Cornwall Football Forum

Guest sweeper

Portreath AFC would like thank Porthleven for their excellent hospitality at the Junior Cup area final tonight, also I would like to thank Mawnan AFC for making it a very competitive and entertaining game.

On a personal level, I would like to thank all the players and managers from the mining league teams, who put their club allegiances to one side for the evening and came out in force to support Portreath. :thumbsup:

And lastly I would like to thank my team for their total belief and commitment to the cause - you were outstanding, :clapper: Vicki for all the support and advice she has given me, also Rick, Tony and all the people behind the scenes for all the effort they showed on the night and especially Shaun for all his help.

I hope to see you all at the final on Easter Monday :yahoo:

WELL DONE PORTREATH,ESPECIALLY DARREN BUCKLEY WHO I THOUGHT WAS MAN OF THE MATCH ROLLING BACK THE YEARS.FAIR PLAY TO YOU DARREN YOU SAID YOU WERE GOING TO WIN IT BACK IN AUGUST.TAKE NOTHING AWAY FROM PORTREATH BUT MAWNAN WAS DISAPOINTING OFFERING VERY LITTLE AGAINST A STRONG PORTREATH BACKLINE.I HOPE THOSE LEGS ARE TIRED COME SATURDAY DARREN SEE YOU THEN. :thumbsup:

Thanks gerrard8 i will drop you the tenner in later for the praise you have given me, but saying that there where 11 man of the matches to me last night great team performance, we had the hunger and the desire to win it last night and not to be disrespectval we totally out classed Mawnan last night and we deserved it. Mawnan were not disapointing we just didn't give them any time or space to play there type of football job well done to Shaun Pollard our little spy.

see you saturday mate.

get in there !!!!!!!!!!!

this victory is for roger and every1 behind the scenes at portreath and adam johns who has been one of our best players this season and missed out lastnite due to injury.

thanx for everyone's positive comments towards portreath

and as for praze no 8 that is how you beat mawnan!

Thanks speedy thats now three area finals i've played in and won them all, one winners medal for st day and runner up with holmans in the main easter monday final and this year i hope we win my second and also i want to win it for Portreath as i think in my opinion the best junior side in Cornwall.

Also still undefeated all season..

See you soon speedy

cheers mate

Well done Portreath!

As in both of my predictions a clean sheet and a convincing win.

I agree that Mawnan are not a poor side and were just outclassed by a very good Portreath team that looked liked winning the game right from the start.

The back line for Portreath looked very assured and solid all the way.

Good luck in the Final!

Well done to all the lads and staff of portreath football club, a great achievement I have to say. :clapper:

There was no doubting the commitment from everyone on and off the field from both sides but it was Portreath who were out of the blocks the quickest and in my view wanted it more than Mawnan, Take nothing away from the Falmouth helston side with lots of experience and the added bonus of playing in quite a few area finals over the last few years they knew what they were up against but in all honesty Portreath took the game to them and the back four of Portreath were outstanding, It also helped having a midfield that worked there socks of for 90 minutes and a front two that to be honest were a different class.

Man of the match I would have to say was the 11 players on the field and everyone involved with Portreath football club as they all gave it 100% from the start.

Having played against them (Portreath) already this season I know first hand what a quality side they are and how dangerous they can be.

Well done Roger and the lads/ladies. :clapper::thumbsup::clapper:

P.s I’m not sure if Roger lost his voice last night but he did not stop for 90 minutes, I’m sure I even heard him say he loved the ref or was it a linesman :D

Guest Spenny

Well done to Daz, Wardy and the rest of the lads at Portreath...... i always seem to get your results right, perhaps i should start betting on you.

daz, how many different teams is that now you have got to the final with... must be close to some kind o record. good luck for the final

Thanks for all your comments fellas & it was nice to get one over the F/H league.

It was nice to play in a final & win....so many times I've picked r-up medals,now I have a winners one.

