Cinderford Town              2-5             Winchester City

Cirencester Town             6-0              Slimbridge

Frome Town                       3-2             Sholing

Highworth Town              5-1             Evesham United

Lymington Town               2-1             Bideford

Melksham Town               4-3             Plymouth Parkway

Paulton Rovers                  1-3             Bristol Manor Farm

Willand Rovers                  1-0           Larkhall Athletic

Not sure what went on there, but it looks like the lessons learned from the away defeat to Bristol MF a few weeks ago were forgotten (not to mention the Trophy win against Highworth last week when a Crago hat trick dug them out of a hole). To be 3 up away from home with 35 minutes to play, and come away with nothing is not good. Looks like when it starts to to wrong, the whole thing collapses. Perhaps there is a lack of leadership in the side, although the likes of Moore, Bentley,Hall Palfrey, Allen and Williams have been around a while now and have experience of this and higher levels, and should be able to step up.

Searching for the positives, Adam Carter got a couple and there has been 27 goals in the last 4 matches involving Parkway. No shortage of entertainment!

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 16 October 2021
3 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Parkway throwing  a 3 goal lead away. You have to ask  what getting rid of rob Farkins has achieved ?? 
some awful goals being conceded every week now. 
there no commanding voice there now. 
Poor result. 

Farkins providing experience and leadership to a fairly young Buckland side. Levi L and Farks joining providing much needed know-how to aid the talented young Bucks. 

This what I think is hurting parkway in tough games or when a team gets on top. 
farkins , Krac or Matt wright were massively experienced and people you want in this league. I understand krac had to stop playing but getting rid of the other 2 dies seem an odd one. 
Mike landricombe also seem to be the one that been benched. And Bentley and Rose the central pair. 
maybe a better defensive midfielder is the answer 

Being 3-0 up and losing, something ain't right. That's a few times now parkway been ahead and lost a few goal cushion. Yeah i would look at some of the players, are they good enough? Or is the management out of their depth? Did they get rid of influential players in the summer? 

Thing is they'll go win 4-0 next game and all will be forgotten 

13 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

This what I think is hurting parkway in tough games or when a team gets on top. 
farkins , Krac or Matt wright were massively experienced and people you want in this league. I understand krac had to stop playing but getting rid of the other 2 dies seem an odd one. 
Mike landricombe also seem to be the one that been benched. And Bentley and Rose the central pair. 
maybe a better defensive midfielder is the answer 

From a purely playing point of view Rob Farkins was past his best and needed replacing (the way it was done wasn't great though), Shane Krac was (by his own admission) done as a step 4 player. He was a walking booking/sending off towards the end as well. No idea what went on with Matt Wright. 

My point is though that things do tend to go wrong quite quickly on the pitch, other sides in the league will have noted that Parkway can concede goals in quick succession. Leadership on the pitch is about more than shouting, screaming and clenched fists. Commented to someone at the start of the season that now a few of the big voices and characters have gone, others have to step up. Players like Moore, Lane ,Bentley Palfrey, Williams and Allen have been at the club and this level for a while now, and they have to step up and take on extra responsibility.

It's all part of the process of learning and adjusting to this league, and puts in perspective the thoughts of those who believed Parkway would surge through this division.

Still think Parkway will be alright, Lee Hobbs and Matt Cusack are too streetwise and intelligent not to see what is needed. If this group of players doesn't take these lessons on board, then Hobbs has showed himself to be a manager who's not afraid of making changes. 

To me moore in goal is another of them that shouts and rants in the wrong manner when I have watched. The same with Allen to an extent. I wonder if Matt Andrew will maybe grow into the leader 

I do agree tho parkway have plenty of good players to be fine in this league. Sure Lee and Matt will get the errors sorted out.  They could do with a game at bolitho to honest I’m not blaming travel but next week will be the 4th away game on the trot. 

4 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

To me moore in goal is another of them that shouts and rants in the wrong manner when I have watched. The same with Allen to an extent. I wonder if Matt Andrew will maybe grow into the leader 

I do agree tho parkway have plenty of good players to be fine in this league. Sure Lee and Matt will get the errors sorted out.  They could do with a game at bolitho to honest I’m not blaming travel but next week will be the 4th away game on the trot. 

Another card for Moore yesterday, dissent I would guess. The penny might drop with him, and a few others, at some stage.