Ottery St Mary              4-2       Cullompton Rangers

Plymouth Marjon         3-1       Holsworthy

Stoke Gabriel & TP        2-3       Ivybridge Town

Torridgeside                 2-3       Dartmouth

WEST

Godolphin Atlantic       3-4       Penzance

Penryn Athletic            1-0       Wadebridge Town

St Austell                      1-1       Launceston

Godolphin 3 - Penzance 4 ,7 goals you would think this was a thriller but it wasnt it was just shambolic defending from both sides .The G wen 1-0 up through Jaron McCAULEY against the run of play really because Penzance was doing most of the attacking and Darryl Williams was causing havoc the no10 was having a great game as well ,Penzance equalised and it was 2-2 at the break after Fran Pengelly had a 2nd goal Penazance went 3-2 up and the G a corner that came to nothing but Ed Timmons had stayed up placed a well placed header past Flores in the Penzance goal .You think the score would of stayed at 3-3 but No PENZANCE had the final say by scoring the winner a draw would of been a fair result but neither side could defend really Penzance had some really good youngster no10 he pick of them for me but my mom has to be Darryl Richards and for the G Ed Timmons for his good goal .Both sides need to sort out there defence out .

1 minute ago, sportsman10 said:

Falmouth beating a very good Bradford town team is a statement. Will be a force next year. 
Bodmin were never going to win that. Should never have even been given the chance to have another go because if Saltash admin error. Soundly and very easily beaten 

Falmouth Town 2. Bradford Town 1.

Wow! What a game! Falmouth Town should have been out of sight by 10 minutes into the 2nd half after missing several excellent chances. What followed was classic cup football in front of a massive crowd of 570 apparently. As the kids don't pay and there were about 100 of them on the pitch at half time, the actual crowd was much bigger. Heady times for Falmouth.

Back to the game and Falmouth went ahead from a Jack Bray-Evans header after a couple of minutes. Bradford gradually played their way into the game and the crowd could tell they were no pushovers. The rest of the half was fairly even with  Bradford probably having the best of the general play but Town looking good on the break. Town scored their 2nd goal towards the end of the 1st half after the excellent Luke Barner was judged to have been brought down after tricky work from Luke Brabyn. 2-0 at half-time.

The 2nd half started with a missed one on one from Brabyn. Bradford then started taking control with their #11 running at the Falmouth defence at every opportunity. Things started going wrong for the home team after about 10 minutes with a goalmouth scramble which resulted in a goal for Bradford. A scuffle ensued and the impressive Bradford #9 and, critica!ly, Kirk Davies being booked along with Falmouth keeper Ryan Barnes I believe. A few minutes later and the aforementioned Bradford #11 attacked down the left hand side. Kirk Davies made a tackle adjudged to have been late and he was off! 

Bradford stepped things up again and won a penalty with about 25 minutes to go. Cue Ryan Barnes with a game-saving stop to the delight of the F-Troop.

Falmouth changed their shape and personnel with Alex Wharton and Scott Kellow on for Jack Bray-Evans and Tim Nixon. They then managed to control the next 15 minutes a little better. However, the last 10 minutes was all Bradford. Some amazing saves and clearances from Falmouth where James Ward, Toby Clarke and Andreas Calleja-Stayne were immense.

An amazing game which Falmouth were in the end lucky to get through.

Cup football at its best in front of another big home crowd. Let's hope for another home draw as this crowd really can be the difference in tight games like this.

UP THE TOWN!!