(Only thing is my daughter wants to paint it pink-who am I to argue?).

Full credit to all the lads last night, but if your gonna single out players I think Jason Buckley was superb,he must have covered every blade of grass on that huge pitch & battled for every ball.

But back to reality this weekend with a game against Trevenson so plenty of rest for me including a self imposed ###### ban...that should give me a good 5 minutes extra energy (I dont mean to bragg) come Saturday.

See you at the weekend gerrard8. :thumbsup:

Hi Spenny three differant teams now, i don't know if it has been done before but i have a knack of knowing who has a great chance of winning it and then joining them and being able to still be good enough at my age to get in their sides. (a bit modest i know, but i am confident in my own ability) i am just a hard working player who doesn't want to let anyone down and i have always had that winning habit and mental strength not wanting to lose any game. Thanks again Spenny my tip for next years junior cup if Portreath get promoted would be Trevenson so go on boys start signing up now or get on the phone to Neal Jefferee.

Nice one Portreath chuffed to bits you guys won and gutted i couldnt watch but ill definately be there come the final easter monday. And on a personal note Wardy im glad youve got that monkey off your back for losing in cup finals.

Guest Dermot

Junior Cup,East Final at Saltash.

Torpoint 0 St Dominick 4 HT 0.1

Good match between two battling sides,Torpoint never gave up and kept pushing right up until the end with 2 late goals finally finishing them off. :clapper:

Having Reffed Portreath a couple of rounds ago and being involved in this game tonight i reckon this will be an exciting Final between two good footballing sides. :thumbsup:

Portreath V St Dominick at Wadebridge Town on Easter Monday.

Guest Sullivan

News travels fast! I'm in Tokyo :ninja: and everyone's talking about it! :D Up the Mining League! Congrats to all involved with Porthreath especially the players, catch ya end of the season!

Hi Spenny three differant teams now, i don't know if it has been done before but i have a knack of knowing who has a great chance of winning it and then joining them and being able to still be good enough at my age to get in their sides. (a bit modest i know, but i am confident in my own ability) i am just a hard working player who doesn't want to let anyone down and i have always had that winning habit and mental strength not wanting to lose any game. Thanks again Spenny my tip for next years junior cup if Portreath get promoted would be Trevenson so go on boys start signing up now or get on the phone to Neal Jefferee.

Congratulations to Portreath. Hope you win it for the West (and the Mining League).

Re above post, do I take it that you are a glory hunter? To quote you: "...i have a knack of knowing who has a great chance of winning it and then joining them...". Nice loyalty. Who are you choosing next year then, because if Portreath get promoted, they won't be winning anything, and you can't have that can you!

right shall we start at the beginning then shall we....

Holmans social club i was coming to the end of my career as i thought back then being aged 37 the only trophy i had not won in my long caeer was the junior cup and as my brothers where playing for them i thought i would try and help them achieve what i wanted to achieve and win the junior cup and also play with my brothers for the last time. Alas we got there but didn't win it. The following season Holmans where promoted to senior football i stayed for one more season and said enough was enough as i wanted to finish. Then i got the call from Andy Tasker who had just become St Day manager and he asked me to play for them and the first thing i said to him was we will win the junior cup this year and i will try and help you achieve this and that is what we went on to do. The very next season St Day got promoted and as i didn't want to play senior football again (age and old legs) my brothers suggested that i should come and play for Portreath and again i accepted and again thought it might be my last season (42) We didn't win the junior cup that year but i knew that the side could go on and win it this year as i had said to Neal Jeffree last August and now here we are in the final. So to call me a glory hunter is a bit strong as i said before my age ,experience and knowing how to win matches comes from a background of winning trophies at all the clubs i have been at and playing well within a team or teams who have all fought to the bitter end.

If you have the ability mate and a top side wanted you and you also knew that they might have a chance of winning something i think 99% of players who are honest would join that club we all play this great game to win if you are not you shouldn't cross the white line.

