Cornwall Football Forum

Goal scorer

Guest Ian Stephens

Guest Ian Stephens

I see Jordy Willmott, Nanpean AFC has scored in 50 consecutive league matches, that’s some record, I was wondering if any one in Cornish football has ever achieved this, will be interested to find out

Ian I think the modern penchant for good players ( and Jordy is a cracking good player) playing well below the standard they are capable of playing has helped Jordy somewhat. Nanpean regularly have regularly hit double figures in the last couple of seasons ( and they might again in 2 weeks time against Lostwithiel ) has certainly helped JW achieve his incredible record. Rappo however always tested himself a the highest level he could play in his prime and that makes his goal scoring achievements more worthy in my opinion!! Cheers Bill.

No one will come close to achieving what Rappo has achieved, the levels he played, the era he played in & the quality players he competed against. Unbelievable record & I can personally say, a nightmare to play against.

Not many players would put you on your ass, score & then give you his hand & help you up on the way back, T***. 🤣😂🤣

Think I might have done actually Keith!? I know in the old West Cornwall Sunday league playing with my old mates at Probus I scored in every game for 3 seasons in a row. I’d imagine that we played 20/25 games a season including cups but I certainly haven’t done it in Saturday football I’m sure of that. Great achievement from Jordy at any level 👏🏼Thanks for the kind words Bill and Kev, if it wasn’t for you two I might have had another 20 or 30!! Great gents but tough opponents 👌👍

• 1 month later...

As Billy has alluded to, this achievement by Jordi is a somewhat tainted one.

He has, for years, played far below the standard he should be at and seems content to be a big fish in a very small pond.

Whilst on the face of it, scoring in 50 consecutive games is impressive. I suspect there's a fair few SWPL or even St Piran standard players that could do the same if they dropped down to the lower reaches of the Duchy League.

Jordi is a awesome goalscorer but why doesnt he proof it in a higher league he was at Godolphin, and he was good there but moved on pity he wasnt there now because  G are rebuilding with 3 new signings only place i think they need strengthing is they need a striker and Goalie then they would be pretty good they got Callum Bertrand to go into defence now James BAKER to toughen the midfield up and someone else called Guy Bolton , so im looking forward to seeing how they get on against the best footballing side i have seen this year in Camelford think they like coming to Newquay think it was 5-0 when they played Newquay and GODOLPHIN TWICE 6-0 on Camelfords ground and 5-1 at the Gs ground but maybe it will be closer this time and if Ed Harrison is playing it will be hard i thnk he is 1 of the best players in the league alongside Jack Bray Evans . Be nice to see Reg the Camelford manager again 1 of the nicest men in football he always asks how i am well this week i will tell him im in bloody agony with Kidney Stones but watching the footy this weekend the pain just goes away .Be lovely seeing Jordi Willmott back in a G shirt class player but talents wasted in a lower league 

3 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Jordi is a awesome goalscorer but why doesnt he proof it in a higher league he was at Godolphin, and he was good there but moved on pity he wasnt there now because  G are rebuilding with 3 new signings only place i think they need strengthing is they need a striker and Goalie then they would be pretty good they got Callum Bertrand to go into defence now James BAKER to toughen the midfield up and someone else called Guy Bolton , so im looking forward to seeing how they get on against the best footballing side i have seen this year in Camelford think they like coming to Newquay think it was 5-0 when they played Newquay and GODOLPHIN TWICE 6-0 on Camelfords ground and 5-1 at the Gs ground but maybe it will be closer this time and if Ed Harrison is playing it will be hard i thnk he is 1 of the best players in the league alongside Jack Bray Evans . Be nice to see Reg the Camelford manager again 1 of the nicest men in football he always asks how i am well this week i will tell him im in bloody agony with Kidney Stones but watching the footy this weekend the pain just goes away .Be lovely seeing Jordi Willmott back in a G shirt class player but talents wasted in a lower league 

Think this was the hardest paragraph I have ever read in my life. 