PENRYN   (1)   1       Conner Powell 4’

WADEBRIDGE (0) 0

ATT: 78

REF: Mr Kevin Knowles 👏🏼

Only watched from the start of the 2nd half as was watching my other lads 2pm kick off up the road. Saw injured Bridgers striker Lloydy on the way in for a quick chat and as the game turned out they could have done with him on the pitch come the end. Penryn boss Popey was left with 12 players at kick off so an even more remarkable result for the Ryn. Every player put in a shift from back to front with Wadebridge knocking on the door for almost all the 2nd half with the ever lively Kyle Flew looking a threat. The hosts even worked a few openings of their own but it was the visitors with the more clear cut chances thwarted by some stout defending in the main protecting those precious 3 points. You knew it wasn’t going to be the Bridgers day when a point blank volley was brilliantly saved by the feet of Penryn keeper Adam Robarthan in the 95th and last minute! Well reffed as always from Kev, no fuss, no drama, plenty of common sense, great to see him and the players chatting. Class act 👍👌️ Good day for Penryn and one of those days for Wadebridge where they’ll probably play worse and win at some stage during the season. 

Buckland 3-0 Camelford

Great away trip to a lovely ground, really friendly club with great facilities (Rappo you would love live the box nets). 

Camels started sprightly and were awarded a stonewall penalty after about 10. Having said I had not seen Ed miss a penalty in 14 years before his miss at Lanson the keeper saved it - but had to be retaken and he missed again - so won’t say any more about penalties lol

in fairness Buckland we’re the better team and deserved the win - good footballing team and when they attack they are excellent. Both teams had players sin binned and Camels had to play with 9 for a bit, but no complaints. 

Camels needed a full squad and play at the top of their game and had / did neither - but that was down to a good Buckland team. 

Good luck to Buckland in the Vase - Camels still on ‘tour’ and enjoying a good away trip. 

St.Austell 1 Launceston 1.

155 spectators endured a turgid affair between two sides struggling to score goals.

Both goals came just before the half time whistle, can't remember anything of note happening in the second period but nevertheless ended in a point for both clubs which was fair as neither side deserved to win or loose.

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 23 October 2021
1 hour ago, The Town Man said:

A scuffle ensued and the impressive Bradford #9 and, critica!ly, Kirk Davies being booked along with Falmouth keeper Ryan Barnes I believe. A few minutes later and the aforementioned Bradford #11 attacked down the left hand side. Kirk Davies made a tackle adjudged to have been late and he was off! 

Difficult to see everything that goes on in a scuffle like today’s but I actually thought Kirk was unlucky to get a yellow - it looked to me that initially he stepped in to try and separate players!

Should more players have been carded?

Nevertheless Falmouth held out and actually could have nicked another goal late on! 

3 hours ago, RAPPO said:

PENRYN   (1)   1       Conner Powell 4’

WADEBRIDGE (0) 0

ATT: 78

REF: Mr Kevin Knowles 👏🏼

Only watched from the start of the 2nd half as was watching my other lads 2pm kick off up the road. Saw injured Bridgers striker Lloydy on the way in for a quick chat and as the game turned out they could have done with him on the pitch come the end. Penryn boss Popey was left with 12 players at kick off so an even more remarkable result for the Ryn. Every player put in a shift from back to front with Wadebridge knocking on the door for almost all the 2nd half with the ever lively Kyle Flew looking a threat. The hosts even worked a few openings of their own but it was the visitors with the more clear cut chances thwarted by some stout defending in the main protecting those precious 3 points. You knew it wasn’t going to be the Bridgers day when a point blank volley was brilliantly saved by the feet of Penryn keeper Adam Robarthan in the 95th and last minute! Well reffed as always from Kev, no fuss, no drama, plenty of common sense, great to see him and the players chatting. Class act 👍👌️ Good day for Penryn and one of those days for Wadebridge where they’ll probably play worse and win at some stage during the season. 

Certainly it was a smash and grab jobby but I would have to say our goal came from a slick passing movement, assisted by the best bit of advantage I think I've ever seen from a referee. 

Jack rappo crashed down from behind but the ref saw a chance to play the advantage and in the goal went, 99.9% of refs would have given an immediate foul for the tackle and the advantage and our goal would have been lost.

Top decision, top referee...well done from me. 

10 hours ago, David Bray said:

St.Austell 1 Launceston 1.

155 spectators endured a turgid affair between two sides struggling to score goals.