Sorry for being a winner Mangle and thanks for the praise you have given to Portreath it is appreciated by one and all see you around.

Guest Sullivan

I know Dazza through work and I would say that he just loves the game. When you get to a certain age (don't mean to take the mick) you can read the game and leagues (locally). You know who are the strongest teams and if they want you, you go... Human nature. Fair play Daz! Bet I score past you though - come the end of the season :D

right shall we start at the beginning then shall we....

Holmans social club i was coming to the end of my career as i thought back then being aged 37 the only trophy i had not won in my long caeer was the junior cup and as my brothers where playing for them i thought i would try and help them achieve what i wanted to achieve and win the junior cup and also play with my brothers for the last time. Alas we got there but didn't win it. The following season Holmans where promoted to senior football i stayed for one more season and said enough was enough as i wanted to finish. Then i got the call from Andy Tasker who had just become St Day manager and he asked me to play for them and the first thing i said to him was we will win the junior cup this year and i will try and help you achieve this and that is what we went on to do. The very next season St Day got promoted and as i didn't want to play senior football again (age and old legs) my brothers suggested that i should come and play for Portreath and again i accepted and again thought it might be my last season (42) We didn't win the junior cup that year but i knew that the side could go on and win it this year as i had said to Neal Jeffree last August and now here we are in the final. So to call me a glory hunter is a bit strong as i said before my age ,experience and knowing how to win matches comes from a background of winning trophies at all the clubs i have been at and playing well within a team or teams who have all fought to the bitter end.

If you have the ability mate and a top side wanted you and you also knew that they might have a chance of winning something i think 99% of players who are honest would join that club we all play this great game to win if you are not you shouldn't cross the white line.

Sorry for being a winner Mangle and thanks for the praise you have given to Portreath it is appreciated by one and all see you around.

DAZ YOU STILL GOT TO BE GOOD ENOUGH,TO BE A GLORY HUNTER,WINNERS MEDALS WITH EIGHT DIFFERENT TEAMS,PLAYED TILL I WAS 44,SO GO ON MATE ANOTER 2 YRS :drink: :drink:

Apologies for hitting a raw nerve...."mate". I've won bugger all in all the years I've been playing, so what do I know. I love the game, play to win, but also enjoy being around a good bunch of mates, so I have stayed put for long periods. Hope you have another winners medal around your neck on Easter Monday.

Guest Luffy

sulli are you realy in tokyo

yep he is lol

well thats his excuse for not coming training so i assume he is :ninja:

Well done to portreath. Any player who can play past forty gets my respect. I am forty and apart from the odd game friendlies I have given up playing in the leagues, legs just can not propel my dynamic body anymore.

Being in tokyo is no excuse for missing training, have to have a word when he returns.

WELL DONE DAZ.COULDNT HAPPEN TO A NICER BLOKE AND VERY GOOD DEFENDER.I HAD 5 EASTER MONDAYS AND LOST THE LOT!!! NOT A HAPPY DAY FOR ME!! HOPE YOU AND THE LADS HAVE A GREAT DAY AND BRING THE CUP BACK WEST.ALL THE BEST BUD.RAPPO X :c::thumbsup:

NOT FORGETTING YOU ROB!!! :thumbsup:

LUFFY trying to put a 6 aside team together need you bud r u in ???

Can i just ask what that has to do with the Junior Cup Area final? There is a personal PM service on this forum for things like that.

Its slightly annoying when you go on a topic because the heading seems interesting and you want to see whats going on, only to find it clogged with peoples chatting to each other about something that has nothing to do with the topic. Its begginning to happen quite abit on this forum. :SM_carton:

Yeh sometimes, you might say something that leads to a chat about something else but that comment i highlighted just came from nowhere and had nothing to do with the topic. If u wanted to ask somebody something ur probably better off sending a PM because the other person would definately get the message then!

JUNIOR CUP AREA FINAL - thoughts anybody?