Cornwall Football Forum

Bond Timber CORNWALL JUNIOR CUP 2021-22 2nd Round Results - Saturdays 23 & 30 Oct & 6 Nov 2021

SECOND ROUND

Round 2 (East and West split)

EAST

Biscovey                            H/W      Queens Rangers - walkover

Boscastle                         1-0         Lostwithiel

Castle Loyale                    0-7           Mevagissey

Foxhole Stars Reserves   1-0        Bude Town Reserves

Gunnislake Reserves      2-4         AFC Bodmin

Morwenstow Reserves   4-2            St Mawgan Reserves

Nanpean Rovers              15-2      St Dominick Reserves

North Hill                          0-3         Gorran

Polperro Reserves           H/W            Tintagel - Walkover

Polzeath                            1-5         Dobwalls Reserves

St Breward                       7-1         Calstock

St Minver Reserves         1-2         Lanivet Inn

Saltash United Thirds     1-4         North Petherwin

Southgate Seniors           1-3         St Cleer Reserves

Torpoint Athletic 4ths    1-6      St Columb Major

Tregrehan Mills                 2-0         Grampound

WEST

Camborne SoM               6-1         Carharrack

Chacewater                      0-6         Probus

Falmouth United             H/W      St Ives Mariners - walkover

Frogpool & Cusgarne      0-7            St Just

Mawnan Reserves           3-4         Dropship

Penzance Reserves          P-P        Newlyn Non-Athletico (now 6th Nov)

Perranporth Reserves    3-2         Falmouth DC

Perranwell Reserves       0-2         Threemilestone

Redruth United Res        8-0         RNAS Culdrose Reserves (played at Culdrose)

Rosudgeon Reserves       4-3            Tregony

St Buryan                          1-3        Lizard Argyle Reserves

Stithians                           3-2          Troon (aet, 2-2 at 90 mins)

Storm                                0-11      Praze-An-Beeble

West Cornwall                 1-2         Wendron United 4ths

Two ties completed on 30 October

WEST

Illogan RBL Reserves      2-0         Constantine

Ludgvan Reserves           1-2         St Ives Town Reserves

2 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Round 2 (East and West split)

EAST

Biscovey                                 H/W         Queens Rangers - walkover

Boscastle                                v              Lostwithiel

Castle Loyale                         v              Mevagissey

Foxhole Stars Reserves         v              Bude Town Reserves

Gunnislake Reserves             v              AFC Bodmin

Morwenstow Reserves           v              St Mawgan Reserves

Nanpean Rovers                    v              St Dominick Reserves

North Hill                                v              Gorran

Polperro Reserves                  v              Tintagel

Polzeath                                 v              Dobwalls Reserves

St Breward                              v              Calstock

St Minver Reserves                v              Lanivet Inn

Saltash United Thirds             v              North Petherwin

Southgate Seniors                  v              St Cleer Reserves

Torpoint Athletic 4ths              v              St Columb Major

Tregrehan Mills                      v              Grampound

WEST

Camborne School Of Mines   v              Carharrack

Chacewater                            v              Probus

Falmouth United                     H/W         St Ives Mariners - walkover

Frogpool & Cusgarne             v              St Just

Mawnan Reserves                  v              Dropship

Penzance Reserves                P-P          Newlyn Non-Athletico

Perranporth Reserves            v              Falmouth DC

Perranwell Reserves              v              Threemilestone

Redruth United Reserves       v              RNAS Culdrose Reserves

Rosudgeon Reserves             v              Tregony

St Buryan                                v              Lizard Argyle Reserves

Stithians                                 v              Troon

Storm                                      v              Praze-An-Beeble

West Cornwall                        v              Wendron United 4ths

West Cornwall 3pm kick off.