Both goals came just before the half time whistle, can't remember anything of note happening in the second period but nevertheless ended in a point for both clubs which was fair as neither side deserved to win or loose.

Behave was u watching 👀😂😂not the st Austell keeper making 2 great saves second half one tipped onto the crossbar or wAs that just the 149 others watching Second half Launceston Keeper never made a save And constant pressure from Us  fair play to St Austell dug In got a point ... on my behalf take full responsibility for not taking all 3 points I should of bagged me second of the gAme . Sorry lads 👊🏻💙💜Only 11 ️in 13 not bad for an old man 👴   😂😂

7 hours ago, The waltz said:

Behave was u watching 👀😂😂not the st Austell keeper making 2 great saves second half one tipped onto the crossbar or wAs that just the 149 others watching Second half Launceston Keeper never made a save And constant pressure from Us  fair play to St Austell dug In got a point ... on my behalf take full responsibility for not taking all 3 points I should of bagged me second of the gAme . Sorry lads 👊🏻💙💜Only 11 ️in 13 not bad for an old man 👴   😂😂

Played 14, won 4, drawn 2, LOST 8, you need to up your game a bit as 11 in 13 isn't that great. 😂

1 hour ago, silly billy said:

Played 14, won 4, drawn 2, LOST 8, you need to up your game a bit as 11 in 13 isn't that great. 😂

Must of been one of those tough games in the west waltz mentioned at the start of the season when comparing the west to the east. Pretty sure Elburton stuck 4 past St Austell who sit in the bottom 3 in the east. 

I do think launceston are just going through that sticky unlucky patch like Callington. But then again at the start of the season I would of put them where they are in the league, bodmin will leap frog them as well, but they're better than the bottom 4 so will be safe this season, especially with waltz up top. 11 in 13 is good going playing for launceston. 

7 hours ago, silly billy said:

Not bad tbh a young developing side learning week in week out !! Rome wasn’t built in a day mate .. all about progression for us this year not about where we finish to be perfectly honest and already higher than everyone predicted start of the season . Yeah mate to be should be a few more ️ Out of the 14 Lost last min to liskeard Bodmin and camelford 3 sides that will be in top 6 end of the season so like I said progression . Sitting 11th ain’t too bad for us we want more and will strive for more , now the games should even then self’s out .. And by the sounds of u it u never played at a decent level because a team down bottom half with a striker who’s got 11 goals by Oct aint to shabby silly billy 😂😂💜💙️CAMAAN silly billy is just a negative guy only post shit stuff sounds like a right bitter fool 

5 hours ago, Southwest football fan said:

Must of been one of those tough games in the west waltz mentioned at the start of the season when comparing the west to the east. Pretty sure Elburton stuck 4 past St Austell who sit in the bottom 3 in the east. 

I do think launceston are just going through that sticky unlucky patch like Callington. But then again at the start of the season I would of put them where they are in the league, bodmin will leap frog them as well, but they're better than the bottom 4 so will be safe this season, especially with waltz up top. 11 in 13 is good going playing for launceston. 

For one elburton have a over hall of players and already had  some talented players now new manager new way of playing ?  st Austell were light on numbers speaking to the lads yesterday . Did seem a strange result . We will see how that match up goes soon enough as we have them in the cup . As for sitting 11th in the league isn’t to bad for ya , yeah we should have a few more points on the board . But the lads was learning and getting better each game can see partnerships forming which is great to see .. a little sticky patch yeah but like over mentioned played all the top teams none of the bottom half sides so should even it self out but every game is different and I need to go into every game with the same mindset and belief. No game is a given in this league u don’t turn up u get beat simple . And that’s what I’m there for to bang em in

17 minutes ago, Keith B said:

Long trip home when you've had a hammering billy. 

Beautiful village Brockenhurst in the New Forest. I know it well and for two years I drove through Brockenhurst every day, travelling to Fawley Oil Refinery near Southampton where the company I worked for, were installing new plumbing and fire mains. Journey there and back home was very memorable, as were the hot fresh crusty cheese rolls on the way to work.

