, and a passion for the game in Cornwall. Always thought he would be an excellent chairman or director of football.

12 hours ago, Lannowethian said:

He was running the line at yesterday’s Helston Women’s match - much as I’m not a fan of the way his (men’s) team plays, I came away from that with a huge amount of respect for his commitment to the club and to the game in general.

They're miss him when he's gone! You can't fault him for his passion!

14 minutes ago, TimmyRaa said:

They’ll miss his money, more like!!

Saying he said to his assistant when the 1rst goal went in ."we're going to be alright today " shows complacency. .And It's a shame his players who were laughing and joking in the background during the interview weren't showing the same amount of devastation as he was .

On 26/10/2021 at 21:45, mattelot said:

Saying he said to his assistant when the 1rst goal went in ."we're going to be alright today " shows complacency. .And It's a shame his players who were laughing and joking in the background during the interview weren't showing the same amount of devastation as he was .

It was so one-sided a game at that time to be fair.