Chacewater 0 Probus 6 (Jamie Bilkey 2, Ben Daniel 2, Jack Truscott and an own goal)

I would like to think that anyone watching today’s game will say that we deserved our win against higher league opponents. We knew it would be a difficult game against a team who are near the top of division one in the Trelawny league. We started well and straight from the kick off (after about 10 seconds) we had a chance for Jamie Bilkey, when a back pass was short and his shot was well saved by the home keeper. After 19 minutes Tom Orpe had a header wide from an Oscar Thomas-Donald cross. A minute later the home keeper then made another good save from Jack Truscott via a Jamie Bilkey pass. From the resulting corner Jack Truscott had a header tipped over. We did take the lead after 30 minutes when Jamie Bilkey scored a very good goal, when he passed the ball into the net to show the composure we had been missing in front of goal. We had another chance straight after the win the ball back from kick off but the home keeper made another excellent save from Jack Truscott’s shot. After 33 minutes Jack Truscott had an excellent header tipped over. In the 45th minute Chacewater were awarded a free kick after Tom Orpe slipped and felled an opposing player. That wasn’t the end of the first half action though because a Jamie Bilkey cross found Ethan Gatley but his volley was again well saved by the home keeper. 0-1 at half time and we were disappointed it wasn’t more and we hoped we weren’t made to pay for the chances we had missed.

I came on at half time, so my memory of the second half isn’t great! Chacewater started the half better and we knew the next goal was important. They didn’t really created anything despite have more possession for the first 10 minutes.We scored 5 unanswered goals in the second half, but Chacewater did hit the post at 0-5. I do remember that Ben Daniel scored an excellent goal when his quick feet walked through the Chacewater defence and Jack Truscott got the final goal and it was what his performance deserved. Tom Orpe also assisted with some of the goals - like I say I can’t remember all the goals!

Overall we felt we warranted the win but I’m sure Chacewater have, and will play better. Thank you to the referee Adam Batchelor,who had an excellent game and to Chacewater for their hospitality after the game. It was nice to see and speak to the league secretary, David James, at the game. We look forward to the next round draw.

4 hours ago, Richard Chown said:

CSOM 6 Carharrack 1

What a set-up (except for lack of a tea hut!)! Wish there'd been facilities like that when I was at school or teaching. Great view from the balcony alongside the pitch, the sea in the distance..

You don't expect much playing away to a team from three divisions above you but Carharrack were good value for only being 2 - 0 down at half-time (17th and 38th minutes).

The second half was livened up by the arrival of a few young female students on the balcony, presumably from CSM who provided a bit of vocal accompaniment to their team's efforts. 3 an 4 nil down in the 57th and 63rd minutes, CSM put a pen wide on 66, made it 5 - 0 on 71 as 21 players stood silently for an expected offside flag that never came - even the lad who scored made no celebration, and the ref, who had an excellent game, was also waiting for the flag and had to have it confirmed by the Carharrack linesman that it wasn't offside; then Ben Rapsey scored a goal for the visitors in the 72nd minute, no less than they deserved for their endeavours this afternoon, before CSM wrapped it up on 83 for a sixth. Don't know where the 7th came from!

Great chat with Rappo, watching his son, and his m-in-law (can't imagine going ANYwhere with my m-i-law when she was alive!), fun to hear the F-troop roaring from Bickland, bit chilly otherwise and kicking myself for making a flask of tea to take only to leave it on the draining board..... (Age!)

Boscastle 1 losty 0

A soft early penalty decided it although credit to bill for almost getting to it. Chances for losty few and far between although we did get the ball in the net only for the linesman to flag it offside think it’s what you might call a tight call. 

Tough game against a physical side who played to their strengths and saw the game out. 

cup run is over for another season boys can focus on finishing as high as possible in the league 

1 hour ago, Tom Trust said:

What a set-up (except for lack of a tea hut!)! Wish there'd been facilities like that when I was at school or teaching. Great view from the balcony alongside the pitch, the sea in the distance..

You don't expect much playing away to a team from three divisions above you but Carharrack were good value for only being 2 - 0 down at half-time (17th and 38th minutes).

The second half was livened up by the arrival of a few young female students on the balcony, presumably from CSM who provided a bit of vocal accompaniment to their team's efforts. 3 an 4 nil down in the 57th and 63rd minutes, CSM put a pen wide on 66, made it 5 - 0 on 71 as 21 players stood silently for an expected offside flag that never came - even the lad who scored made no celebration, and the ref, who had an excellent game, was also waiting for the flag and had to have it confirmed by the Carharrack linesman that it wasn't offside; then Ben Rapsey scored a goal for the visitors in the 72nd minute, no less than they deserved for their endeavours this afternoon, before CSM wrapped it up on 83 for a sixth. Don't know where the 7th came from!

Great chat with Rappo, watching his son, and his m-in-law (can't imagine going ANYwhere with my m-i-law when she was alive!), fun to hear the F-troop roaring from Bickland, bit chilly otherwise and kicking myself for making a flask of tea to take only to leave it on the draining board..... (Age!)