I loved the way the ponies and donkeys were free to roam the streets.Lovely part of the country.

On 23/10/2021 at 18:16, sportsman10 said:

Falmouth beating a very good Bradford town team is a statement. Will be a force next year. 
Bodmin were never going to win that. Should never have even been given the chance to have another go because if Saltash admin error. Soundly and very easily beaten 

I hugely admire Falmouth Town. The fixture away to a good Buckland side in the next round might be quite revealing. Bucks brushed aside  the Camels comfortably on Saturday I am told. Should be a great day. Great hosts, good home side but F-Troop in their numbers and Town in great form. What a tie it could be!

On 24/10/2021 at 11:56, The waltz said:

For one elburton have a over hall of players and already had  some talented players now new manager new way of playing ?  st Austell were light on numbers speaking to the lads yesterday . Did seem a strange result . We will see how that match up goes soon enough as we have them in the cup . As for sitting 11th in the league isn’t to bad for ya , yeah we should have a few more points on the board . But the lads was learning and getting better each game can see partnerships forming which is great to see .. a little sticky patch yeah but like over mentioned played all the top teams none of the bottom half sides so should even it self out but every game is different and I need to go into every game with the same mindset and belief. No game is a given in this league u don’t turn up u get beat simple . And that’s what I’m there for to bang em in

I didn’t see you ‘banging’ them in against blazey? 😳

12 hours ago, The waltz said:

Funny enough that’s one of the 2 games all season I didn’t score in 👀 see ya in the return leg at your place blazeyfan90 👀

You sound like a player of many talents, would you not consider yourself playing in a ‘better’ league than this? After all, you are portraying yourself as a ronaldo 2? 👀

22 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

I hugely admire Falmouth Town. The fixture away to a good Buckland side in the next round might be quite revealing. Bucks brushed aside  the Camels comfortably on Saturday I am told. Should be a great day. Great hosts, good home side but F-Troop in their numbers and Town in great form. What a tie it could be!

Homers Heath is always a great place to visit, one of the best grounds in the Western League. A sneak preview of what Falmouth have got to look forward to next season. The goal hungry Town forwards up against up a Bucks defence (featuring Rob Farkins and Nick Milton at its heart) that has only conceded 2 goals in their last 5 matches will be very interesting.

3 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Homers Heath is always a great place to visit, one of the best grounds in the Western League. A sneak preview of what Falmouth have got to look forward to next season. The goal hungry Town forwards up against up a Bucks defence (featuring Rob Farkins and Nick Milton at its heart) that has only conceded 2 goals in their last 5 matches will be very interesting.

A few bruises to take back home with lol

51 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

A few bruises to take back home with lol

I was never a fan of Farkins but when they had a player sin binned in our game he completely ran the show -!he knew what he was doing and was outstanding. Will be a tight game but I do think they are beatable, especially if attacked out wide( if down the middle Farkins and Milton will eat it up all day long) - which is Falmouth strength.  
Nice club and people there though - hope Falmouth and the F Troop enjoy it - you will need to tell them to put more bar staff on though lol 

4 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

I work with someone on the Buckland committee and they are not relishing the challenge.

21 hours ago, BlazeyFan90 said:

You sound like a player of many talents, would you not consider yourself playing in a ‘better’ league than this? After all, you are portraying yourself as a ronaldo 2? 👀

Your not far off mate 👀😂😂I run a lot more than ronaldo Tho mate 👀should of seen my goal this eve 👀top 🗑 scissor kick 😛😛

17 hours ago, The waltz said:

Your not far off mate 👀😂😂I run a lot more than ronaldo Tho mate 👀should of seen my goal this eve 👀top 🗑 scissor kick 😛😛

Fair play ‘mate’ although will anyone still remember it after a loss? 👀 you should pop down to Bodmin Friday night, heard through the grape vine Massey is there and on the scout for new players? I could put in a good word if you like? You’re too good for this league 😳