Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Results - Tuesday 19th October 2021

10 hours ago, Themanhimself said:

2 fantastic fixtures tonight by the combination league. Feel sorry for both Pendeen and Lizard who had to travel for 20 minutes at helston for Pendeen and 45 minutes for Lizard. Crazy fixturing in my opinion :) 

Bit harsh as I’m sure the league didn’t know it was going to lash down for hours!

I’m sure the players would have wanted the opportunity to play midweek under lights.

• cornishteddyboy changed the title to LWC Drinks Combination League Results - Tuesday 19th October 2021
2 hours ago, Themanhimself said:

Sorry Dave, what I meant was that to pull Pendeen and Lizard all that way for a midweek was a bit silly in my opinion 

Next season then, the League will emply an old with a crystal ball, plus we will rub our old piece of seasweed to see if it is wet, see if everyones corns are hurting before we fixture any games, in July for mid-week in October. 

We have postponed next Tuesday's game, Wendron v Pendeen as someone has said his old joints are aching.

https://stephenliddell.co.uk/2017/07/20/predicting-the-weather-with-old-wives-tales/

8 hours ago, Themanhimself said:

Sorry Dave, what I meant was that to pull Pendeen and Lizard all that way for a midweek was a bit silly in my opinion 

I don’t know really, you see I take the line that the players of both travelling clubs might have welcomed a midweek match under lights! Be good to hear from a couple players with their opinions. Unless you’re one yourself 😀👍