Sod it i have decided i am not going to write anymore on here no match reports or nothing ,i only get critercised all the time its too long ,or i have watched a different match well bugger it and Greygen most things you write is crap anyway .Anyway people thats all from me i will go watch the matches but no more reports on here so you will have to get off your asses and go and watch a match yourself .Anyway i dont need the hassle from certain people anymore got enough problems going on in my life so i dont need any crap from some people 

2 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Sod it i have decided i am not going to write anymore on here no match reports or nothing ,i only get critercised all the time its too long ,or i have watched a different match well bugger it and Greygen most things you write is crap anyway .Anyway people thats all from me i will go watch the matches but no more reports on here so you will have to get off your asses and go and watch a match yourself .Anyway i dont need the hassle from certain people anymore got enough problems going on in my life so i dont need any crap from some people 

Sorry to hear that 100%

I'll keep an eye out for you and smokie...a cup of tea for you and a sausage for yer mutt...yo!

5 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

So sorry 100%cornish on behalf of us all on the forum.

I wouldn't take any notice, but instead carry on letting us have your thoughts on the state of football that you take in every chance you get.

15 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Just as you have the right to your opinion that what I write is crap, I am allowed to mention how hard it is to read yours. Never did I say it was a load of crap, just hard to read.

Definitely no need to get your knickers in a twist, or throw your dummy out. 

18 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Soon to be 4 new signings… maybe… watch this space 👀😉🐬

4 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Yes i heard Ronaldo wasnt happy at Man Utd and fancied some Cornish Sea Air , no seriously looking forward to trying to solve the puzzle for who it is .Keep up the good work Adam see you Saturday mate 

Could park his yacht in the harbour, or fly his private jet into St Mawgan. Chuck in a pasty and free entry at Sailors, and I think he would be tempted. Could see Ronaldo being quite a hit on the dancefloor there.

33 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Could park his yacht in the harbour, or fly his private jet into St Mawgan. Chuck in a pasty and free entry at Sailors, and I think he would be tempted. Could see Ronaldo being quite a hit on the dancefloor there.

He would certainly win the diving competition...lol.

Isn't it funny how when someone doesn't like something they go and criticise the punctuation or flow of writing along with the odd spelling mistake. I don't post often in the slightest but I come on here daily and have a quick catch up with the goings on across the leagues whether it be a bit of drama or a rappo match report. It's people like 100% cornish that provide us with a real insight into the games or an opinion and there are many of us that I'm sure appreciate it. I'd much rather the forum was full of posts like that, than one post that is pure pointless (much like this is). I don't know 100%, he certainly doesn't know me, but I will always stand up for someone that contributes to something I and many others enjoy.

7 hours ago, Greygen said:

Just as you have the right to your opinion that what I write is crap, I am allowed to mention how hard it is to read yours. Never did I say it was a load of crap, just hard to read.

Definitely no need to get your knickers in a twist, or throw your dummy out. 

16 hours ago, DW2001 said:

Isn't it funny how when someone doesn't like something they go and criticise the punctuation or flow of writing along with the odd spelling mistake. I don't post often in the slightest but I come on here daily and have a quick catch up with the goings on across the leagues whether it be a bit of drama or a rappo match report. It's people like 100% cornish that provide us with a real insight into the games or an opinion and there are many of us that I'm sure appreciate it. I'd much rather the forum was full of posts like that, than one post that is pure pointless (much like this is). I don't know 100%, he certainly doesn't know me, but I will always stand up for someone that contributes to something I and many others enjoy.