Great report and spot on, good to see you Tom 👍 Like you say what a fantastic venue that Falmouth 3G is! Nothing like that in our day mate! Bit nippy up there though, could have certainly done with that cup of tea at half time. 😁️ Dario’s squad of 16 in the morning turned to 12 by 2pm he even asked a 54 year old cripple if he had his boots!!😂 so thought the boys gave it a good go against a team 3 divisions higher and certainly deserved a goal or two! The students had some quality players, at least 3 SWPL standard I thought? The 99 and 10 were excellent 👏🏼 Definitely 6-1 though wasn’t it Tom!!!? 😀🤔 not sure where the ”ghost” 7th came from mate!!? 🤔 Great to hear that massive roar come up the road from Bickland!! Looked at my watch and it was a minute past 3!! Thought that’s a decent start! 😃💛🖤 

Glad someone else thinks it was 6 - 1! Agree with you about the 10 and 99 - obviously well above Trelawney standard but presumably, as students, they'd rather play with their fellow-undergrads than for a higher level team that might want them to travel miles and sometimes in midweek. Of course, another factor in that game would be the fitness of youth! Had my flask of tea when I got home, by the way! And I presume Town scored a very early goal. Nice to see them winning against out-of-county opposition.

Bosty 1 Losty 0

Firstly a big thank you to the 3 officials, my old mate Gary Cornish, Xavier xb1 and the home linesman. We lost experienced defender Josh Cook within 5 minutes and almost immediately gave away a soft penalty, which was scored. Bosty bossed the remainder of the first half but we managed to keep it to 1 though from our only attack the linesman's flag curtailed our delight when we thought we had equalised. The second half again followed a similar pattern and we never really looked like we believed we could score and in the end only some brave and resolute defending by us kept the score at 1-0  when the whistle went. Well done to Bosty and good luck in the next round. A good effort from our boys but we lacked belief and quality today. Cheers Bill

7 hours ago, ArseneWanger said:

JC 

Storm 0-11 Praze

Danny Ford
Jack Mankee
Harry Batt
Jacob Paul

credit to storm, they never gave up.

Cheers for the food at the pub and all the best of the rest of the season 👌

Hayle's Combination League keeper playing outfield and scores 6?

39 minutes ago, Tom Trust said:

To Richard Chown: where did the 7 - 1 scoreline come from? Seems Rappo agrees with me that CSM scored 6. I do recall him saying how cruel it would be if CSM got a 7th, just after a missed chance by them at 6 - 1. I don't know the name of the ref but Rappo does: maybe he could clear up the mystery.

Jamie Mooney was the appointed official Tom.

Junior Cup Result
Perran 2nds 3-2 Falmouth DC
Elliott Jolly (2)
Ben Glanville (1)
Assists:- Mark Mitchell (1), Leon Langy (1), Aaron Byworth (1)
Man of the Match:- Sol Murley

Perranporth knew this would be a tough cup game against a very strong Falmouth team from Div 2 and everybody had to be on their game.
With both teams playing some good football in the 1st half Perranporth won a Freekick, Mark Mitch pinged a great ball in the box to find Elliott Jolly's head and he gracefully headed the home team in front on 9 minutes.
A couple of good saves in the 1st half from Levi Webster  kept Falmouth at bay as the away team we're looking for an equaliser then on the 44th minute Aaron Byworth played the ball down the wing for Ben Glanville to net from a tight angle to put the home team 2-0 at Halftime.
The 2nd half was tough as Falmouth made a couple of substitutions and a formation change, This suited them immensely as they took control and started to dominate for a while, With a quick turn of events Leon Langmaid recieved the ball and crossed the ball along the ground for Elliott Jolly to slide in and bag his 2nd of the game 3-0 Perranporth.
This didn't stop the visitors from attacking and they took the game to Perranporth and grabbed 2 goals back 3-2  Perran.
With time ticking away Perranporth's defence held strong to claim a tough result and put us into the next round.
A massive shout out to the whole team for there commitment, All the defence deserved to be Men of the Match but Sol Murley edged it with a solid confidence performance. Having subs on the bench was an essential part of yesterday's game as everyone was needed to play there part.
All the best to Falmouth DC for the forthcoming season, Great bunch of lads and they unfortunately lost the drinking game in the bar afterwards, Great Banter and a great match for the neutral.