Pot kettle black

I would like to apologise if i upset anyone and if you all dont mind i will write up a report about the Gs match vs Camelford ,just having a bad time at the moment bad time for me in December and dreading Christmas at least i will have 2 matches to go and watch ST Austell vs Blazey on the 26th and on the 27th my birthday and the day i lost my to a massive stroke ,i will be watching the G Vs Newquay .Would love to come back and promise i will try not to upset anyone especially you Greygen ,i upset Leeds Utd in the past but we are a lot friendlier now when he is on here hope hes ok do miss the banter with him . Ok i will try not write War and Peace like i do tend to i will keep it short like The G hammer Camelford but more likely to be G hammered at home by Camelford but you never know football is a funny old game . Ok lovely people i will be back .Love listening to Deacs and Rappo Podcast i only listen to the local football but its great and ran by 2 football Legends .Ok Bye for now be nice to each other people 

53 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

I would like to apologise if i upset anyone and if you all dont mind i will write up a report about the Gs match vs Camelford ,just having a bad time at the moment bad time for me in December and dreading Christmas at least i will have 2 matches to go and watch ST Austell vs Blazey on the 26th and on the 27th my birthday and the day i lost my to a massive stroke ,i will be watching the G Vs Newquay .Would love to come back and promise i will try not to upset anyone especially you Greygen ,i upset Leeds Utd in the past but we are a lot friendlier now when he is on here hope hes ok do miss the banter with him . Ok i will try not write War and Peace like i do tend to i will keep it short like The G hammer Camelford but more likely to be G hammered at home by Camelford but you never know football is a funny old game . Ok lovely people i will be back .Love listening to Deacs and Rappo Podcast i only listen to the local football but its great and ran by 2 football Legends .Ok Bye for now be nice to each other people 

No need to apologise to anyone 100%. You keep being you and we will keep appreciating every match report you give us! I have no idea who you are (apart from you have a dog?) but I hope you have a great December and enjoy as many games as possible. I look forward to reading all about them!

14 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

No one said don't post, no on said what you post isn't useful or valid. I just said I found it hard to read!

15 hours ago, DW2001 said:

"and I pointed out myself that the post I was writing was pointless much like yours" 

👍

Keep the reports coming Steve, you’re a proper football bloke that’s been watching local football for years, always interested in what you have to say mate. There’s a few wind up merchants on here whose comments are best ignored as I found out myself this year! Not worth the time and reply to be honest, keep doing what you do, giving an honest report of a game you’ve just watched, and hopefully there will be a few good games of Cornish footie to get you through December and into the new year. Best wishes to you and my old mate Smokie 👍

Thanks Rappo for those kind words ,yes i remember you had a lot of abuse directed at you for voicing your opinions and you came back we got to thick a skin to let the minority drive us off here so i will follow you and carry on writing reports on the matches i have watched .Have a lovely Christmas mate i will just be glad when its all over with lost my parents to massive strokes my dad on my Birthday 27th Dec we had watched Wadebridge vs Newquay Boxing Day Dec 1984 last match my dad ever saw he was only 67 and lost mum 2010 Dec 28th to also a massve stroke but she was 84 but do miss them like i miss my partner .Thank God i got Smokie . All enjoy your matches tmmrw lets just hope they will be on all tonights are off but hopefully the wind will dry the pitches out for tmmrw .

15 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Thanks Rappo for those kind words ,yes i remember you had a lot of abuse directed at you for voicing your opinions and you came back we got to thick a skin to let the minority drive us off here so i will follow you and carry on writing reports on the matches i have watched .Have a lovely Christmas mate i will just be glad when its all over with lost my parents to massive strokes my dad on my Birthday 27th Dec we had watched Wadebridge vs Newquay Boxing Day Dec 1984 last match my dad ever saw he was only 67 and lost mum 2010 Dec 28th to also a massve stroke but she was 84 but do miss them like i miss my partner .Thank God i got Smokie . All enjoy your matches tmmrw lets just hope they will be on all tonights are off but hopefully the wind will dry the pitches out for tmmrw .

Don't listen to the noisy minority 100%. Everyone else recognises and enjoys your enthusiasm for local football and would miss your contributions.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/10/2021 at 21:29, Guest Ian Stephens said:

I see Jordy Willmott, Nanpean AFC has scored in 50 consecutive league matches, that’s some record, I was wondering if any one in Cornish football has ever achieved this, will be interested to find out

Should never been playing that level. That scoring record is no where near as god when your playing bottom level duchy football and smashing teams each game!