On 23/10/2021 at 17:38, Chris Davey said:

Chacewater 0 Probus 6 (Jamie Bilkey 2, Ben Daniel 2, Jack Truscott and an own goal)

I would like to think that anyone watching today’s game will say that we deserved our win against higher league opponents. We knew it would be a difficult game against a team who are near the top of division one in the Trelawny league. We started well and straight from the kick off (after about 10 seconds) we had a chance for Jamie Bilkey, when a back pass was short and his shot was well saved by the home keeper. After 19 minutes Tom Orpe had a header wide from an Oscar Thomas-Donald cross. A minute later the home keeper then made another good save from Jack Truscott via a Jamie Bilkey pass. From the resulting corner Jack Truscott had a header tipped over. We did take the lead after 30 minutes when Jamie Bilkey scored a very good goal, when he passed the ball into the net to show the composure we had been missing in front of goal. We had another chance straight after the win the ball back from kick off but the home keeper made another excellent save from Jack Truscott’s shot. After 33 minutes Jack Truscott had an excellent header tipped over. In the 45th minute Chacewater were awarded a free kick after Tom Orpe slipped and felled an opposing player. That wasn’t the end of the first half action though because a Jamie Bilkey cross found Ethan Gatley but his volley was again well saved by the home keeper. 0-1 at half time and we were disappointed it wasn’t more and we hoped we weren’t made to pay for the chances we had missed.

I came on at half time, so my memory of the second half isn’t great! Chacewater started the half better and we knew the next goal was important. They didn’t really created anything despite have more possession for the first 10 minutes.We scored 5 unanswered goals in the second half, but Chacewater did hit the post at 0-5. I do remember that Ben Daniel scored an excellent goal when his quick feet walked through the Chacewater defence and Jack Truscott got the final goal and it was what his performance deserved. Tom Orpe also assisted with some of the goals - like I say I can’t remember all the goals!

Overall we felt we warranted the win but I’m sure Chacewater have, and will play better. Thank you to the referee Adam Batchelor,who had an excellent game and to Chacewater for their hospitality after the game. It was nice to see and speak to the league secretary, David James, at the game. We look forward to the next round draw.

Probus were the better team on the day, obviously. We had plenty of chances to potentially change the flow of the game but failed to put the ball in your net.

Thought the game was played in good spirits with a decent crowd as well. 

Ref was excellent throughout, thanks Adam. 

Nice to have a brief chat with David James also. :)

Good luck with the rest of your season Probus. 

Russ (Chace GK) 

23 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Hi Tom, think it’s been corrected. Noticed on the Cornwall FA website when I was checking all the other results late last night it’s 6-1 now mate 👍

Ah, relief! Long ago I reached the stage where if anyone doubted something I said I'd seen I would go with their version as age creeps inexorably up on me!

On 22/10/2021 at 22:36, MattP said:

Polperro v Tintagel also a walkover and home win 

Is that for definite Matt? Still not confirmed as such on the County FA site.

On 24/10/2021 at 10:07, frogfinder said:

Castle-Loyale. 0. Mevagissey  7

Still not showing on County FA site!

And finally - can anyone confirm the result for Rosudgeon Reserves v Tregony please?

9 hours ago, David Bray said:

You need to contact the County Office,  currently all County Cup Draws are carried out ' on line' via a FA Web site. No need for anyone from the Cup Committee to travel to Callywith. 

9 hours ago, David Bray said:

You need to contact the County Office,  currently all County Cup Draws are carried out ' on line' via a FA Web site. No need for anyone from the Cup Committee to travel to Callywith. 

On 25/10/2021 at 22:09, The Badger said:

When will the 3rd round draw take place?

So, no excuse for NOT issuing a schedule then. How many times do you see the Q asked?

21 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Is that for definite Matt? Still not confirmed as such on the County FA site.

Still not showing on County FA site!

And finally - can anyone confirm the result for Rosudgeon Reserves v Tregony please?

Tintagel were unable to raise a side and the game was cancelled so I don’t see any circumstance where that wouldn’t be the case? 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to Bond Timber CORNWALL JUNIOR CUP 2021-22 2nd Round Results - Saturdays 23 & 30 Oct & 6 Nov 2021
  • Dave Deacon unpinned this topic